• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If you were GM

coachx

I don't know what Calderon is worth. Maybe Sheldon and Lue ? He can run an offense and shoot a J. His defense has never stood out to me.

I personly don't think the Raptors have any intention of trading Calderon due to TJ Ford's injury history, lack of size, and narrowing spine.

I included him in the poll to please the masses b/c so many are high on him.

Miller seems more realistic.

Those who like Claderon. What is the most you would give for him ?

I picked Calderon. He would be perfect here.

They would need a backup pg so i don't see why we can't send Law, assuming he starts playing well. Of course we can't trade him until dec 15.

The main reason they won't resign Calderon is cost so i would think Acie would be attractive to them. Then they could spend their money on other needs.

Chill or Shelden would work too but i am not sure they want either.

I picked wait till Dec. I not opposed if we trade for Gasol if the only key cog we give them is Smoove. I know what Calderons stats are but Ive never seen him play so until I do I cant say. Miller seems like he lost a step and JOneil gets hurt alot.

• Premium Member

Calderon is the guy who looks really good as the BU on another team because he's foriegn and he puts up decent numbers....

However...

Every year, HS has one of those.

I think last year it was the magician Sergio Rodriguez.

There was also Jorge Garbajosa.

There was Fabrico Oberto.

There was Primos Brezec.

There was Andres Nociono.

There was Anderson Verajo.

There was Luis Scola

There was Daniel Ortega.

There was Juan Carlos Navvarro.

There was Andres Biedrins.

There was Muhamed Sene.

There was Bogut.

etc, etc, etc.

and a whole host of others. It's almost as if Squawkers believe that Because USA didn't dominate the Olympics a foriegn BU is the best thing we can get... They automatically make their teams winning??

The truth is Established Stars do big things!

Even if you get a rising Europlayer, to have an established star is 10 times better... Ask Boston. Ask Orlando why they took Lewis over Darko! Ask Memphis why they are doing so badly if they have so many good Europlayers. Ask Toronto to try to win the same way without Bosh.

The take home message... Get over the stereotype. Calderon would probably be no better than Acie here!