• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks vs. Pistons GAME THREAD

bumpyphish1

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Until the Hawks get more players that can create their own shot they will struggle late in games against halfcourt teams. Josh Smith should be blamed. There is no way he can really believe he is a good 3pt shooter or ball handler.. but he continues to try and make plays that he doesn't have the talent to make.

At the very least he should be coming off the bench for a few games.

The fact that Smoove is still unnecesarily launching 3's is Woodsoff's issue, not Smoove's. Coach needs to call the shots--literally.

I wouldn't mind if Woodrow pulled Smoove from the game for a minute, but I don't think he should lose his starting job. Keep in mind at least three times Smoove got the ball on the perimeter with 5 seconds or less left on the shot clock. Poor floor leadership is not Josh's fault. twocents.gif

The need to improve shot selection falls on both Josh and Woodson, IMO. Smith needs to individually improve his shot selection and Woodson needs to scheme so that our top options with the clock running down don't include Josh Smith from long range.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Until the Hawks get more players that can create their own shot they will struggle late in games against halfcourt teams. Josh Smith should be blamed. There is no way he can really believe he is a good 3pt shooter or ball handler.. but he continues to try and make plays that he doesn't have the talent to make.

At the very least he should be coming off the bench for a few games.

The fact that Smoove is still unnecesarily launching 3's is Woodsoff's issue, not Smoove's. Coach needs to call the shots--literally.

I wouldn't mind if Woodrow pulled Smoove from the game for a minute, but I don't think he should lose his starting job. Keep in mind at least three times Smoove got the ball on the perimeter with 5 seconds or less left on the shot clock. Poor floor leadership is not Josh's fault. twocents.gif

WRONG. Smoove should take some responsibility. He's launching the shots. We know he's taking bad shots and there is no way he doesn't realize that he is taking bad shots.

yes, I agree there was a few times he got the ball that put him in some impossible situations, but he's still making alot of mistakes on his own.

Quote:

Quote:

WRONG. Smoove should take some responsibility. He's launching the shots. We know he's taking bad shots and there is no way he doesn't realize that he is taking bad shots.

You're right as always. Smoove is obviously point shaving. pillepalle.gif

Even a guy like Dirk KNOWS that he is a bad defensive player. You don't think Antonie Walker has been told for years that he can't shoot 3's well? Has that ever stopped him? No, and it's not stopping Josh Smith either.

Atleast I don't go around blaming the coaching staff for each and every failure the team has. It's always the coaches or the refs fault. NEVER the players fault.

I don't believe that Woodson likes Josh Smith to take these three point shots, but I believe Josh isn't listening. Why this is so hard for you believe is really strange.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

You're right as always. Smoove is obviously point shaving. pillepalle.gif

He needs to work on shot selection. That is his single biggest challenge right now, IMO.