• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tonight is a MUST-WIN

BHayley

After going through extreme depression after losing that last game, I think tonight is an absolute must-win. We always play well against PHX (home game), and the Celtics will be tough, and we should beat the Wizards. So we win tonight, go 2-1, steal a game from PHX, lose to Celtics, and beat the Wizards and we're 4-2.

Bring your "A" game tonight! No slow starts!

Joshes: STEP IT UP!

Lue: You're not the team!

JJ and Marvin: Do your thing!

Quote:

Quote:

I actually think we have a better chance of beating Boston, than Phoenix.

[/indent]

I disagree. The last 4 times we've played PHX, 3 of them we have either won or lost in the last minute. We are way better than them defensively and are athletic enough. Boston, on the other hand, just needs one star to step up and the other two to produce well. I think Boston is overrated though and that game is also quite winnable. Can't wait to see what happens.

Quote:

Phoneix will be tough. The 2nd game of back to back games are alwayse leg killers........At least our rookies have done it before in the NCAA Tournament so it won't be a total shock to the system.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[/indent]

I disagree. The last 4 times we've played PHX, 3 of them we have either won or lost in the last minute. We are way better than them defensively and are athletic enough. Boston, on the other hand, just needs one star to step up and the other two to produce well. I think Boston is overrated though and that game is also quite winnable. Can't wait to see what happens.

[/indent]

Actually, I think all 3 games are more winnable than Vegas thinks. Take the points in all of them.

Kidd bruise thigh.

Carter can't shoot.

Amare out.

Boston's age will be exposed by our thoroughbreds, and their lack of depth will be exposed by our bench.

We MUST win the 3rd game of the season on the road against a team that was in the playoffs last year? In the off chance that we don't win, should we not bother to show up for the PHO game at home on Wed?

Seriously, I am more concerned about the type of effort that we put out than the outcome because it is VERY difficult to win on the road in the NBA. If we can consistently give the type of effort that we gave the last two games, I think we are going to be just fine.

Quote:

We MUST win the 3rd game of the season on the road against a team that was in the playoffs last year? In the off chance that we don't win, should we not bother to show up for the PHO game at home on Wed?

Seriously, I am more concerned about the type of effort that we put out than the outcome because it is VERY difficult to win on the road in the NBA. If we can consistently give the type of effort that we gave the last two games, I think we are going to be just fine.

I thought the hardest game to win, in the first 5 games, was against Detroit. Kristic/Carter/Kidd are all banged up tonight. We should run like crazy and make them beg for mercy.

• Premium Member

There is no such thing as a must win this early in the season, although I do agree we have a horrible schedule right now and this should be the easiest game.

I just hope the team doesn't get down on themselves if they lose a few heartbreakers. Those back to back Chicago and Utah games last year DESTROYED us. We gave up big leads in the 4th to lose and played horrible from there on out.

Quote:

Quote:

I thought the hardest game to win, in the first 5 games, was against Detroit. Kristic/Carter/Kidd are all banged up tonight. We should run like crazy and make them beg for mercy.

I expect the Hawks to handle NJ. they have always had trouble with us even when we sucked. They don't match up well with us at all.

Quote:

Ok it's not literally a must win game as in our season is over.

But things would look a lot more bright if we win tonight.

It takes pressure off the game vs Phoenix because we won't be staring at 1-3.

I want us to get the best playoff seed that we possibly can get. Even if that means we can't have the excitement of flying under the radar.

Quote:

Exactly, playing Phoenix on the secon night of a back to back can be deadly for us...especially if we keep throwing away the ball, and dribbling off feet.

The only positive thing about that game is that it's at home and Phoenix will be coming off a back to back game as well vs Charlotte.

Oh and it may force us to run because of their style

There is no "must" game on November 6th. In fact, I believe the Hawks will take off after Jan 1st as they get more time together and the schedule softens.

I also wouldnt let a loss ruin your day. It's a marathon, not a sprint. A ton will happen in the league in the next few months. Guys will get hurt, coaches will be canned, players will develop, etc

The Celts are one injury from ordinary. The same goes for others. Don't get too worked up in Nov.

Quote:

There is no "must" game on November 6th. In fact, I believe the Hawks will take off after Jan 1st as they get more time together and the schedule softens.

I also wouldnt let a loss ruin your day. It's a marathon, not a sprint. A ton will happen in the league in the next few months. Guys will get hurt, coaches will be canned, players will develop, etc

The Celts are one injury from ordinary. The same goes for others. Don't get too worked up in Nov.

I do agree with all you say, but my confidence in this team is still very fragile until I see us play consistently good basketball.

A couple bad games in a row and I'll be freaking out (relative to basketball, not freaking out in a real life sense of course).

I know better, but I won't be able to stop myself from getting concerned or worried that we're still the same old Hawks.

Similarly I think every win right now is HUGE for this team as they get used to winning games.

Certainly not a must win. But a bad loss hurts us a whole lot more than a good win helps us right now.