• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Joe's Take...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

That's how it's supposed to be," Johnson said after a dismal 3-for-17 shooting night, though he did finish with 15 points, 10 assists and four rebounds. "I'm not going to be able to score 25 or 30 points. I'm human just like everybody else. So for them to step up big the way they did tonight, against a tough playoff team like Phoenix, that takes a lot of courage and shows a lot of growth."

Quote:

Quote:

That's how it's supposed to be," Johnson said after a dismal 3-for-17 shooting night, though he did finish with 15 points, 10 assists and four rebounds. "I'm not going to be able to score 25 or 30 points. I'm human just like everybody else. So for them to step up big the way they did tonight, against a tough playoff team like Phoenix, that takes a lot of courage and shows a lot of growth."

Why and how have Joe become such a Whiner? Poppycock !!! This just sets himself up for excuses. Not good. Not Good.

tinfoil.gif

Quote:

Huh?

I think what Joe says is that he expects to be able to put up 25-30, but when he can't, it's good to have guys who can step up and produce!

Of course guys should produce but what is this admission of self failures?

I believe it was Shaq (maybe Barkley) who said, "I never have a bad game because I always play as hard as I can". I say to say, No matter the results Play Hard. No need to whine about the results. Play Ball and stop the crying before it gets to be a habit. Leaders dont whine and cry. If you cannot lead, at least Shut Up about it.

Quote:

Quote:

Huh?

I think what Joe says is that he expects to be able to put up 25-30, but when he can't, it's good to have guys who can step up and produce!

Of course guys should produce but what is this admission of self failures?

I believe it was Shaq (maybe Barkley) who said, "I never have a bad game because I always play as hard as I can". I say to say, No matter the results Play Hard. No need to whine about the results. Play Ball and stop the crying before it gets to be a habit. Leaders dont whine and cry. If you cannot lead, at least Shut Up about it.

He AVERAGED 25 ppg last year. However he has off nights just like everyone else including Kobe, Wade etc.

What he is saying it that it is nice for everyone else to step up and get a win against a tough team when he is having a bad night.

And he did have 10 assists.

Whining? pillepalle.gif

I think JJ is saying, we have a team now!

Our opponents are going to learn, you can't stop JJ and

be assured you've stopped Atlanta.

JJ admits he can't always be counted on for 25-30 points

every game. Defenses, double - triple teams will see

to that. In the past, the main objective was, stop JJ.

Guess what. This last opponent succeded. They stopped

him. No 25-30 points. He racked up assists instead

of points. The Hawks won. Can't find an argument

for the results, can you? Assists means we were scoring

anyway - still coming from JJ.

Team basketball at it's best.

thumb3d.gif

Quote:

So for them to step up big the way they did tonight,

Who is "them"? I thought when you were on the same team, it was, we? That kind of language bothers me a little. Joe has a helluva lot of growing to do himself. He faded on every j last night and threw up a shaq like brick from the block, He tried to post, but god was it ugly. He missed the rim from 1 ft away! His defense is questionable at times as well. I don't think Joe ever really wanted to be "the man", he wanted to be thought of as "the man". Far less work. He better not average 20/4/4. Those are not 70 million numbers.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I don't think Joe ever really wanted to be "the man", he wanted to be thought of as "the man".

It's funny you say that considering JJ has been one of the most clutch players in the league this year.

Ya'll overracting again, remember what I said last year at this time and ya'll was like watch the playoff bound Hawks. smh, they were playoff bound alright. I'm not saying they aren't playoff bound this season but chillout after a win, there's 77 more games left. Some of you are too hype over this.

Quote:

he just didn't have his army of PR people there to help him calculate every word. When will these silly athletes learn..

I know, man. Still, I'm into psychology and you can take away things from what people say. Sounds like Joe feels the pressure of being "the Man" and not succeeding. Saying he can't do it all, and he's happy the rest of the guys are growing. It's almost like he thinks he is as good as he will be and the rest of the organization has to step it up. I would have rather heard him apologizing for his horrible shooting and thanking his teammates for bailing him out. He needs to grow himself. He's what 25?, and has a number of shortcomings. Especially for someone making 70 million dollars! Many of his misses last night were not even contended. He just faded. That's on him. No one else. They all need to improve, Joe included.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'm into psychology and you can take away things from what people say. Sounds like Joe feels the pressure of being "the Man" and not succeeding. Saying he can't do it all, and he's happy the rest of the guys are growing. It's almost like he thinks he is as good as he will be and the rest of the organization has to step it up.

You're reading into it WAY too much. I've taken psychology courses as well and you don't derive things from typed words on a piece of paper. You have to see how they say it in context, their tone of voice, their body movements, facial expressions, etc. From reading that quote, you can't derive anything from it.

He could've said those words in a very positive manner like "Some nights I will be off, everyone has off nights, I'm glad they stepped up for us".