Memo From Boston...

Diesel

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Boston is so much better than I thought they would be. When we got the halftime score and it was 77-38 Boston over Denver.. there was cause for concern. However, I will go out on a limb here.... we will be competitive and may even win against the Cs.

JJ vs. Allen.

Pierce vs. Marvin

KG vs. Smoove..

All look like interesting matchups.

However, we have more depth!

Let's get ready for a good one!!

If the Hawks beat the Celtics I'll bow down.

Quote:

Quote:

Boston is so much better than I thought they would be. When we got the halftime score and it was 77-38 Boston over Denver.. there was cause for concern. However, I will go out on a limb here.... we will be competitive and may even win against the Cs.

JJ vs. Allen.

Pierce vs. Marvin

KG vs. Smoove..

The Hawks have one big thing going in their favor. Their main weakness defensively is at the point. But they aren't facing Kidd, Billups or Nash. they will be facing Rondo who is unlikely to shoot much.

Bostons strength offensively plays into our strength defensively.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

JJ vs. Allen.

Pierce vs. Marvin

KG vs. Smoove..

The Hawks have one big thing going in their favor. Their main weakness defensively is at the point. But they aren't facing Kidd, Billups or Nash. they will be facing Rondo who is unlikely to shoot much.

Bostons strength offensively plays into our strength defensively.

I expect them to throw the ball down to KG and control the tempo of the game and turn it into a halfcourt game. Which clearly doesn't favor the Hawks.

Honestly, about any PG is going to be effective against the Hawks. Look at Darrell Armstrong and that 3rd string PG for the Mavericks the other night.

The PG spot is killing the Hawks everynight in some way or another. Either they're not defending or passing or scoring or all three. Last night the PG's gave up a huge game to Nash.

Quote:

Its rough but if we do get a win against boston think of the confidence boost that would be for this team. They would be on top of the world after beating dallas and phoenix. Plus after that the schedule starts looking a little better!

Be careful saying that. The NJ team was the weakest the Hawks have played and that's the game they looked the worst.

Quote:

Quote:

Its rough but if we do get a win against boston think of the confidence boost that would be for this team. They would be on top of the world after beating dallas and phoenix. Plus after that the schedule starts looking a little better!

Be careful saying that. The NJ team was the weakest the Hawks have played and that's the game they looked the worst.

That's true to form for the Hawks. They frequently play up to or down to the level of their competition. That is what makes me think they will bring it against Boston.

The year they won 13 games they blew out the defending champ Pistons on the road.

Last year they got blown out at home by NOK without Paul, Peja, West and Bobby Jackson.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I expect them to throw the ball down to KG and control the tempo of the game and turn it into a halfcourt game. Which clearly doesn't favor the Hawks.

I'm really not worried about that situation because Josh Smith has typically defended KG very well in his career. KG did go off the last time they met, though.

Quote:

I am not that worried. Granted they are a good team but the big 3 are perimeter players, even KG. Denver can't defend the perimeter at all. Those guys won't get the easy looks against us that they had against Denver.

It may be too early to be looking at team stats but right now the Hawks opponents are averaging only 92 pts per game shooting 43.4%. When you consider who we played....

KG is damn good player in the post and out of it, where have you been when KG been playing, he's finesse but he's great post player.

Quote:

Quote:

Matchups buddy, matchups, that's what the NBA about.

Quote:

Quote:

I am not that worried. Granted they are a good team but the big 3 are perimeter players, even KG. Denver can't defend the perimeter at all. Those guys won't get the easy looks against us that they had against Denver.

It may be too early to be looking at team stats but right now the Hawks opponents are averaging only 92 pts per game shooting 43.4%. When you consider who we played....

KG is damn good player in the post and out of it, where have you been when KG been playing, he's finesse but he's great post player.

He isn't able to back anyone down though. He mostly settles for jumpers. Smith outscored him last season head to head.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He isn't able to back anyone down though. He mostly settles for jumpers. Smith outscored him last season head to head.

Being a great post player doesn't mean you back people down, it's all forget it, I gotta go to my bible session anyway. peace.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Only 4 teams gave up more points per game last season than Denver.

Teabag = Misuse of Stats (again).

Last year, the Nuggets were tied for 15th in Defensive FG% which is a more accurate of how well they defend. The Hawks were 23rd.

Your measure is a misleading measure because you say nothing about Pace. The Nuggets were 3rd in the league in scoring and 9th in the league in Team Scoring differential (1.7). That means that their games were normally UPTEMPO. However, the Defensive FG% tells a lot more about how they play defense.

• Premium Member

Quote:

That was Smith going crazy and hitting 3pter after 3pter.

We don't want that mindset going into the game!!

Quote:

Quote:

That was Smith going crazy and hitting 3pter after 3pter.

We don't want that mindset going into the game!!

KG only scored his average against us and when you consider how weak our team D was last year i think that speaks well to Smith's d on him. Plus i would expect Horford and Marvin to spend some time on him as well.

• Premium Member

Quote:

KG only scored his average against us

39.5 mpg, 22.5 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 4.5 apg, 3.5 bpg, 1.5 spg, 1.5 topg, 52.63% shooting from the field.

At Atlanta: 32.0 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 blocks, Shot 60.8% from the field.

If this is average for him, I would hate to see what he does when he's on fire!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

39.5 mpg, 22.5 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 4.5 apg, 3.5 bpg, 1.5 spg, 1.5 topg, 52.63% shooting from the field.

At Atlanta: 32.0 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 blocks, Shot 60.8% from the field.

Uh, no. You conveniently left out the first game we played Minny, in which KG had 13 points, 13 rebounds, 4 assists and was 6-15 from the field. I remember watching that game and Smith disrupted him pretty well.

Smith had 21 points, 5 boards, and 3 blocks shooting 50% FG in that game.

Quote:

Quote:

39.5 mpg, 22.5 ppg,

Last year he averaged 22.4 ppg on the season so i guess he scored .01 ppg over his average. I stand corrected.