• Raised $440 of $700 target

Game 5 thread: Atlanta @ Boston

gsuteke

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

pierce is a little punk...

i respect KG and Ray Allen, but Pierce is a little flopping whiner!

KG is every bit the player that Tim Duncan is...and then some.

uhh...IDK about all of that!

I sincerely believe that. The guy makes every aspect of the game look soooo easy.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KG plays the game with passion and respect...so I've no problem with that...

PP, on the other hand...

what retarded flops...

and the refs were even more retarded in calling those Boston's way...

now I'm not saying thats why we lost, but some of these turnovers and calls the refs made were momentum changers...

I know calls went both ways...but still I think it affected our teams mentality a lot more than the Celtics team...

we were keeping up until the middle of the 2nd quarter when they went on that run...we just don't have enough offensive firepower...or even a plan...(on offense)...

Josh Smith shoots a lot better off of passes in rhythm...

other shots he should not be taking...

Quote:

Quote:

At least Horford seems to be outplaying Perkins, but the Hawks are getting killed on the boards.

The problem is that he isn't guarding Perkins he is guarding KG. And KG had 21/18 after 3 quarters.

You expect Horford to be able to defend Garnett effectively? He's a good 3-4 inches taller than Al, and an all-time great at his position. Horford had a good game, all things considered. Garnett is just too good.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

At least Horford seems to be outplaying Perkins, but the Hawks are getting killed on the boards.

The problem is that he isn't guarding Perkins he is guarding KG. And KG had 21/18 after 3 quarters.

You expect Horford to be able to defend Garnett effectively? He's a good 3-4 inches taller than Al

So Garnett is 7'2"?

Quote:

I don't know why you guys are surprised, I'm not, this isn't a good team, their a average team but that's a HUGE improvement from last season, everyone has improved some more then others and we look pretty good this season. KG looking great as well. Can't wait to see Boston vs. a Elite or very good team. For the frist time in years we don't suck more of the time when I watch us play, huge improvement.

If we were an average team we would be 0-5 with the schedule we had.

Boston already played a very good team in the Nuggets and they blew them out the water.

They are playing on another level right now

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know why you guys are surprised, I'm not, this isn't a good team, their a average team but that's a HUGE improvement from last season, everyone has improved some more then others and we look pretty good this season. KG looking great as well. Can't wait to see Boston vs. a Elite or very good team. For the frist time in years we don't suck more of the time when I watch us play, huge improvement.

Boston already played a very good team in the Nuggets and they blew them out the water.

What about NJ? The Hawks are a 37 win team this year. That's an improvement from last year, but they got trades to make before they will become a playoff team.

Quote:

Quote:

What about NJ? The Hawks are a 37 win team this year. That's an improvement from last year, but they got trades to make before they will become a playoff team.

A 37 win team isn't as competitive as we were in the first four games

I guess Denver is a 37 win team too since they got blown out by the Celtics

What was the Hawks record in the first 5 games of last year again? Denver has a proven track record of winning the last few years. The Hawks don't. We shall see if they're near .500 by mid December

Quote:

Quote:

No they are not. They are playing exactly like you would expect a team with three HOF players to.

We are not even average. You have to make the playoffs and have a competent coach to even think you are average. We've beaten two teams missing All-Stars, bus. We crumbled because they are better and Woody is clueless. Too big a gap. We'll win some games, just like last year, but we'll lose a lot that we should have won.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You expect Horford to be able to defend Garnett effectively? He's a good 3-4 inches taller than Al

So Garnett is 7'2"?

He's at least 7'1. He was MUCH taller than Al.

Quote:

No they are not. They are playing exactly like you would expect a team with three HOF players to.

We are not even average. You have to make the playoffs and have a competent coach to even think you are average. We've beaten two teams missing All-Stars, bus. We crumbled because they are better and Woody is clueless. Too big a gap. We'll win some games, just like last year, but we'll lose a lot that we should have won.

If we were not even average we would be 0-5.

If Phoenix and Dallas sucked without those two players they were supposedly missing why haven't they lost so many more games in addition to the Hawks?

Why are the Pistons undefeated?

The truth is those teams are more than decent and they didn't exactly lay down for us either in those games.

The fact of the matter is we are a dang good team right now.

You are just being overly pessimistic probably because you have seen the history of this team. But this is not the same old Hawks.

This is the most talented starting 5s in the NBA.

This chicken little talk will hopefully stop if we stay focused at home our next three games.

The Celtics blew the Nuggets out the water and that's no below average Nugget team.

The Celtics could beat any team in the league right now by double digits. They are especially hungry at the beginning of the season