Memo From Boston...

Diesel

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Boston is so much better than I thought they would be. When we got the halftime score and it was 77-38 Boston over Denver.. there was cause for concern. However, I will go out on a limb here.... we will be competitive and may even win against the Cs.

JJ vs. Allen.

Pierce vs. Marvin

KG vs. Smoove..

All look like interesting matchups.

However, we have more depth!

Let's get ready for a good one!!

Quote:

Quote:

I church league basketball team has more depth than the Celtics, but of course, having 3 future hall of famers on your team helps mask that.

3? Ray Allen is not going to the HOF. Pierce would be borderline at this point.

I am not that worried. Granted they are a good team but the big 3 are perimeter players, even KG. Denver can't defend the perimeter at all. Those guys won't get the easy looks against us that they had against Denver.

It may be too early to be looking at team stats but right now the Hawks opponents are averaging only 92 pts per game shooting 43.4%. When you consider who we played....

• Premium Member

Well, who is to say that our young guns are garbage??

I like the matchups we have against their 2 Future hall of famers and Pierce. Don't confuse youth with inability. If nothing else, our recent play should confirm that we're no slouches.

• Premium Member

I think we're a much better home team than anybody could have guessed.

I'm still disappointed by the way we lost to the Nets. I think it was some mismanagement... and I like the strong showing against the Piston but in the Woody era, we've always played the Pistons Strong.

I think this Boston game and the Washington game will be really important indicators of how good we really are.

I'm tired of the Asterisk by our wins:

Beat Dallas * Josh Howard not playing.

Beat Phoenix* Amare Stoudamire not playing.

Let's whip somebody's ass!

Boston shot 65% from the field last night. Granted, Denver is an open door on defense. But, everytime I've seen a team shoot that high a percentage one game, the next game they seem to crash back down. It happens almost every time.

The key is how well we execute on offense against Boston's much improved defense. I watched them play Toronto on Sunday and they D'd it up all game making it hard for the Raps to run their offense. TJ Ford was the only guy making it happen with his penetration. I had a hard time believing Boston's defense was that solid.

The Hawks need to RUN. If they let Boston get us in a half court game, we lose.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Denver is an open door on defense.

More of the green teabag's misinformation...

First Denver has the reigning DPOY.

They have Iverson who is a constant Defensive first teamer.

ON top of that, Statistically, they are ranked #8 in Defensive FG% (43.2%)..... We're ranked 16th (44.4%)....

Where's this OPEN DOOR???

Is there some kind of worm hole you're examining? Or maybe it's just the black hole of your misinformation!

Quote:

I think we're a much better home team than anybody could have guessed.

I'm still disappointed by the way we lost to the Nets. I think it was some mismanagement... and I like the strong showing against the Piston but in the Woody era, we've always played the Pistons Strong.

I think this Boston game and the Washington game will be really important indicators of how good we really are.

I'm tired of the Asterisk by our wins:

Beat Dallas * Josh Howard not playing.

Beat Phoenix* Amare Stoudamire not playing.

Let's whip somebody's ass!

We're doing it without our starting (well, was starting) center and best defensive guard. In pro sports there are no asterisks. I am sure nobody complained that we were without JJ last year.

Bulls vs Suns in the Finals = asterisk because the Suns played without Cedric Ceballos.

Quote:

They have Iverson who is a constant Defensive first teamer.

Iverson has never been an All-NBA Defensive first or second teamer. his D sucks.

http://www.nba.com/history/awards_defensiveteams.html

He just gambles for steals and leaves the guys behind him having to cover for him. he doesn't pressure the ball at all.

No Philly fan will claim Iverson is a good defender.

Only 4 teams gave up more points per game last season than Denver. Iverson is a gambler who makes steals but is a terrible straight up defender. It drove Cheeks crazy.

Look, nobody wants to keep reading this crap. Move along. Your act is old, tiring, boring.

If you want to think Denvers good on defense then knock yourself out but stop being such a chucklehead.

[/quote/ ]

3? Ray Allen is not going to the HOF. Pierce would be borderline at this point.

Dude, Allen is a shoe in for the Hall of Fame. He is close to being the leagues All Time Leader in 3pts made and will break 20,000 points next season. He still has a shot at 25,000 points. The way he scores the basketball while still playing the games the "right way" should make him a shoe in.

I agree that losing is more likely than winning. However, Boston is due for one of those bad games that just happen. The odds of them shooting that well again are about 1%. Boston had their best shooting percentage game since 1993...

Usually that evens out quick. But, the Hawks have to run because Boston's half court defense is good.

Quote:

Quote:

I church league basketball team has more depth than the Celtics, but of course, having 3 future hall of famers on your team helps mask that.

too bad for them we have FIVE future hall of famers on our team

too bad for us four of them aren't quite up to even all-star level yet (well smoove and his back-to-back almost 5x5s is when he is playing well)