• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

your favorite lineup

Guest MLibid

what kind of lineup would you want the hawks to sport during the season? would you have horford starting? how about pachulia? or even Marvin?

just curious

Thanks

Quote:

what kind of lineup would you want the hawks to sport during the season? would you have horford starting? how about pachulia? or even Marvin?

just curious

Thanks

AJ played in Dallas. I think Woody would like to use his experience against them. I don't think Woody would start two rookies anyway. There is no rush. By the mid-season if Law doesn't start I'll be disappointed. Is Zaza ready for today?

Quote:

Acie, JJ, Marvin, Smoove, Horf

The other I like a lot: JJ, Chillz, Marv, Smoove, Horf

I think JJ should be playing SH, and Horford can't play center. Well, he can, I'm sure, but he shouldn't be.

• Moderators

Quote:

The other I like a lot: JJ, Chillz, Marv, Smoove, Horford

I think this lineup would be scary to a lot of opponents. Some would be fast enough to blow by and some could post us up all day, but most teams would have difficulty both scoring on this team and defending it.

Quote:

Quote:

I think this lineup would be scary to a lot of opponents. Some would be fast enough to blow by and some could post us up all day, but most teams would have difficulty both scoring on this team and defending it.

Can our all 3 small forwards (JJ+Chill+MW) guard their 2 quick PGs? I think Dallas could exploit this.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Can our all 3 small forwards (JJ+Chill+MW) guard their 2 quick PGs? I think Dallas could exploit this.

We could play zone. IDK if thats a good idea against Dallas, because they can shoot with the best of them, but in general, I like this lineup.

Quote:

Quote:

Why would teams have difficulty scoring against that line-up? None of those guys are great defenders. Every point guard in the league not named AJ could easily blow right into the lane.

Quote:

just curious

Thanks

The real queston is.. ..What lineup should play in crunch time??

Quote:

Quote:

just curious

Thanks

The real queston is.. ..What lineup should play in crunch time??

Man I'll be semi-happy if there is a crunch time.

Quote:

Acie, JJ, Marvin, Smoove, Horf

The other I like a lot: JJ, Chillz, Marv, Smoove, Horf

Those are the two I like as well.

While there would probably be some flaws with the 2nd one, trust me, that is NOT a lineup teams would look forward to playing. Nastily athletic and fast.

I don't think the Chillz/JJ/Marv/Smoove/Horford lineup is a full time lineup but I think it can certainly cause matchup problems for our opponents. Gilbert Arenas already commented that it was very difficult to get quality shots off against the long arms of that crew when they were in a zone.

That said, I don't know how effective that lineup would be against Dallas because they have so many quality 3 point shooters. Still though, if we could get the ball up the floor against their smaller lineup, neither Harris nor JT should be able to guard either JJ or Chillz in the low post.

players on the floor at the same time. Acie may change my perception about who our best 5 is one day but that is how I see it right now.

I didn't get to see Acie play enough in the preseason to vault him ahead of one of those 5. If he does turn out to be one of our best 5, I think we are going to be a playoff team for sure.