• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We need 3 point shooters

atlien

Seriously, it's getting ridiculous. JJ can't be our only reliable outside shooter.

This is a glaring weakness I see night-in and night-out. Noone besides Joe (and sometimes Lue) can make defenses pay for collapsing in on the lane (well, sometimes Marvin can with his 18 footers).

This is something BK will be forced to get to balance this team.

So, what do we do?

A big, interesting trade could be for Okur (give up one of Marvin, Smoove or Horford to get him... which would still be hard).

Who could be more easily had?

• Premium Member

You're right, but the only place on the roster it really makes sense to get a shooter is at the PG spot. Marvin is slowly proving that his upside is genuine, the PF spot is solid, and a center with range almost never helps a team on the defensive side of the ball.

I'll say it again. The Hawks need to trade for a PG to give Law time to adjust to the NBA game.

• Premium Member

Gerald Green has, and I'm not exaggerating here, the worst shot selection in the NBA. I'd pass on him specifically, but I think it's a good idea generally to add another shooter.

Perhaps Childress+Salim -for- Jarrett Jack+James Jones?

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'll keep preaching for Calderon in Toronto. The dude is legit and has a better outside shot than Jack (who Ive also seen mentioned). He also can play up tempo effectively. Chill would have to go to get him though.

The problem is getting them Childress AND a backup PG. The best deal I could come up with is:

Childress+AJ+Salim -for- Calderon/Graham/Dixon

Don't think they'd do that, though.

Quote:

Quote:

I'll keep preaching for Calderon in Toronto. The dude is legit and has a better outside shot than Jack (who Ive also seen mentioned). He also can play up tempo effectively. Chill would have to go to get him though.

The problem is getting them Childress AND a backup PG. The best deal I could come up with is:

Childress+AJ+Salim -for- Calderon/Graham/Dixon

Don't think they'd do that, though.

Agreed. They have a really good thing going in Toronto, and I think they'd be hesitant to tinker with it unless is was sure to help them. Colangelo doesnt make bad trades either.

But yeah, there isn't a better backup right now than Calderon (maybe Conley, but we dont know yet).

haha, I ran the idea past the Raptors realgm board. Those guys are sensitive.

The only deal that seemed reasonable from both sides was Chill/Shelly for Calderon/Garbajosa (which I would do).

But, they wouldnt get a backup pg, so Colangelo wouldnt.

Other than that, they wanted Smoove or Marvin straight-up for Calderon. Wow. tongue.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Smith hit some clutch 3's late in the game last night.

Law and Lue can both hit 3 point shots.

Im not denying that, but none are reliable (Lue comes the closest).

Law shot 50% from the college 3 last year and has hit a good percentage of NBA 3's so far. Don't sale Law short on his shooting.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The only deal that seemed reasonable from both sides was Chill/Shelly for Calderon/Garbajosa (which I would do).

Yeah, I would've warned you about them. They're asinine.

I was actually thinking of Chill/Shelden/AJ -for Calderon/Garb/Graham in the shower today (Sad, huh?).

That's a trade I think both teams would do. Garbajosa can stretch the defense.

He could easily be our version of Daniel Gibson, if given adequate minutes . . and . . if JJ would play the point for about 10 minutes a night. The so-called "up tempo / faster play" style is suited perfectly for him.

I hope he is truly hurt, and not just buried on Woody's bench. It's a shame that he can't get any love from his coach, nor from the fan base.

Quote:

He could easily be our version of Daniel Gibson, if given adequate minutes . . and . . if JJ would play the point for about 10 minutes a night. The so-called "up tempo / faster play" style is suited perfectly for him.

I hope he is truly hurt, and not just buried on Woody's bench. It's a shame that he can't get any love from his coach, nor from the fan base.

given how thin we are he has to be hurt. Hamstrings are a b*tch.

• Premium Member

I actually think we need more consistent post scoring... That will open the way for the three point scorers that we have.

My hope is that Horford will raise his game and Shelden will raise his game... and maybe the team can feed off of these guys before they start gunning.

Quote:

I actually think we need more consistent post scoring... That will open the way for the three point scorers that we have.

My hope is that Horford will raise his game and Shelden will raise his game... and maybe the team can feed off of these guys before they start gunning.

I don't see any legit post game from Horford or Shelden in the near future. Horfy might be able to use his speed and reinvent himself in the post someday. If Shelden gives me that Ewing style 2 points once every game, I'll be satisfied.