• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Diesel's take (Boston Game)

Diesel

• Premium Member

The big mistake was sending Lue into the game. His defense is bad and the offense was not functioning. We went from tied to allowing an 11-2 run (probably bigger).

That was the beginning of the Meltdown.

The other thing is that Pierce was allowed to drive and clear out with that elbow. It was dirty everytime.

However, the silent Killer was eddie House wide open. I mean we'd start a rally and Boom, Eddie House for 3.

I know I will get ragged for this but I will say it anyway... JJ??

JJ strips the ball, it's him, Smoove, and somebody else going down on one defender. Smoove is waiting for the alley opp. JJ tries to take it in.. I think the defender was Perkin or KG... JJ and Smoove needs to get on the same page.

IN this game, we just made too many mistakes. The first was letting No count Lue get in the game.

I was listening to the Boston Broadcast.. and did they just say that "no one could guard Salim"??

Lue was the problem in the Nets game too I was the game screaming take him out. This guy takes too many shots and slows down the game big time. As soon as Lue comes in the Hawks stop running and stop playing defense because he can do neither. All lue can do is hit a jumper once in a while he doesnt belong on the court if you ask me. The Hawks have to run not slow it down. Also why isnt Mike Woodson putting Josh Smith in the post for offensive rebounds or defensive rebounds im getting sick of this guy standing at the 3 point line the whole game he is not reggie miller. Why is it that our starting PF has to be at the 3 point line the whole game on defense and offense its mind boggling to me. Im beginning to wonder what is the problem... With his athelism and leaping ability he should be in that paint and not move from there he would get us alot of rebounds and putbacks in there and that would probably get him going by giving him confidence and raise that FG %. Also subbing out Marvin Williams when he was hot in the 1st quarter explain that to me he did the same thing in the Nets game. Joe Johnson also doesnt look like the Joe Johnson of old he is missing alot of shots he usually makes. We have huge problem at point guard they all suck balls none of them are capable of running the fast break when was the last time you saw a hawks PG running the break. If speedy was healthy there would be no question he is the starter a healthy speedy is light years ahead of shoot 1st lue and rookie turnover prone Acie Law. Until we get that Point guard situation fixed things are gonna get ugly. We have no floor leader out there just little midgets acting like there point guards. I wanna add Childress is good some nights and bad others we need consistency. I was watching some clips of Smoove from years past and asked myself why this guy not throwing down any massive dunks in the lane or alley oops at all?? To me something doesnt seem right maybe its him maybe its Woodson but I just dont see the same killer instinct on the offensive end from this guy he showed more fire on offense in his rookie then he is showing now. I also want to add Woodson is a god awful coach why the hell is a rookie guarding the best PF in the NBA? Garnett and Pierce destroyed us along with House that was the differnce in the game. We need to come to play sunday or we will see more of the same things have too change asap.

Quote:

The big mistake was sending Lue into the game. His defense is bad and the offense was not functioning. We went from tied to allowing an 11-2 run (probably bigger).

That was the beginning of the Meltdown.

The other thing is that Pierce was allowed to drive and clear out with that elbow. It was dirty everytime.

However, the silent Killer was eddie House wide open. I mean we'd start a rally and Boom, Eddie House for 3.

I know I will get ragged for this but I will say it anyway... JJ??

JJ strips the ball, it's him, Smoove, and somebody else going down on one defender. Smoove is waiting for the alley opp. JJ tries to take it in.. I think the defender was Perkin or KG... JJ and Smoove needs to get on the same page.

IN this game, we just made too many mistakes. The first was letting No count Lue get in the game.

I was listening to the Boston Broadcast.. and did they just say that "no one could guard Salim"??

I wasn't able to see all the game, but it played out more or less I like thought it would. Once again, the Hawks submit to the other teams pace. It turned out that Eddie House was the bench scrub that the Hawks gave up a big game to. You know on a nightly basis some bench guy is going to have a field day against the Hawks.

JJ not giving full effort like he is doing is going to carry over to the rest of the team before long. Dead legs? It's 5 games into the season!

Lue is really getting annoying. The Hawks need a PG in the worst way.

• Moderators

Quote:

When Josh Smith runs on the wing on a break, he should be among the most devastating finishers in all of basketball. We definitely need to feed him in those situations both because he should be very effective and because we want to encourage him to run and to run without the ball.

Quote:

what i thought was silly was the boston announcers basically saying that lue was a good defender...

He's like a college kid...lots of movement, no real results. He LOOKS like he is a good defender because he sways his arms around and makes lots of motions, but when a guy wants to, he can go right by.

• Premium Member

Those guys were blowing a lot of Smoke up Lue's and Salim's butt. I was like... Who are they talking about??

At first they were complimentary, but as the game went on and Boston got a lead, they started talking cocky. It was almost as bad as Big Red in Chicago.

Quote:

... Also why isnt Mike Woodson putting Josh Smith in the post for offensive rebounds or defensive rebounds im getting sick of this guy standing at the 3 point line the whole game he is not reggie miller. Why is it that our starting PF has to be at the 3 point line the whole game on defense and offense its mind boggling to me. Im beginning to wonder what is the problem... With his athelism and leaping ability he should be in that paint and not move from there he would get us alot of rebounds and putbacks in there and that would probably get him going by giving him confidence and raise that FG...

We have huge problem at point guard they all suck balls none of them are capable of running the fast break when was the last time you saw a hawks PG running the break...

Until we get that Point guard situation fixed things are gonna get ugly. We have no floor leader out there just little midgets acting like there point guards...

To me something doesnt seem right maybe its him maybe its Woodson but I just dont see the same killer instinct on the offensive end from this guy he showed more fire on offense in his rookie then he is showing now.

OK here's the deal... Smoove is a M.F. Idiot. He is also arrogant and selfish.

We'll start with your issue, "when is the last time our pg ran the break...". You do realize Smoove is our leading rebounder? I CHALLENGE ALL OF YOU! LOOK TO SEE HOW MANY TIMES SMOOVE GIVES THE BALL TO ACIE AFTER A REBOUND!!!!

This arrogant a$$ will not do it. I saw Acie call Smoove over to set a pick last night and this fool woud not do it. He just stood there and demanded the ball. To make matters worse he was out beyond the key (again). This jacka$$ is taking the pg out of the game. He is keeping Law from getting any rythm. He wants to run th break to show his skills. Team be damned!

Why won't Woody put him on the block? Because Smoove doesn't want to play on the block! I told yall what happened in the Suns game. Law got on to Smoove about a bad shot and Woody yanked Law! If Woody won't let somebodyelse straightn Smoove, he sure as heck won't do it.

I am really getting disgusted with Smoove and Joes lip.

Quote:

Quote:

I saw Acie call Smoove over to set a pick last night and this fool woud not do it. He just stood there and demanded the ball.

I saw that too crazy.gif

I been seeing that the last 2 years. If he was wide open in the post or had a smaller guy on him that would be fine, but he is standing far away from the basket with a defender on him. It really sucks that kid who is so much talented and now in his 4th season does those dumb things.

Quote:

...JJ strips the ball, it's him, Smoove, and somebody else going down on one defender. Smoove is waiting for the alley opp. JJ tries to take it in.. I think the defender was Perkin or KG... JJ and Smoove needs to get on the same page...

I can't help but wonder if there isn't some tension between JJ and Smoove. Let's face it, have any of us ever worked or played on a sports team where everybody was cool with everybody and there were no agendas? I sure haven't and I've been around the block a few times. JJ is the man and likely JS wants to be the man.

JJ's comments about getting in veterans had to be aimed somewhere and JS seems like the most likely target. On the other hand, JS is basically in a contract year since next year is when the market will set the price for the Hawks to match. He needs to light it up.

That might be part of the reason neither one of them are playing up to par...just a hunch...I certainly don't know the "inside scoop". Still, it's unlikely that everybody on a young team like this is on the same page. Too much money at stake.

• Premium Member

To me, it seemed like after the first quarter, JJ stopped trying to get the ball to Smoove. I might be wrong, but that break was disturbing. I was standing up because it was a 2 on 1 break with Chillz trailing... and JJ didn't even attempt to look Smoove's way and we lost the possession and they scored easily on the other end.

• Premium Member

I know the teabag and his clan will come out on this one but...

Do we have anybody who can guard Paul Pierce. Of the Big three, Pierce was the one I worried the least about...

But I knew we were in trouble when Pierce took Marvin off the dribble and I hard the Boston team say "Pierce is too fast for Williams"... Then the camera did a close up on Pierce and I swear he looks 6'7 240. He then did the same to JJ and Chillz although in those cases, I did see him clear out with the elbow...(Dirty).

A lot of people are frustrated with Smith because he suddenly has decided that he needs to be some dynamic offensive force and that isn't the case. Smith needs to back off, stop forcing things that aren't there, and get his teammates back on board with him.

If this is all about his contract and his agent has him trying to do everything to cash in...were in trouble. Josh can still score 20 without monopolizing the action. In fact, if he keeps forcing and commiting turnovers like a rookie, he's going to cost himself a lot of cash and his team a chance to make the playoffs.

Smith just keeps making the same stupid mistakes over again. He's an unbelievable talent...when he's right mentally.

Marvin has scored the same points with ridiculously fewer shots. Thats because Marvin makes the most of his opportunities. Smith just keeps forcing. He's not playing team basketball right now and that isn't like him.

I'm ready for a 8-10 minute benching if Woody can't rein him back.

I think Smith have the right mentality in that he tried to drive to the hole most of the time and dish it out if someone's open. And I believe most of his offensive woes was when T-Lue is in the game. The offense will become stagnant and Joe Johnson will be triple team whenever he touches the ball. Somehow Josh Smith always gets the ball at the end of the shot clock. He's just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

This is a lot more than wrong place at the wrong time. That isn't even close to the case. Is Lue responsible for his horrendous turnover issue? Is Lue forcing him to dribble to excess, almost always looking to drive or shoot?

Somebody has planted in Josh's ear that he needs to step up and be the man. Somebody not with the Hawks...like Wallace Prather.

The bottom line is he needs to tighten up. Right now, before the season starts slipping away. We can't win if we don't play together and play right.