• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Here go the CRYBABIES !!

TheNorthCydeRises

Go ahead and cry because we lost to the Sonics.

This is the NBA folks. If teams like Detroit and San Antonio can lose to us when we're terrible, then we can damn well lose to the Sonics on a night when Damien plays like Dominique.

So go ahead and cry. Doom and gloom. Cry your damn eyes out. Here . . lol . . I'll hand you some kleenex.

Quote:

This is the NBA folks. If teams like Detroit and San Antonio can lose to us when we're terrible, then we can damn well lose to the Sonics on a night when Damien plays like Dominique.

So go ahead and cry. Doom and gloom. Cry your damn eyes out. Here . . lol . . I'll hand you some kleenex.

We were down 2 starters. No worries. We played well considering.

Quote:

You'll be crying on Feb when you look at the standings in Feb and March. The hawks only beat teams like Dallas and PHX because these teams don't take the Hawks seriousally. Dallas proved last night that when they're taking the other team seriousally they're a top 3 team.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We were down 2 starters. No worries. We played well considering.

The Sonics were without Swift and Ridnour, and were playing on the road. The Hawks got their butts handed to them tonight.

And I don't buy the optimism anymore. This was the year the Hawks were supposed to compete for the playoffs, but they remain an incredibly inconsistent team.

The last second shot to win in two overtime doesn't equate to a butt kicking. Hawks should've pulled this one out in 1st OT but a stupid Salim TOs and stupid Woody subs did it in. He should've draw up plays to give Marvin the ball in the final seconds (instead of giving it to Salim for a long ass three) since we know pretty much they will swarm JJ and make other people make the shot.

Quote:

Quote:

You'll be crying on Feb when you look at the standings in Feb and March. The hawks only beat teams like Dallas and PHX because these teams don't take the Hawks seriousally. Dallas proved last night that when they're taking the other team seriousally they're a top 3 team.

I thought we beat them because they were missing key starters?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I thought we beat them because they were missing key starters?

It's obvious that plays a role too. Whenever you hear Stackhouse say something like "If they come out with this energy every night, they will make the playoffs". That tells you Dallas wasn't really prepared and wasn't giving the Hawks any respect. We also heard Paul Pierces comments about the hawks aswell.

Teams like NJ, Charlotte, Seattle don't have any room to to not take every team seriousally.

NC, your real good with getting numbers together. So, while your talking about "crybabies" will you go back and tell us all what the Hawks record is this millenium?

Then, let's re-visit the crybaby issue. Oh, and then tell us what the schedule is over the next week and report back.

Then let's see if we can all put a positive spin on what's about to happen.

Quote:

NC, your real good with getting numbers together. So, while your talking about "crybabies" will you go back and tell us all what the Hawks record is this millenium?

Then, let's re-visit the crybaby issue. Oh, and then tell us what the schedule is over the next week and report back.

LOL @ Pete. Here's a kleenex for you man.

The Hawks have no time to sulk over a loss like this. Not with a game tomorrow night. So I'll take that same approach.

When you lose games that you should've won, you learn from the mistakes you made, and get it right back. That schedule next week doesn't concern me one bit, because we can play with every single one of those teams.

With there being about 25 minutes left in "positive day", here's a positive you can take away from this game.

When we lost Smith for a few games last year, this team had NO CHANCE at winning. Tonight without Smith, we could've won this game, instead of having no hope of winning.

This is the NBA Pete. You've watched enough games to know that bad teams can get hot and beat you on any given night. And it doesn't mean a damn thing, unless you let that happen on a consistent basis.

Quote:

Quote:

LOL @ Pete. Here's a kleenex for you man.

The Hawks have no time to sulk over a loss like this. Not with a game tomorrow night. So I'll take that same approach.

When you lose games that you should've won, you learn from the mistakes you made, and get it right back. That schedule next week doesn't concern me one bit, because we can play with every single one of those teams.

With there being about 25 minutes left in "positive day", here's a positive you can take away from this game.

When we lost Smith for a few games last year, this team had NO CHANCE at winning. Tonight without Smith, we could've won this game, instead of having no hope of winning.

This is the NBA Pete. You've watched enough games to know that bad teams can get hot and beat you on any given night. And it doesn't mean a damn thing, unless you let that happen on a consistent basis.

LOl you sound just like the hawks broadcasters. Just in case you ahven't noticed, the hawks are also one of those bad teams.

Keep your head in the sand if you like NC. No excuse for a supposed young and hungry team to lose at home to 1-8. I don't need a Kleenex because it's not my job in the balance.

Call your best buddy Woodson because he's going to need a whole box.

Here's whats going to happen NC. If we drop 3 straight here this week, and its looking pretty likely, your buddy gets the axe. Finally.

Because if we go 3-8 and he's still employed then we have no shot. NEWSFLASH: Seattle sucks. There is something STILL wrong with the Hawks. It's called coaching and we simply don't have a good one. In fact, our coach is embarrassing.

Quote:

Keep your head in the sand if you like NC. No excuse for a supposed young and hungry team to lose at home to 1-8. I don't need a Kleenex because it's not my job in the balance.

Call your best buddy Woodson because he's going to need a whole box.

Here's whats going to happen NC. If we drop 3 straight here this week, and its looking pretty likely, your buddy gets the axe. Finally.

Because if we go 3-8 and he's still employed then we have no shot. NEWSFLASH: Seattle sucks. There is something STILL wrong with the Hawks. It's called coaching and we simply don't have a good one. In fact, our coach is embarrassing.

If we're 3 - 8, I agree that he should get the axe. I'm on record of saying that if we're not at least 5 - 9 at the end of November, then he should be fired. And if we fall 5 games below .500 in this month, he should be fired.

LOL @ something still wrong with the Hawks. Maybe what was wrong tonight, was our 2nd best player not being in the lineup. It's too easy to give that excuse when it's us. But when we beat teams like Dallas and Phoenix, it's . . "oh, but Josh Howard and Amare Stoudamire didn't play".

But the Hawks can't use that excuse.

All this game proves is that our bench isn't nearly as good as we all thought it was. Guys like Salim, Lue, and Shelden have to step up, whenever they get heavy minutes. They just didn't do it tonight. I'm betting that at least one of them will do it in Milwaukee though, and help bring home the win.

• Moderators

Quote:

HOW CAN YOU COME OUT SO FLAT IN THE FIRST HALF?

That is the question of the night.

(By the way, the caps lock is right above your shift key. You might want to consider pressing it so people don't think you are yelling at them.)

• Moderators

Quote:

LOL @ something still wrong with the Hawks. Maybe what was wrong tonight, was our 2nd best player not being in the lineup. It's too easy to give that excuse when it's us. But when we beat teams like Dallas and Phoenix, it's . . "oh, but Josh Howard and Amare Stoudamire didn't play".

But the Hawks can't use that excuse.

Personally, I thought all our wins have been excellent, important games so far. This loss (5 mins left) had a lot of potential to be very important this season. We have a big learning opportunity for everyone to pick up on how to come out to play from the tip and how to beat the dregs of the league consistently. We also have an opportunity to learn at the end of the season that blowing the gimme games can bite you in the rear -- or how to overcome those performances. I hope it is the latter.

Either way, there are no excuses this year - only the bottomline of wins and losses. I don't care if we beat Miami without Wade, Shaq, Pat Riley and the Heat dance team. You just have to win, baby.

Quote:

Quote:

No one will take you 'seriousally' until you learn to spell the word 'seriously' correctly.

I don't believe that the Suns had ANY excuse against the Hawks. Nor do I believe that we need to apologize for beating the Mavs without Howard and Devin Harris for a chunk of the game.

However, I also don't want to read on this board about us losing because were without Smoove. Injuries are not a one way street. You can't have it both ways.

These look a lot like the same old Hawks. They have more depth, Marvin looks better, Horford looks great...and the record is 3-5. Likely 3-6 because this game will tap them out. Likely 3-7 against the Spurs unless we decide to bust our ass against the good teams like we can.

But, I'm of the opinion now that this team needs a change in the coach. They have had enough of Woodson. And I think about 95% of all fans feel the same. I predict that if we lose to the Bucks we go 3-8.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No one will take you 'seriousally' until you learn to spell the word 'seriously' correctly.

I'll let you in on a little secret.... I don't care what you think.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'll let you in on a little secret.... I don't care what you think.

Well!!...so much for positive day! stirthepot.gif