• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Horford vs. Yi

oiatlhawksfan

Quote:

What's funny as hell is that you wet your pants after two weeks of the season without actually watching Yi play.

I think it's pretty clear that Yi is ahead of HIS curve and that his upside has ALWAYS been higher than Horfords. Franklly, you wet your pants a MILLION times a day about how Horford can't do a d@mn thing right. What is with you?

I've NEVER had a problem with Horford. I do have a problem with him at center, I do realize his limitations are greater than Yi's in terms of mismatch advantage/superstar player, and I do believe this team needed such a player moreso than anything else after three botched lottery drafts. Still, Horford is a very good player and I don't complain 1/10th as much about him as you do.

W

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I think it's pretty clear that Yi is ahead of HIS curve and that his upside has ALWAYS been higher than Horfords. Franklly, you wet your pants a MILLION times a day about how Horford can't do a
d@mn
thing right. What is with you?

You are completely clueless. show me one player in the league who finishes worse inside than Yi. He shoots 30% inside on shots that aren't dunks and tips.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07MIL9A.HTM

And your reading skills need work. My problem with Horford isn't about what he CAN'T do it is what he refuses to do, which is take bigger, slower players off the dribble.

Quote:

Yi's ceiling as a player, is Detlef Schremph.t At least he's better than Matt Bullard.

Yi is averaging better (pts. and rbs) than Detlef did in 4 of his first 5 years. You'd think that a ROOKIE doing better than Detlef did for the entire start of his career would have a considerably higher ceiling. However, I can see Yi AVERAGING over 5-10 years starting in 2-3 years, Detlef's best year 19+/7+.

W

Quote:

You are completely clueless. show me one player in the league who finishes worse inside than Yi. He shoots 30% inside on shots that aren't dunks and tips.

32% isn't the shooting percentage dumbass. It's the percentage of shots taken inside! They add the "close", "dunk", and "tip in" percentages of shots taken and arrive at 32% of his shots are "inside shots" NOT that he makes only 32% of them.

uglyhammer.gif

W

Quote:

Quote:

32% isn't the shooting percentage dumbass. It's the percentage of shots taken inside! They add the "close", "dunk", and "tip in" percentages of shots taken and arrive at 32% of his shots are "inside shots" NOT that he makes only 32% of them.

uglyhammer.gif

W

Wow you are more clueless than i though.

Do you know what EFG% stands for?

What is Yi's EFG% on shots that are cluse to the basket but aren't dunks or tips?

Yi is getting a chance to play major minutes from the start. Skill wise, he's more similar to Detlef than he is to Dirk. He's either goin to have to become much stronger, or a deadeye shooter from 20 ft and out, to even come close to Dirk. A passing PG would help him too. Not Mo "shoot" Williams.

Actually, he and Charlie V. have similar type offensive games.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

uglyhammer.gif

W

Wow you are more clueless than i though.

Do you know what EFG% stands for?

What is Yi's EFG% on shots that are cluse to the basket but aren't dunks or tips?

That's not fair though, you have to consider his dunks since he dunks 10% of the time. His eFG on inside shots is 47.4%, which BTW is still not impressive, but you have to include that when talking about someone finishing inside.

It's like hypothetically concluding that Dwight/Shaq suck at finishing inside because their "close" shot % isn't good. Dunks/Tips have to be included.

Quote:

Yi is getting a chance to play major minutes from the start. Skill wise, he's more similar to Detlef than he is to Dirk. He's either goin to have to become much stronger, or a deadeye shooter from 20 ft and out, to even come close to Dirk. A passing PG would help him too. Not Mo "shoot" Williams.

Actually, he and Charlie V. have similar type offensive games.

Look at their respective rookie stats. Yi is better than Dirk across the board save tied with SPG. Feel free to prorate the numbers.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Yi's ceiling as a player, is Detlef Schremph.t At least he's better than Matt Bullard.

LOL I'm not a Yi fan at all, but you know that isn't true.

I am a Yi fan, but if you're trying to say that he will be as good or possibly better than Detlef, you're out of you're freaking mind. Detlef understood the game at a level very few players ever do. He was a helluva teammate. He could do so many things. He was also 6th man of the year, a ferw times, I think.

sorry, but when I see Detlef's name thrown in in some kind of insult comparison, it gives me pause. Maybe you're just not old enough to remember just what kind of a winning player he was. If Yi ever approaches that level, he will have had a very good career.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL I'm not a Yi fan at all, but you know that isn't true.

I am a Yi fan, but if you're trying to say that he will be as good or possibly better than Detlef, you're out of you're freaking mind. Detlef understood the game at a level very few players ever do. He was a helluva teammate. He could do so many things. He was also 6th man of the year, a ferw times, I think.

sorry, but when I see Detlef's name thrown in in some kind of insult comparison, it gives me pause. Maybe you're just not old enough to remember just what kind of a winning player he was. If Yi ever approaches that level, he will have had a very good career.

Who was bashing Detlef ?? I remember him, I've been watching the NBA since I was a little kid. Either way, you must have misinterpreted his quote because he said Yi's "Ceiling" is Detlef, which is not true at all. Yi's ceiling is one of the top players in the NBA. Of course he will be a success if he becomes as good as Detlef, but Yi's ceiling is much higher than that, IMO, and I'm not a Yi fan at all.

Quote:

I think it's pretty clear that Yi is ahead of HIS curve and that his upside has ALWAYS been higher than Horfords.

Only on BK's draft board was Shelden ranked higher than Roy; just as only on your draft board was Yi ranked higher than Horford.

Quit trying to tell "us" we were wrong in the Shelden vs Roy pick. It was BK that was wrong and reached for a big. Horford was by far and away the 3rd best player in this draft on everyone's board except yours; from ESPN to CBS, from Sports Illustrated to Draft Express and all points in between.

The Shelden pick is night and day different from the Horford pick. Horford was ranked 3rd and was picked 3rd. Shelden was at best ranked 8th and was picked 5th!

And BTW Walter, both Smoove and Marvin had better rookie seasons so far than Yi; and they were both 3 to 4 years younger!

Yi has potential; Horford has Balls. We got a man down low and the Bucks may have a nice, sweet shooting SF in a couple of years.

Give me the man child; we already have more than enough nice, sweet shooting SF's with potential!

Quote:

Quote:

I think it's pretty clear that Yi is ahead of HIS curve and that his upside has ALWAYS been higher than Horfords.

Only on BK's draft board was Shelden ranked higher than Roy; just as only on your draft board was Yi ranked higher than Horford.

Quit trying to tell "us" we were wrong in the Shelden vs Roy pick.

Huh? Revisionist history. GSUteke and a band of others including a 180 degree enlightened KB were in favor of SW. If you weren't part of the "us" then excuse yourself. If you were, then abuse yourself.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

The original question was Yi over Horf. Not a chance. I think Al will be a rare player who does the things inside that make everyone around him better. He's a big part of our future.

I think Al will be a Doug West type player.

However, I still believe that Yi will be a star maybe a superstar.

His skillset is really good. You have to think, he's more polished than Dirk was...