AABS004New-Jersey-Nets-Team-Logo-Po.jpg

@

matchups3copycd0.jpg

The Good Guys

matchups2othercopyns2-1.jpg

The Bad Guys

matchups2copydg8-1.jpg

Hawks face Nets - Preview Link

The Atlanta Hawks (1-1) visit the New Jersey Nets (2-1) tonight in a matchup in the race to see who can get off to an early lead in their respective divisions. New Jersey is coming off a road Win against the 76ers. Atlanta is coming off getting jobbed by the refs in Detroit. Atlanta overcame a horrendous shooting performance by Josh Smith along with 21 team turnovers to be in a tie against the Pistons on the final posession of the game. The Pistons were bailed out on a foul call against Marvin Williams when it was clear to everyone from Auburn Hills, MI to Zimbabwe that Marvin had all ball.

I digress......

Richard Jefferson leads the Nets in scoring at 26.0 while Joe Johnson leads the Hawks at 25.5 Jason Kidd leads the Nets in assists with 9.7 while...... statistics schmatistics. Let's move on to the important stuff!

Tonight the "Highlight Factory" hits the road to see the "Human Highlight" machine Let's break down this key matchup

HighlightFactoryLogo2351.jpg

VS

VinceDunk3.jpgvincecarter.jpgvince20rider_jpg.jpg

AAGV016-06ASGActionVince-Carter-Pos.jpg365px-VCarter.jpgcarter_dunk_france_220.jpg

Factoid of the day: Vince Carter holds the world record for posterizing an opposing player while wearing 27 Jerseys in 42 states and 17 countries including Paraguay.

In light of recent NBA storylines I think there's a major reason to be concerned if you're a Hawks fan tonight. Consider this

13209744-13209746-large.jpg + T1_0720_donaghy.jpg

Equals major reason to be concerned if you're an Atlanta fan. If JayZ manages to get Donaghy reinstated for 1 game tonight I have reason to believe the fix may be in.

In response the Atlanta Hawks have called upon an old Enforcer to ensure there will be no foul play tonight

Treeatl_175x250.jpg

If Donaghy goes anywhere near the court tonight he'll wind tied to a tree, no pun intended.

Also worthy of mentioning is Jason Kidd's new offseason training regimen. After celebrating his 47th birthday this offseason Jason Kidd decided to rededicate himself to training. In fact he's in line to replace Floyd Landis in next years Tour. We'll need to watch out for this guy tonight, he'll be all over the place.

tn_1138744715Jason_Bike_2.jpg

The Hawks will be going tonight without Speedy Claxton and Zaza Pachulia. The Nets will be missing Marcus Williams (broken foot) and they've also had some big men banged up. Speaking of Pachulia, the Nets may bring back my favorite Net tonight to help out their front line tonight. Be on the lookout for

269773.jpg

AKA international FilmStar

30a6d90cc239da70ff385e998e7a4520.jpg

The last thing I want everyone to be looking for is Jay Z courtside. Around the 7:00 mark of the 3rd Quarter with the Hawks leading 70-48 Jay Z may be getting a little bad news.

dg_gsuteke2.jpg

It seems his lady is a closet case Atlanta Hawks fan!

Now aint that a [censored]????

Atlanta Hawks 109 New Jersey Nets 92

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

hey guys!

Iam on the way to the game I got jason kidds tickets so I think they will be good ones. This will be my 1st basketball game ever I hope to take some good pictures. Lets hope we kick there butts tonight Lets go Hawks talk to you guys after the game.

We won't tell Smoove your cheatin' on him with Kidd.

Hope you have Awsome Time !

Had no idea you were a Jersey girl. You had been sounding like you were from the ATL though and through.

NJ pregame interview with their coach:

They will run their regular bigs to begin with and adjust according to what we do.

VC has had to adjust his game.

They think Atlanta is an up and comer. Athletic, 2 deep at every position, all-star in JJ and rising star in Smoove. they've compiled a bunch of lottery picks who have played together and sooner or later you get tired of losing.

we're random in our defensive approach. move and kick.

we have maybe the "most athletic team in the league" and we've got a lot of size to go with that athleticism.

Sounds like Lawrence Frank is a fan of the Mad Scientist

sillybilly.jpg

NJ announcers on the Hawks:

Look at the blue wave getting down the floor. Williams will go to the line. Shelden, no Marvin. We'll see Shelden later.

It's hard to tell these players apart, they're all about 6'8" or 6'9" and they're all about the same build.