• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Factory car iPod integration .. DICE module

Admin

I have been looking for a way to integrate my iPod into my factory audio/navigation system since I got my new car back in February. I have been using a Belkin adapter and running a male to male headphone wire out of it and into the aux headphone input in my center console and while that worked and sounded a hell of a lot better than FM modulation, it required 2 things being plugged into my center console and the sound wasn't quite there, even with Dolby Pro Logic conversion turned on and I couldn't control the iPod with the steering wheel, voice commands, or get text display on the screen. So I found a company called DICE Electronics and ordered a unit from them, about $175 shipped and it plugs into the 14 pin port on the back of most current factory stereos. I had to give up my xm to operate it in satellite mode which allowed full text display on my screen. The sound quality is much better now and it charges my iPod while the stereo is on and if I leave the car in xm mode the iPod automatically starts playing when I start the car. It's a pretty sweet little product and they make kits for lots of cars and as far as I know they are the only ones who offer text display. Here is a pic of the unit installed.

dice_display.jpg