• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who would do Johnny Bravo's "master plan"

coachx

Wait, that wasn't my scenerio, but you are proving my contention that the board wouldn't want to trade young talent for HOF talent.

But say it wasn't a matter of salary cap, that both Marvin and Smooves contract=AI's. Do you mean to say that we wouldn't be a better team if we suited up

AI/Law/Lue

JJ/Salim

Childress/West

Horford/Shelden

Zaza/Wright Solo

You are insane if you don't believe that it is a better team.

ai isn't hof for what he'll do this year and on...he's hof for what he did in the past

that team may win more games THIS year and MAYBE next...but that's it

and those more wins = 2 higher seeds and MAYBE an extra round of the playoffs

that's it

they can't contend with ai at this point, so why make this move that hurts our future?

we could get MUCH more to help us CONTEND in the future for those 2 valuable pieces than AI

I think the team with Iverson would win 3 to 5 more games then theteam with Marvin and Smith for THIS SEASON. Those extra few wins would probably get us in the playoffs with a chance to advance to the 2nd round.........but nothing is guaranteed.

So yes, in 2007-08 the team with AI would probably win a few more games.

However, by the 2008-2009 season I see the squad that keep Marvin andSmoove being the better alternative in the # of wins produced. Law will ready to by the point by then and Marvin and Smoove will be better then they are today.

By 2009-2010, the team with Marvin and Smith is ready to take off.

Quote:

I think the team with Iverson would win 3 to 5 more games then theteam with Marvin and Smith for THIS SEASON. Those extra few wins would probably get us in the playoffs with a chance to advance to the 2nd round.........but nothing is guaranteed.

However, by the 2008-2009 season I see the squad that keep Marvin andSmoove being the better alternative in the # of wins produced. Law will ready to by the point by then and Marvin and Smoove will be better then they are today.

Who in the hell wants to wait til 2009-2010 for a team to take off?

Quote:

Quote:

Did Denver take off when they got AI? Did Philly struggle more after he left?

Quote:

Quote:

I'm done with you. That does not even warrant a response.

Quote:

Quote:

JB . . ask Hawksquawk to explain why AI is currently having his best year assist wise, while also shooting almost a career high right now, if he's on the decline?

While I would agonize over giving up Marvin and Smith for AI, it's a move that teams do to instantly better themselves.

It's this same line of thinking that has Chicago believing that Deng + Gordon >> Kobe . . which is BS in my opinion. If you team Kobe with Kirk Hinrich . . and you still have Nocioni and Thomas on the team, the Bulls are going to be MORE than OK.

JJ becomes a souped-up Scottie Pippen, if he got AI here. He'd play a lot more of the 3 at times, which would increase his impact as a rebounder. He'd get a lot more open looks and one-on-one coverage.

But the key would be Horford. Could Horford really develop at the 4, with an AI - JJ backcourt? Iverson would get that kid a lot of easy looks on the offensive end of the court.