• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Woody / BK poll

Lascar78

I have not been critical of BK in the last few months, but given some horrendous moves he's made:

1) giving Speedy a ridiculous contract

2) giving up way too much in the JJ trade

3) Not capitalizing on Brandon Roy when we should've gotten him

4) Chris Paul / Deron Williams would have us top 5 in the East

...He must go too...

For the record, I would have fired Woody a long time ago. BK I'm not sure. He's not great, but he's not nearly the problem that Woodson is. I might start talking to other GM's and wait to find a replacement before I can BK. Whereas this team might do better with no coach at all that with Woodson. Even if Drew or Brown take over for the rest of the season, it can't hurt us much.

Quote:

1) giving Speedy a ridiculous contract

2) giving up way too much in the JJ trade

3) Not capitalizing on Brandon Roy when we should've gotten him

4) Chris Paul / Deron Williams would have us top 5 in the East

...He must go too...

1) Speedy's contract was not ridiculous. It was more than he's worth, but he was determined to get a veteran PG in here and Cassell turned us down. We gambled on his health and lost.

2) This is BK's single best move. How did we give up too much? Phoenix gave up an all-star and ended up getting Boris Diaw, some cash, and our first rounder coming up. Would you rather have Diaw back?

3) Definitely a bad pick

4) We would not be top 5 in the East, please, and definitely not if we hadn't gotten JJ. First of all if Paul or Deron come here and kick ass we wouldn't have Horford. And Marvin is starting to look nice. 17pts/6rpg/2apg at 21 is solid. I mean it's not far off from Deron's 17pts/8ast. The problem isn't that we got Marvin, it's that after he did that, he failed to get us a really good PG anywhere else.

I think BK has a few misses, but overall he has done a great job of accumulating talent and especially of getting young talent for outgoing guys (Josh Smith for Sheed, Acie Law for Al Harrington). What he has failed to do is put a cohesive team together by not getting a distributor or a starting center. We draft guys to play them out of position, and never make the trades to balance the roster out. And he's failed to get a coach in here.

Despite 2 big mistakes, I think BK is an above average drafter, but is too hesitant to make trades involving guys he drafted.

Like I said, I'd be looking for his replacement, but I don't think you HAVE to fire him ASAP as is the case with Woody

speedy's contract bad because he's injured; if uninjured, it's great...however, with his history, it was likely he'd be injured...no other candidates tho after cassell turned us down...still, not a great move, but not HORRID

what did we give up in the jj trade? diaw, who was leaving our team anyway (hated woody)? our first this year, which will be a non-lotto pick when we make playoffs? the late 1st round pick from lakers (turned into cash)?

wow...if our pick this year + diaw + late 1st (cash) isn't worth an ALLSTAR, then allstars aren't very valuable

seriously, so biased

brandon roy would be nice, but he wasn't really a pg and we had jj at sg...but yeah, roy over shelden woulda been good pick...but u can see why he got shelden: we needed a defensive big and he was 2-time dpoy in college

if we had drafted chris paul/deron williams (when everyone had marvin the consensus #2 pick), then we wouldn't have marvin/horford/law right now...and we couldn't contend with that

now we have a chance to contend if law is 80% of paul/deron....i'd rather have an 80% paul + marvin + horford than a 100% paul

Quote:

speedy's contract bad because he's injured; if uninjured, it's great...however, with his history, it was likely he'd be injured...no other candidates tho after cassell turned us down...still, not a great move, but not HORRID

what did we give up in the jj trade? diaw, who was leaving our team anyway (hated woody)? our first this year, which will be a non-lotto pick when we make playoffs? the late 1st round pick from lakers (turned into cash)?

wow...if our pick this year + diaw + late 1st (cash) isn't worth an ALLSTAR, then allstars aren't very valuable

seriously, so biased

brandon roy would be nice, but he wasn't really a pg and we had jj at sg...but yeah, roy over shelden woulda been good pick...but u can see why he got shelden: we needed a defensive big and he was 2-time dpoy in college

if we had drafted chris paul/deron williams (when everyone had marvin the consensus #2 pick), then we wouldn't have marvin/horford/law right now...and we couldn't contend with that

now we have a chance to contend if law is 80% of paul/deron....i'd rather have an 80% paul + marvin + horford than a 100% paul

No, it was Boris Diaw, 2 1st rounders, and a MAXIMUM contract that I think is a bit excessive for an all-star (Joe may not even make the team if we continue to play like this).

While I like Marvin, if we had taken Paul or Deron, we'd be a much more attractive team and probably would have attracted more FA's.

Speedy's contract is awful. I believe he missed his ENTIRE rookie season due to injury, has the worst shot in the NBA, and can't stay healthy for more than 4 games in a row. Everyone knows that.

I like our players right now, but it's obvious the mismoves that BK made.

"No, it was Boris Diaw, 2 1st rounders, and a MAXIMUM contract that I think is a bit excessive for an all-star (Joe may not even make the team if we continue to play like this)."

One first rounder wasn't even used by Phx. They traded it for CASH. Boris is a joke. The 1st round pick this year, should be in the early 20s if we had some coaching.

Max contract for Johnson is better than the payouts to:

Chandler

Curry

Peja

Mike Miller

R. Lewis

and a host of other guys that have big contracts but haven't made the All-Star team, nor elevated their teams to the playoffs recently.

JJ, was the single best move BK has made. Where would the Hawks be without JJ?

BK also made some very good moves to rid the team of horrid contracts, esp. big dog and Theo's.

Has he made some boneheaded moves? Yup. Name an NBA exec that hasn't made a few bad moves. My biggest problem with BK is that he hasn't made another big move like JJ. Getting a Gasol or KG would have been a prefered move. However, I still maintain that until the ASG/Belkin fued is ended we really don't know what BK has had to NOT do due to the fued.

Also, you can't ignore the fact that since JJ came to our team, the only FA's we've been able to attract are Lorenzen, AJ (two of the worst players in the NBA), and an injury-riddled Speedy. Could we not throw Childress out there in a package with Lue and one of those horrific players?

Quote:

Also, you can't ignore the fact that since JJ came to our team, the only FA's we've been able to attract are Lorenzen, AJ (two of the worst players in the NBA), and an injury-riddled Speedy. Could we not throw Childress out there in a package with Lue and one of those horrific players?

Childress is to important to this team to trade. We shouldn't trade important player, so early in the season.

Yeah, well it's about taking the next step, isn't it? In the last week, we've lost to 3 of the worst teams in the NBA. The goal of this season was to beat teams we're SUPPOSED TO BEAT. Are we doing that? No.

Teams are buzzing about Childress, and I would hang onto him if we can't make a trade, but we need a trade for a PG, and everyone knows it

dude.

we can't trade pieces nobody wants.

we do NOT need free agents coming in and screwing up the chemistry of this team.

Did you see the way Josh Smith played yesterday, and in the first half against Charlotte? There are signs he's warmed up now and going to be borderline all-star material.

Did you see the way Marvin Williams has been our most consistent player every single game this season? (He missed a few shots yesterday, but that was his only really off night this season).

Did you see how Josh Childress does a lot of the hustle and little work tipping balls, moving around without the ball, playing PG when needed, driving the ball?

Did you see how Horford is showing flashes of becoming a VERY good big man in this league?

Did you miss when Acie had 7 assists and 0 turnovers before he got injured...

JJ is a good player, probably our best player...

but our most athletic and exciting player is Josh Smith...

we do not need more trash players...and every team has at least a couple of trash players that sit on the bench and do nothing...

and if we want to trade away our trash... we will only get trash in return...

Its not the team that BK has built that is the problem...

the team is brimming with talent...

Woodson is doing very little with the players he has been given...of course injuries destroy continuity and can set back a franchise...and the hawks are just unlucky...

but to fire BK would be stupid...people can whine and moan about chris paul/deron williams and sheldon williams all you want...but at the time, the picks we made were the ones that made the most sense. MARVIN WAS THE CONSENSUS NUMBER 2 PICK IN THE DRAFT THAT YEAR. as for Sheldon, I think that woodson isn't using him correctly...and he is kind of losing his confidence...

we need to find a way to keep this team together...but change the coach. thats my 4 cents ...

I would not trade Childress away for some crappy PG.

If toronto is interested in Childress, then Calderon would be okay to trade Childress away for... but...

Childress is pretty valuable to this team...

we've got a nice mix of players...we just need the scheme and the leadership from the coach...

My biggest problem with BK is drafting. I won't even go into the CP3 fiasco...BK is not creative (or not well informed). Any fool who follows college basketball outside of the ACC could see that Paul Milsap was a steal. Check the NCAA recordbooks. He was just what we needed - depth at the big positions - and we could have had him in the 2nd round. Utah wasn't stupid.

Also - BK seems to take the easy route with his first round picks. Has he ever heard of a trade-down to fill multiple needs? Personally, I think he is stubborn and not very bright.

How the hell is trading two draft picks for a player you could have signed straight up his best move? No one is crying about Joe's contract but BK and the ASG are pretty dumb for trading the picks. The only two moves on your list that were dumber than TRADING for Joe Johnson are Orlando going out there way to give Rashard Lewis $30 million(atleast) more than any 1 else offered in a S&T and New York trading 2 lottery picks for a player no one else wanted because of a possible heart problem.

BK's best move is easily getting Josh Smith at 17 but I did like his 2007 draft.