• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Does it seem like we have a strategy

Admin

to get the secondary scoring options going early in the game or has that just been a coincidence so far? To me it seems like the team is actively trying to get Marvin (especially) and Acie and Smoove the ball in the beginning of the game to score and then working in JJ once they get it going. I think that's a very smart plan since JJ can turn on his scoring ability at any time and the young guys need all the confidence that they can get.

• Premium Member

I noticed that too. It's like JJ takes time off until the 4th qtr when he puts on the cape and the suit and becomes Big Pimpin! I think it's almost Jordanesque in that it allows our other players to get into the grove of their game...

I would rather see us work it in to Horf/Smoove/Shelden in the low post and then work from outside, slash after that... I'm just really liking the Utah Style of play...It's old school like Smashmouth football!

Quote:

I noticed that too. It's like JJ takes time off until the 4th qtr when he puts on the cape and the suit and becomes Big Pimpin! I think it's almost Jordanesque in that it allows our other players to get into the grove of their game...

I would rather see us work it in to Horf/Smoove/Shelden in the low post and then work from outside, slash after that... I'm just really liking the Utah Style of play...It's old school like Smashmouth football!

Working Smooth, Horford and Shelden looks like a halfcourt type of strategy. I think it all depend on what team we play. We may need to up the tempo for Boston and Shelden don't run that well.

• Premium Member

After watching us run... I have found out that we're not really a running team. Not until we get right at PG. In the Piston game, we tried to run them. They are certainly older than us and should have grown tired... BUT.. those old men ran us... It was the opposite of what should have happened.

That's not to say running don't work, check out GS and LAC... However, I think that we need more of a plan for the halfcourt game. Running is usually dictated by the team that has the better PG.. a good PG can control the tempo.

• Premium Member

I agree with that. For all the talk about Horford on the glass, he really does have some nice moves down low and some power to his game. I wish we would feed him a little more. Nothing would open up the game better than to have a legit low post threat drawing doubles.

Quote:

I agree with that. For all the talk about Horford on the glass, he really does have some nice moves down low and some power to his game. I wish we would feed him a little more. Nothing would open up the game better than to have a legit low post threat drawing doubles.

I hope he figures out how not to travel. He really does travel a TON. I'm sure he'll figure out what he's doing wrong, I just wonder how long it will take.