• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

And we passed over Tony Parker...................

Vol4ever

Hindsight is 20/20. Gilbert Arenas went 2 spots behind Parker.

We could call every team in the league out for passing on Agent 0. Some of them passed on him twice. Houston passed on him 3 times. You don't hear fans of those teams whining.

For the record, that was the year we drafted Pau Gasol and traded him for Shareef. So that's who we passed on Tony Parker for. And if we'd drafted Tony Parker with the 3rd pick, Hawks fans (including you) would've called for someone's head.

• Moderators

Quote:

For the record, that was the year we drafted Pau Gasol and traded him for Shareef. So that's who we passed on Tony Parker for. And if we'd drafted Tony Parker with the 3rd pick, Hawks fans (including you) would've called for someone's head.

I agree that this is a dead issue. However, for the record, we had a late first pick in that draft and traded for a future first round pick. We could have drafted Jamaal Tinsley or Tony Parker without using our 3rd pick.

Actually, the Hawks didn't have that late 1st round pick until after they made the trade with the Grizzlies. The Grizzlies had the pick, and they dealt it to Atlanta along with Shareef Abdur Rahim for Pau Gasol, Lorenzen Wright, and Brevin Knight.

The Hawks did end up passing on Tony Parker and traded the draft rights of Jamaal Tinsley to Indiana. In fact, Pete Babcock stated that he was going to draft Tony Parker with that pick, but they ended up passing because they weren't sure that Parker was ready to play. Basically, Pete had lost all confidence in the draft process. I still believe that had Pete not made the deal for SAR, he would have taken Shane Battier with the 3rd pick.

There are certain really good players that I would never want on my team.

Tony Parker is one of them.

I never would want to be in a position where I had to cheer for him.

JJ Reddick is another. Mike Dunleavy too. The list goes on and on. If you're a douche, I want no part.

Quote:

JJ Reddick is another. Mike Dunleavy too. The list goes on and on. If you're a douche, I want no part.

What has Tony Parker done that is so objectionable?

Quote:

I understand the Mike Dunleavy hate.

What wrong with Reddick ? If you just hate Duke I could under stand that since half of America hates Duke.

Tony Parker a douche ? The NBA Finals MVP who also just married one of the most beautiful woman in the world. Come on !

Now I hate most things French.............but I'm not even that narrow minded.

Quote:

Quote:

What wrong with Reddick ? If you just hate Duke I could under stand that since half of America hates Duke.

Tony Parker a douche ? The NBA Finals MVP who also just married one of the most beautiful woman in the world. Come on !

lol, it's a personal preference.

In his interviews, commercials, etc., he comes off like a giant douche to me. It has nothing to do with him being French (my mother is from Quebec).

It's just my opinion.

I dont like him and I think he's a douche.

atlien must be a carolina or maryland guy. Or maybe a fan of an ACC team where redick dominated for 4 years. If they were black they wouldnt be douches. White guys cant be cocky or they are going to be hated.

One thing if you are a carolina fan what about rashad mccants? This guy was the biggest show boat carolinas had IMO with his stupid dynasty hand signal and all the head bobbing. If you go redick a douche for the way he acts on the court or interviews put mccants in there too.

Quote:

in the draft for who?????????????????????

It's not like Parker was a highly-touted prospect that was selected right after our pick.

By starting this thread, I am forced to conclude that you are campaigning (against Walter, I guess?) to become Mayor of Fussytown.

Haha, Im a huge Kansas fan (and while I do like Carolina more than Duke, I'm not a fan of either).

Jeez, it's just my opinion (Reddick did a lot of douchey things in my opinion).

Let's see who else I can piss off.

I also have never liked Ginobili, Shelden, Raja Bell, Troy Murphy, Deron Williams, Charlie V, Bruce Bowen, and many others.

Some of those guys are really good. Some aren't. I still would prefer to not have to cheer for them (but, if they made my team better, I'd still be cool with them, I guess. I'd just rather have someone else who'd make my team better).

• Moderators

Quote:

Jeez, it's just my opinion (Reddick did a lot of douchey things in my opinion).

Let's see who else I can piss off.

I think your Reddick hate will have a lot of support here. The relentless hype for this guy was hard to stomach after a while. For god's sake, we had to endure hearing him read his poetry on national television and complain about how mistreated he was by the fans!

Quote:

Quote:

As a HUGE dook hater I actually fully understand the Redick hate, but not Dunleavey. Redick was one of the most obnoxious college players of all time. He was whiner and an instigator, but he always played the victim. He'd flash the shocker to Maryland fans and the complain that they taunted him (as if the dookies didn't taunt opposing players).

In short, I have no sympathy for Redick.

Dunleavey was an awesome college player and a classy guy as well. His teams (along with Jason Williams and Boozer) were just plain nasty, and they were far less dookish than they had a right to be with the way they destroyed teams. They were so good that I actually enjoyed watching them play (BARF).

Haven't really followed him as a pro.

• Admin

lots of teams passed on him. it's not like he was a grade A sure thing prospect. I guess people forget all those early years when Pop was benching him for making stupid, non-team oriented decisions. He was a project that good coaching turned into a great player. He's still not what I would call a great point guard. He's a great PG for their system, and a very good overall player, but he's not a great PG. If he became a free agent I wouldn't throw big money at him because I'm not convinced he would have the same impact anywhere else.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

in the draft for who?????????????????????

It's not like Parker was a highly-touted prospect that was selected right after our pick.

By starting this thread, I am forced to conclude that you are campaigning (against Walter, I guess?) to become Mayor of Fussytown.

I'm sorry but what universe do you originate from???