• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Dallas Mavs @ Atlanta Hawks game thread

gsuteke

Quote:

which IN MY OPINION you are putting too much stock into a 3/4 court sprint.

What you are unable to grasp is that it isn't just the sprint time that is important. it is also what my perception was before the combine.

Since this seems to be be over your head i will give you a simple example to make it clearer.

You perceive two guys as having equal games and equal speed. However after testing you realize player A is faster than player B. Since you perceived their games to be equal then you have to have a more favorable view of player A as a result of the test . If you don't then you are saying speed doesn't matter at pg which is dumb, witness Barea blowing by AJ and Lue last night.

Before the combine i PERCEIVED Crit to be faster than Law when in actuality the opposit was true which magnified the value of the speed time.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Yes I understood that, the analysis was not needed. That's fine if his speed changed YOUR view of his upside, but it didn't for me, I still think he has just as much upside as before I saw his 3/4 sprint. Because he's very young, big, and a very skilled PG. He just hasn't came around in the mental part yet.

Quote:

Quote:

I thought we got exposed at center last night. Za hurt, Lo out and then the foul trouble. Shows how vulnerable we are.

Props to the team though, they brought the mail home.

We got exposed at center of what? rebounding?

We did give up 50 pts in the paint but that was largely due to Barrea and Harris driving.

He may be talking more about how thin we are right now if Horford gets in foul trouble.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I thought we got exposed at center last night. Za hurt, Lo out and then the foul trouble. Shows how vulnerable we are.

Props to the team though, they brought the mail home.

We got exposed at center of what? rebounding?

We did give up 50 pts in the paint but that was largely due to Barrea and Harris driving.

He may be talking more about how thin we are right now if Horford gets in foul trouble.

I think he meant to say that we were thin at point guards being able to stay in front the opposing team's point guard.