• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

This team still has a long ways to go

WraithSentinel

Beat the Suns and Mavs. Play the Pistons close. Also loss to a winless Wiz team. Just lost to a 1-8 Sonics team. They still couldn't come up with key rebounds at the end. I will have to rethink the playoffs chances of this team now. They are no where near being ready to compete. Being a playoff team is beating teams they are supposed to beat.

• Moderators

Quote:

It's losses like this one that haunt in a playoff chase late in the year.

Out of respect for positive day I won't say that I completely agree with this. Since positive day doesn't apply to the Sonics I will say that they aren't very good and that they are the kind of team that will do well only if you don't play with good intensity from the start and allow them to hang around through the first three quarters. They are also the kind of team that is very happy to engage in a jumpshooting contest with you and teams that play them need to avoid allowing the game to become a perimeter contest.

• Moderators

Quote:

Between Swift and Ridnour, which one is their 2nd best player? Which one means to them what Smoove means to us?

Neither of them are the second best player on the team. Neither means what Smoove means to us. Which is part of the reason why they were 1-8 with those guys.

They don't have players that can compete with our guys when you line them up talent for talent (with or without Smoove).

• Moderators

Quote:

I will agree that the Sonics are not very good. However, when Wilkins plays like his Uncle and when Durant hits some luck shots... what do you expect?

The Sonics are the kind of team that you can lose to in the first half by not playing smart or playing with intensity. Of course, I am not commenting on whether that happened tonight.

• Premium Member

Even without their first team player...

The Suns still have:

The LEAGUE MVP 2 times in a row.

All defensive first teamer and allstar Marion.

MIP Player... Diaw..

Grant Hill

And remember, without Amare (05-06), the same team has won 54 games in a season.

We're a 30 win team. Taking away Smoove and Acie is like kicking 2 legs off the table.

• Premium Member

Actually, in the 2nd half, we had a very impressive comeback after a terrible first half shooting... but then.. Wally Z and Dominique's nephew started hitting shots...

OK.. since it was double overtime everything counts..

Wally Z was throwing himself into Chillz or whoever... and it was obvious.

• Moderators

Without Acie and Josh Smith we only have:

All-Star Joe Johnson

#2 Marvin Williams

#3 Al Horford

#5 Shelden Williams

#6 Josh Childress

Zaza

Lue

Salim

We definitely have the talent to consistently beat the Sonics in our building if our team is ready to go from the opening tip.

Well this is nothing against Woody...constructive criticism let's say...but the pick and roll with the shot clock running out in crunch time doesn't work. They just double and trap JJ. Sometimes they triple him. We need a new play or two.

But it was a Herculean effort by JJ tonight - he almost won it by himself. thumb3d.gif

I thought when Collison fouled out we'd be OK.

• Moderators

Quote:

Wally Z was throwing himself into Chillz or whoever... and it was obvious.

True but that is a time-honored move in the NBA to pump fake a guy in the air and then jump into him/move under him for the free throws.

Sorry, but I think we can take the 1-8 Sonics without one starter. Law is fine but I would not quite yet rank him with the leagues great PG's.

We didn't play the Spurs or the Mavs or the Rockets. We played the Sonics. At home.

Sorry but there will be injuries this year. Some short, some long. Thats why we have depth. Teams that use injuries as an excuse usually don't go very far.

The Hawks played with no intensity in the first half and let them hang around. Let's not dig into the excuse bag for losing to a 1-8 team.

• Premium Member

Sorry AHF..

You can't compare lottery pick position to real live NBA Accolades..

Steve Nash is 2 time MVP of the league.

That is light years ahead of Joe Johnson's 1 allstar appearance because Vince was hurt!

I can give you a team of:

Olowakhandi #1 pick.

Kwame Brown #1 pick.

Dejuan Wagner lottery pick.

Sebastian Telfair Lottery pick.

Skita Lottery pick.

and you would win 0 games all season.