• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Horford or Zaza

aznsensation

Depends on if when Zaza's back he's 100% amd ready to roll, or if he needs to be eased into action.

If he's ready to roll, I wouldn't mind seeing him get the starting nod but letting Horford get the majority of pt.

Zaza's a young player too. If he worked hard over the offseason he may come back with some additions to his game. I'd like to see what he can bring in this new season before selling him short.

I love Horford so far though.

I think Zaza should come off the bench after tonight. If Al is going to continue rebounding like he is, Zaza would make a great offensive and rebounding weapon off the bench. Imagine what he could have done off the bench tonight with that nougat middle the Suns had. He and Chillz together coming in would be great for us.

Go Al, go!

Quote:

Definitely Horford. He has room to improve in several areas but he is the truth. He is averaging 10.75 rpg as a rookie. That is impressive.

15 rebounds in 28min, not bad for a rookie. Also i like how Marvin crushed the boards tonight since he only had 1 last game.

Quote:

I don't think I've ever seen a HS poll at 16 to 0. When have HSers every agreed on anything?

I couldn't let it stay that way.

Not an indictment of Horford that I chose Zaza, I just don't put much weight into who starts and wouldn't mind giving more fuel for Horford's fire - letting him fight the vet for his starting role.

If he keeps it though, I won't claim that he hasn't earned it.

You can't sit Horford with the way he is playing.

The dude is making the stupid TOs and fouls that plague almost all rookie big men. But otherwise, he has been everything and more than we could have expected.

What's this kid gonna be like in 2 years?

But, at the same time, Zaza and Shelly need to play minutes too (Zaza in the 20s). We don't want Horford hitting that rookie wall hard.

Quote:

I couldn't let it stay that way.

Not an indictment of Horford that I chose Zaza, I just don't put much weight into who starts and wouldn't mind giving more fuel for Horford's fire - letting him fight the vet for his starting role.

If he keeps it though, I won't claim that he hasn't earned it.

lolz...regardless who starts I think the return of Zaza will give us a major boost. Woodson will have lots of lineup options at his disposal. Woodson could go big with Zaza, Horford at the 4, Smoove at the 3, Marvin or JJ at the 2 and pg.

I voted Horford not only because he's a better rebounder and passer but because Big Z will have a field day against 2nd teamers. Z will add offense off the bench in a big way and his poor defense will not be as bad against opposing second teams.

If Woody would pull his head out and start using Salim...man, that bench is DEEP and GREAT.

Shelden didn't play much tonight because of matchups but he will be big off the bench as well. Plus, you have a great energy/hustle guy in Super Mario.

Quote:

I voted Horford not only because he's a better rebounder and passer but because Big Z will have a field day against 2nd teamers. Z will add offense off the bench in a big way and his poor defense will not be as bad against opposing second teams.

If Woody would pull his head out and start using Salim...man, that bench is DEEP and GREAT.

Shelden didn't play much tonight because of matchups but he will be big off the bench as well. Plus, you have a great energy/hustle guy in Super Mario.

How could we forget Mario.

• Premium Member

We need to give him more looks in the post... he got a couple at the beginning of the game and scored in one opportunity and drew a foul in another. I don't know why we don't post him up more, especially instead of running some of these possessions where we just hold the ball in the perimeter and kick it out to Josh for a jumper