• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What are we ever gonna do about Joe Johnson??!!??

bumpyphish1

Quote:

Ask AtlBAller or Bosstweed what would happen if i played you. I notice they didn't say much about your game.

They've seen me play one time... with people I didn't know. And unlike you, I've gotten better in the past year.

Go pull up the thread. Nothing bad about me in there. May be something about good fundamentals in there. I even said thank you. You weren't the only person who thought they could have played better that day. Besides, I don't need anyone's opinion to tell me that you had a whole game to score on me and didn't. That's the end of it. You had your chance.

If your attitude changes, pm me. If it's all about punking, then... whatever. I wouldn't mind a fun spirited HS game but if it's not in that atmosphere, I have no desire to see you again.

• Moderators

Quote:

yet you think you can diagnose what is wrong with someone else's jumper? LOL

I hope this isn't the standard because I know my shot is u-g-l-y! I won't pretend to be an expert on shooting mechanics but hopefully know enough to be able to chime in from time to time.

Here is one of the problems i have with you. You keep mentioning the fact that you play as if it has some relevance to the Hawks. You think the fact that you play means that your opinion somehow carries more weight than guys who don't play.

On the other hand you think you are some kind of expert on shooting jump shots when you cant shoot one at all. You can't have it both ways. If you think you are just as qualified to talk about jumpers as i am then that means that someone who doesn't play is just as qualified to talk about the hawks as you are.

I am not the one who brought up the fact that we played together in this thread. You are always the one who brings it up. And given your playing ability you really shouldn't. You shoot like a girl.

Quote:

Quote:

yet you think you can diagnose what is wrong with someone else's jumper? LOL

I hope this isn't the standard because I know my shot is u-g-l-y! I won't pretend to be an expert on shooting mechanics but hopefully know enough to be able to chime in from time to time.

It is only Troy's double standard. See my previous post to him.

He somehow thinks the fact that he plays has some relevance to the Hawks. It doesn't.

Quote:

I think you've now mentioned it more than me. Seriously 1200 posts. Maybe 20 have said that.

How does your biased opinion become fact? You just used a biased opinion to support an idiotic argument. Do you think intelligent posters don't see through you?

I didn't bring it up in this thread. You did right here.

Quote:

Not what I'm talking about. But then again, I'm a bit of a shooter and you're more of a pusher. You are not a real shooter and obviously it is over your head.

You are ALWAYS the one who brings it up.

Show me ONE post where i have brought the fact that i play into an argument.

You do it all the time and not just to me. When you did it to me for the 3rd or 4th time, saying i can't play or don't play, that is what caused me to call you out the first time.

• Premium Member

Quote:

if you did you would know why so many guys like to fade a little on a pullup J.

When I played back for my college I would fade on a jump shot if I needed to get a higher arc on the shot or if it just "felt right" with how I was coming out of my stance. There's reasons to put a fade on a jump shot but if you have the room you should not (IMO) use a fade because of the extra torque it puts on your body and the resulting effect on the shot.

Quote:

Quote:

if you did you would know why so many guys like to fade a little on a pullup J.

When I played back for my college I would fade on a jump shot if I needed to get a higher arc on the shot or if it just "felt right" with how I was coming out of my stance. There's reasons to put a fade on a jump shot but if you have the room you should not (IMO) use a fade because of the extra torque it puts on your body and the resulting effect on the shot.

When you are driving hard to the basket and pull up for a j it is easy to drift forward in the air and shoot it too long. It is easy to adjust for this by just shooting it easier.

However if the defender is in front of you then you drift right into him for an easy block.

Fading a little on a pullup from midrange is nothing unusual. Long range it is tough to convert consistently though. I haven't seen JJ fading on 3s at all.

Quote:

Quote:

His shot sucks. he isn't clutch at all and is soooo overpaid.

I actually play and i have been a Hawks fan for 100 years and if a guy is making $70 million i expect him to average 35 pts and shoot 60%. He should never miss a shot in the 4th quarter.

Did i mention that i actually play and i have been a Hawks fan for 100 years?

You just went out of your way to take something I've said out of context. Joe was fading on his jumper for a few games. Not fading as a player. You know that I've never said he or his shot sucks. What kind of liar are you?

We've now won 72 games in the Joe Johnson era. Chill out. He had a good game. That's what he's supposed to do at least once a week. Oh, that's right, you care more about trying to "punk" someone than truly being happy about how we played. Which was pretty good.

You are not a Hawks fan. This shows it.

I'll share some advice with you that Ex shared with me one time about someone I didn't particularly care for at the time.

Just don't read his posts.