• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Buck fans think Yi is alpha dog talent

jerrywest

There were a few of us that saw Yi having tremendous talent. I was even on the cover of the AJC sports section the day after the draft, hoping for the Yi pick at the draft party. I really see huge upside for him.

That said, it would have been a completely different situation here, imo. At least until coaching changes were made. With his skill set, the sky is the limit. Yi is in a good place to grow his game. Not much media invasion in milwaukee.

Even though Yi's doing better than I thought he would, I still don't see where he fits on this team, whereas Horford is exactly what we needed. I've watched quite a few of Yi's games this year, and he's definitely a better shotblocker and rebounder than I thought he'd be at this point, but mostly I just see a tall, athletic, standstill jumpshooter who can't guard anyone other than blocking shots.

He does seem to have a great feel for the game, great length, athleticism, and skill - and of course he's got marketability - but his game is actually very similar to Marvin's, except he's a couple years older than Marvin, and I really think I like Marvin better. Plus I think Horford will do far more of the dirty work to help this team win than Yi would be able to do for us.