• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Realistically,when will woody be fired?

Frenzy

This cant continue to go on,and you know what im talkin about.We have no,i repeat no type of decent offensive system.We let other teams dictate the way we play,and we rely on jumpshots.So,do you guys think its possible for woody to get fired before the season is over.If so,when?I hope he's fired asap

• Premium Member

He's a lame duck so it wouldn't hurt the team financially or anything else if he's fired. I hope it's ASAP, we have no chance playing in his offensive system. We could have Kidd and Kobe and still wouldn't score efficiently the way this offense is set up.

Quote:

This cant continue to go on,and you know what im talkin about.We have no,i repeat no type of decent offensive system.We let other teams dictate the way we play,and we rely on jumpshots.So,do you guys think its possible for woody to get fired before the season is over.If so,when?I hope he's fired asap

He needs to be fired before Thanksgiving or this season is down the tubes.

The guy is a horrid coach. He has the players and the talent to win in the NBA. I never bought into his excuses because you can have bad players and still coach well.

Woody has never coached well.

...is that they've lost their last 16 games on the road. This is the NBA, streaks like that just aren't supposed to happen when you're in this league (unless you have nothing but scrubs on the roster). Considering we've got some talent (even with the injuries at the end of the year last year), there's no way we shouldn't have won at least ONE of those games.

Over 16 games, you'd think you could piece together good play from a couple guys to at least pull one out. Sounds like Woody can't coach these guys up to go steal a game or two on the road.

Most people have seen this guy as incompetant from the first season. The Atlanta Spirit just keep giving this guy all the time in the world...because they dont know basketball.

He's been on the edge before but always comes back. It seems that the ASG always have a ready made excuse for Woody, either youth or injuries. Yes, they have been young and last year they had injuries. But there have been a boatload of signs outside of the injuries and youth that the ASG just don't understand.

His offense is the same every time down the court. Literally the same. There is no imagination at all, and the offense is DESIGNED for one on one play. When JJ pops out at the elbow he's looking to go one on one.

The Hawks have lost games at home to teams even more depleted by injuries.

The honest truth is that we cannot have hope for this team with Mike Woodson coaching it. The perfect scenario would have been a new start this year with an Adelman or an Iavaroni, guys who would love to coach these atheletes in an up tempo game. But Mike "Numbnuts" Gearon decides Woody needs another year with his jump shooting and half court team.

The Hawks are poorly run and poorly coached.

Quote:

Most people have seen this guy as incompetant from the first season. The Atlanta Spirit just keep giving this guy all the time in the world...because they dont know basketball.

He's been on the edge before but always comes back. It seems that the ASG always have a ready made excuse for Woody, either youth or injuries. Yes, they have been young and last year they had injuries. But there have been a boatload of signs outside of the injuries and youth that the ASG just don't understand.

His offense is the same every time down the court. Literally the same. There is no imagination at all, and the offense is DESIGNED for one on one play. When JJ pops out at the elbow he's looking to go one on one.

The Hawks have lost games at home to teams even more depleted by injuries.

The honest truth is that we cannot have hope for this team with Mike Woodson coaching it. The perfect scenario would have been a new start this year with an Adelman or an Iavaroni, guys who would love to coach these atheletes in an up tempo game. But Mike "Numbnuts" Gearon decides Woody needs another year with his jump shooting and half court team.

The Hawks are poorly run and poorly coached.

Maybe if we lose against the Bobcats on wednesday that will be enough to get those lazy a$$ bastards the ASG to fire Mike "no goodson" Woodson

Given the still outstanding ownership mess I don't see any real coach agreeing to come in to replace Woody, which means it will be one of the assistants promoted to head coach. Not that the coaching can get much worse, but the reality is nothing is likely to happen until the end of the year.