• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who do our guys need to play like...

atlien

For us to be successful.

I'm bored at work and got this idea from Northcyde's (I think) sig saying we need Smoove to play more like Kemp than Wallace (which I agree with).

What about other's?

Here's mine:

Acie - Best case scenario is Chauncey, but that's asking a little too much IMO and might not be the best comparison. So i'll go with Sam Cassell. He needs to play smart, distribute the ball to our wings, get to the bucket, and hit open shots when given the chance.

Joe - Joe doesn't really need a comparsion. He just needs to do him.

Marvin - Deng comes to mind. We need him to be all over the place and killing fools with the mid-range game. We also need 5-6 boards a game from him, some good shooting %s and trips to the FT line. No more disappearing either. Rashard Lewis would also be a good one (but itll take Marv another few years to come even close to that outside shot).

Smoove - Shawn Kemp. I like that one. We need him to use his athleticism to absolutely beast people. Make people think twice about coming in the paint.

Horford - Carlos Boozer. This one was evident to me last night after watching Utah play Houston. Boozer was not only great, he made Yao a freakin LIABILITY. Like, they had to take Yao out b/c Boozer was punishing him with his combination of size, speed, athleticism and quickness. If Horford can do the same, we're in for a great post player.

Chill - Tayshaun Prince. He needs to keep doing all the little things, but could stand to get a bit better with the outside shot and the man defense (things Tayshaun excels at).

Shelden - Antonio Davis or Charles Oakley. We need him to play rugged and take the enforcer role. 10 rebounds a game shouldnt even be a question if he gets 30 minutes a night.

Mario West - Trenton Hassel. High-energy guy who is just a pain-in-the-ass to have guarding you.

Salim - Eddie House. We need him to learn to effectively take that role of off-the-bench potent offense (3 point shooter) the way House has the last couple of years.

Solmon Jones - Samuel Dalembert. This is an absolute best-case scenario. Block some shots and board like crazy.

Those were the ones that came to me. Couldn't think of a great one for Zaza, and the others didnt matter that much IMO.

But, I'd take this team:

Cassell/Lue

Joe/Tayshaun/Eddie House

Deng/Tayshaun

Kemp/Oakley

Boozer/Zaza/Dalembert

A lot of best-case scenarios... but hey, let's hope a few of them pan out.

I think the Hawks need to play like the Pistons if they want to win a championship because they do not have a Duncan/Shaq/Jordan/Hakeem type of dominator.

In other words, they need to play solid team basketball with contributions up and down the roster, play tough defense and generally be smarter then the opponent. Superior coaching is also needed.