• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Getting into the flow of things...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Right now the dream of uptempo has been destroyed...

Just two games in.

I have to say: It's coaching.

Woody nor nobody on his staff knows how to coach uptempo. Sadly, we're the team that should be running uptempo.

Right now, we're scoring 96 ppg.

Right now, we're shooting 45% per game.

Right now, From three we're shooting 32% per game.

Collectively that's a big We suck.

The top 10 of uptempo are:

1. Clipps

2. Jazz

3. Lakers

4. Pacers

5. Golden State

6. Memphis

7. Dallas

8. New Orleans.

9. Denver.

10. Phoenix.

and the top ten of assists are:

1. Jazz

2. Clipps

3. Sonics

4. Lakers

5. Denver

6. Suns

7. Spurs

8. Raptors

9. Piston

10. Nets.

24. Hawks.

There are some things we will need to do if we want to be a winning team. One of them is become a better passing team. The other is become a better three point shooting team. Third is get our pace into the triple digit scoring. It's all coaching. Without a gameplan offensively, we will suffer all over the place.

Woody the world is watching...

How many of those top 10 teams played the Pistons? 50% of the colossal sample of 2 was played against a notoriously strong defensive team. Convert 2 of those 4th turnovers into points and we're 2-0 with another 2 points added to our scoring average. I'm no Woody fan, but I'm not talking about firing the coach after going 1-1 with the lost being a 1 point defeat in the Pistons home-opener. And not when one of our top players is shooting a ridiculous 27% from the field.

A little patience.

Two games is a very small sample size. Also consider we have played elite opponents. Dallas had the best record in the West last year and the Piston have been the best in the East for 5 years now.

We played 2 veteran clubs who really don't like to play up tempo. I know we need to take it upon ourselves to push the tempo more but now we are back to.....AJ and Lue pushing a fast paced Phoneix offense.........ya right ! Horford gets the ball up the court quicker then AJ or Lue.

Give Law at least 25 minutes and watch him grow. Law is the only healthy guy on the roster who can run an up tempo offense. We know from 10 year careers that AJ and Lue can't handle it.

The 2005 Speedy sure would be nice to have !

• Moderators

Quote:

It's not just about the stats of the Hawks. When you watch us you see we're more 1 on 1 oriented 75% of the time. Our team offense is MIA.

That has been the biggest story of Woody's tenure as coach, IMO.

Quote:

It's not just about the stats of the Hawks. When you watch us you see we're more 1 on 1 oriented 75% of the time. Our team offense is MIA.

Actually I saw a helluva lot of team basketball when we cut into the Pistons lead and took the big lead of our own.

We looked like the Jazz with the way we were setting everybody up with passes off the dribble.

Then that quickly goes away when Lue enters the game

• Premium Member

Yeah. Lue slows a productive offense. That's coaching. Woody has to know how to Put Lue on the floor. Even if he's out there, I wouldn't let him be the primary ball handler. I would entrust that to JC or JJ if I must. Also, I think I'd put Salim on the court to see if he can hit some big shots. I think he can.

Quote:

Yeah. Lue slows a productive offense. That's coaching. Woody has to know how to Put Lue on the floor. Even if he's out there, I wouldn't let him be the primary ball handler. I would entrust that to JC or JJ if I must. Also, I think I'd put Salim on the court to see if he can hit some big shots. I think he can.

In Woody's defense, PG is our weakest position right now in terms of depth.

We need Speedy back. And we need to somehow get another backup PG.

I wish we could develop Salim into a poor man's Acie Law