• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

ALL SALIM HATERS SHUT THE **** UP!

Johnnybravo4

I don't want to take away from the excellent game Salim played,

but...

this is the one team that Salim matches up the best against in the entire NBA. Salim struggles against good defensive teams that will lock down on him and especially in half-court sets where it's hard for him to get a wide open shot. Phoenix is not a good defensive team and they love to run, so it's going to lead to open shots for Salim if he's in. Salim is a very productive NBA player if he's in a situation where he can get open shots. He's a bad NBA player if he's in a situation where it's hard for him to get open shots or he has to create his own shot. I don't think it's a coincidence that Woody played him tonight and not against a team like Detroit, against whom he would've likely had an awful game.

Quote:

He came into the game under control. He was money from the floor, he played good defense...

Woody, this is what happens when you actually play to your team's talent! Now don't let him get 10 DNP's the next 2 weeks.

You have to admit that the Salim we saw tonight was a different fella from the Salim we've seen most of his young career.

I loved his game tonight. Even if some of his makes hadn't dropped I thought he took the shot that came to him in the flow of the offense. He didn't force it, he played team ball.

THAT guy can have a huge impact on this team. When he does it the right way he's one of my favorite players.

I am neither a lover or hater of Salim. Yes he played a very solid game. Yes it was only one game. He deserves some minutes Friday to see if he can build on it. THE ONE PROBLEM WITH SALIM EVEN IF HE HAS GROWN AS A PLAYER IS he is unrestriced after this season and if we keep Chills and Smoove then keeping Salim is almost impossible. He will get a nice contract because he is young and has talent in a league where pure shooters are rare.

It's pretty clear Lue doesn't need to be playing extensive minutes anymore. Salim HAS to get more playing time because we NEED another shooter out there on the floor. I'm so sick of Lue pounding the friggin ball every possession. Salim might be the best shooter on the team and he needs minutes. Get a clue Woodson!! BTW, I was at the game and Marvin was absolute MONEY late in the fourth when we needed hitting jumper after jumper.

I was at the game, and Salim played great. I think he is lower in the rotation because we are so deep now. I expected he'd get minutes tonight on the back end of back-to-back games. That's the best opportunity for players like him and West, though good performances there might force playing time in other situations.

I don't think he's shown the ability to run the point yet, though tonight was a first step. He has earned the opportunity to prove himself again in the next game, when he'll need to play under control again.

He could eventually earn Lue's minutes at the point and essentially play the Lue role of serviceable handles and instant offense, but not yet. For now, we need veteran stability and experience at the point behind Law, and I'd like to see tonight's result consistently from Salim before trusting him to provide that.

Honestly, I'd love to see Claxton get healthy enough to be the back up point for 20 - 25 minutes a game. Adding him and ZaZa to the rotation would be huge, though it'd take away minutes from Lue, Salim and Shelden. Somewhat regrettable, but the wins would be worth it.

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more Salim and a bit less Lue. I wonder if we could play Chill at PG on offense off the bench along with Salim at SG and see how that goes, then switch them up on D to guard their natural positions. I'm tired of Lue's dribbling and dribbling, plus I liked the way we moved the ball around when Chill played PG last season - and Salim gives us just as much shooting and better athleticism than Lue.