• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tonight is a MUST-WIN

BHayley

Quote:

There is no "must" game on November 6th. In fact, I believe the Hawks will take off after Jan 1st as they get more time together and the schedule softens.

I also wouldnt let a loss ruin your day. It's a marathon, not a sprint. A ton will happen in the league in the next few months. Guys will get hurt, coaches will be canned, players will develop, etc

The Celts are one injury from ordinary. The same goes for others. Don't get too worked up in Nov.

Exactly.

I believe Toronto started the season last year 2 - 8 . . mainly because they were learning how to play the faster paced game. Once they settled down a bit, and learned that they needed to run in spurts, that team literally took off. But they didn't take off until after January.

It shouldn't take us that long, because we're playing great defense right now. But tonights game definitely isn't a "must win". If we have 7 wins by December 1st, I'll definitely take that. Minimum 6 wins.

this game is a must win. remember last year all of those close games we lost in november. they were one of the main reasons we weren't able to really get into the playoff race. we must win these early games. i'd rather be ahead than in the pack. we need to use this time to get as far ahead of miami and washington as we can because they are going to be the teams we need to beat in order to truly be in the playoff picture.

Quote:

I agree. The result of this game will have more of a psychological impact than standings impact.

Exactly.

That's the biggest reason why that Pistons loss hurts.

It's not like 1-1 is the worst thing in the world, it's just how we lost that game.

Hopefully this young team is mentally tough enough to recover because it may be the first, but it won't be the last game that gets away from us.

It's a part of being an inexperienced team.

Quote:

Quote:

I agree. The result of this game will have more of a psychological impact than standings impact.

Exactly.

That's the biggest reason why that Pistons loss hurts.

It's not like 1-1 is the worst thing in the world, it's just how we lost that game.

Hopefully this young team is mentally tough enough to recover because it may be the first, but it won't be the last game that gets away from us.

It's a part of being an inexperienced team.

It'll only have a psychological impact on some of the fans. The players aren't going to hold their heads down, if we fall to 1 - 2 tonight.

In an 82-game season, there's no way you can be able to play at a high level every single night. Even the great teams lose.

The goal for this team is just to survive November. If we take care of business at home, and steal a few on the road, that's survival. If we lose to Jersey tonight, but beat Boston on Friday night or the Heat two weeks from now, it's still all the same in the standings.