• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If this one doesn't get em' nothing will..........

Dragitoff

Here's where you can post all your positives about Steven A. Smith. I personally love how he uses the phrase "Quite Frankly" with everything.....Quite Frankly, I've gotta' go to the bathroom and quite frankly it's going to stink. I also how he feels it necessary to mention in every conversation how he and Shaq are personal friends. That's great isn't it? lol.

LOL @ Stephen A on First Take today. Calling the Kansas football team "Cal Ripken". Cal never won any titles, but he got all kinds of props for just showing up and playing all of those consecutive games and being a good all-around player.

He really knows how to stir the pot. S.A.S. is hilarious to me.

• Moderators

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/...egoryId=2521705

Here is Steven A. and his colleague discussing the 'race' angle in light of the Bonds indictment. He makes some good points about Bonds being investigated while McGwire wasn't during their home run chases. He does ignore the fact that Sammy Sosa was an equally large celebrity who just came up slightly short in the HR total. He also ignores the fact that media coverage of the steroids issue had already started in earnest and MLB was under public pressure to the point that it implemented minor league testing before Bonds was a contender for the season or career HR records (Bonds got the season record in the fall of 2001 and the testing was implemented in April 2001).

The most interesting part of this is that both commentators seems to think that Bonds is being charged for using steroids. They make comments about rounding up everyone else who used steroids and charging them, etc.

Ummm....you guys realize he isn't being indicted for using steroids, right? He is being indicted for lying to a grand jury. He is in the exact same position as Jason Giambi. Both were asked under oath about use of steroids. The only difference is that Giambi fell on the sword and admitted what he did. Bonds denied any knowledge about steroids and denied any use of steroids (other than the 'flaxseed oil' that his trainer supposedly rubbed into his arm without Bonds' knowledge).

If you want comparables to show that people are being treated differently based on race, look at who was called to testify before the grand jury, what they said and whether they are being indicted for perjury.