• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One on One: My Observation!!

Wurider05

All that one on one stuff is going to kill us this season. I mean when all else fails dump it in to Joe and back off. I mean Marvin is very consistent right now (although he had a bad % today). Smoove is playing that one on one stuff instead of getting his or attempting to get his in the flow of the game. Joe wasn't hitting too much today so Woody needs to defer to whomever is hot but when things get tough he reverts back to Joe/Lue are the only players that we got that can hit a shot. That line of thinking makes us predictable and is probably why we will be at a disadvantage in very tight games.SOmetimes is works but if we are trying to make the playoffs and be sucessful we need to address this issue now because you seen what the Nets/Pistons did to us. We got weapons that we need to use that would make is that much more dangerous. The teams that run the ball have several players that can hurt you because 1. they share the ball 2. they don't run up the court just to implement a half-court isolation offense. Woody needs to make up his mind and make a full committment to what style he wants to play. We have slashers, shooters, and decent post players (for the most part. WHat is the excuse? Joe needs to start looking for his teammates a little more as long as his slump continues. right now he is playing like Stackhouse the year he lead the league in scoring for the Pistons. Now while I am a Hawks fan and maybe a little bias, I truly believe that there is no team in the NBA that we can't beat. We have the talent and the worst part is that we have a coach who is stuck in his old ways. AM i wrong for expecting more?

Quote:

I don't call 6-16 great, but he did get to the line and hit his FT'S

To quote you, but he did orher things like 12 reb and 6 assist. That's the first time he shot under 50% in a game, and this is Smoove's first time he shot 50% this season. 6-16 is better than 3-15.

Why was Smoove guarding Butler and Marvin Jamison?

• Premium Member

Quote:

I don't call 6-16 great, but he did get to the line and hit his FT'S

You've been waiting in the weeds for Marvin to have a worse shooting game than Smoove. Its a shame though! Someone has already pointed out that 2 of Marvin's shots were desperation shots at the end on halves/quarters! Even with his poor shooting percentage, he contributed in other way with 12 rebounds, 6 assist and 1 turn-over. talktothehand.gif

Marvin Williams is really the only Hawk that is playing good and consistent basketball. Period.

Joe is a one on one ball hog who thinks him getting his shots and points is more important than winning.

Josh is just like a wild stallion with tons of talent that is unharnessed most of the time.

Horford is going to be great but is still learning on the job.

Acie is not ready to lead an NBA team at the PG position yet. I have hope for him but he has a way to go.

Chill is up one game and down the next...he's feast or famine.

Marvin has brought it every game. He's not only shooting great but he's actually passing the ball which is a rare thing on a team with JJ and Smoove. At least somebody's passing the damn ball. He's also rebounded better than I thought he could because I felt he would likely not be that great a rebounder. For all the fools who debated his taking classes this offseason...all I know is that when the lights turned on and it was time to play ball, Marvin has played ball.

The Hawks, as usual, are a mess. They are a team with talent and athleticism that doesn't have a clue how to win. Again, we are poorly coached. It's obvious. But now we are stuck with Woodson or some lame coach on his staff. The Adelmans and Iavaroni's are gone now.

Woody just sucks and the owners will likely have us waste another year. I guess what's one more lousy year when your the Hawks?

Quote:

Woody just sucks and the owners will likely have us waste another year. I guess what's one more lousy year when your the Hawks?

Here is something to think about. If Woodson is not fired until the end of the season, we will go into the off season without knowing how Smoove will handle playing in a disciplined system with a clearly defined role. I think that would be a good thing to know before giving him a $60 million contract.

If Mike Woodson coaches this team for any length of time then our season will blow. This team doesn't even go near its potential and will not under Woodson.

Supposedly, Woodhead knows that were an uptempo team? So, why are we still JJ shooting jumpers in the halfcourt?

Nothing ever changes with Woodhead. Why did we beat PHX? Because they play up tempo and so they let us.

We play the tempo of the other team. They dictate to Woody.

With Woody its the same shyte in a different day.

• Premium Member

Yeah I really can't blame our offensive inadequacies on any one player. On one hand, we don't have a PG that can control the ball and set up the offense. On the other hand Woodson has absolutely no offensive gameplan whatsoever.

The way our offense looks, I will be SHOCKED if we shoot 40% as a team for the season.

Smith actually cut down on his crazy shots and had only one turnover. Marvin shot more often, although one was a heave at the end of the half and a couple at the end were desperation. Still he shot more often.

But we are getting no offense from the point or C. Zaza played 6 minutes and had 3 turnovers. Horford had 3 field goals and 3 turnovers, both of which are his averages. And he got outplayed by Haywood, who so many here say sucks.

Lue and Law didn't make a shot. Law just looks gunshy and Lue looks washed up. Woody just needs to play Law big minutes and take his chances.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Woody just needs to play Law big minutes and take his chances.

This really doesn't matter IMO, even though Law gives us a much better chance to win. It's Woody's offense (can it even be called an offense?) that screws us over, I'm almost willing to believe we couldn't make the playoffs if we had KG on our team. NOONE can score efficiently when you have to create everything for yourself. It just doensn't happen, we EASILY have the talent and players to make the playoffs. However, with this offense we will do nothing.

That's why I don't put much blame on JJ and Smith's bad offensive play. Everyone just keeps passing them the ball, and they have to shoot. Obviously I'd rather Smith not be shooting long jumpers, but when everyone else on the team keeps giving him the ball and aren't getting open or moving without the ball, WTF is he supposed to do?

Quote:

NOONE can score efficiently when you have to create everything for yourself. It just doensn't happen, we EASILY have the talent and players to make the playoffs. However, with this offense we will do nothing.

Man, you hit the nail right on the head. He needs to just throw Law in there and let him go at it.