• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Woody / BK poll

Lascar78

Well the recent play has nothing to do with it. Woodson has to be fired because he is clearly not an NBA caliber coach. It's as simple as that IMO.

I have cooled down on wanting BK fired immediately(I did after the 06 off-season) because I felt he had a good draft this year....but let's not pretend that this guy is an upper echelon NBA GM. Bird,Ferry,Isiah,Mchale, and Chris Wallace(from his Boston days) are the only three who I can honestly say have done a worse job that BK IMO. He's passed on two many good players via the draft and trade and he's the one who hired and apparently won't fire Woodson(I assume it's up to him).

yes, bk has not drafted best possible player at most of his draft slots to date

however, what gms have?

he also hasn't drafted any BUSTS in 1st round like most gms have...his worst draft pick so far is shelden, who won rotm in april and is a double-double machine...sure we would rather have roy, but shelden isn't a bust, just not best player at his draft slot

and again, if he had drafted better sooner, then we wouldn't have players like horford/law

by picking players who would take longer to develop, we got to get more high draft picks

now our team is overflowing with talent...we just need the right coach, time and a 2nd healthy pg to team with law and we are off to the races

Quote:

he also hasn't drafted any BUSTS in 1st round like most gms have...his worst draft pick so far is shelden, who won rotm in april and is a double-double machine...sure we would rather have roy, but shelden isn't a bust, just not best player at his draft slot

An NBA ready big man who can't beat out Zaza Pachulia for minutes in the rotation is a bust imo...maybe it's just me though.

I just don't see them cutting them both lose at once. The franshise is in too much disaray and I'm not sure it would rebound. Attracting a coach with everything that is going on could be dicey?

I would say that they can Woody, owners sit down and make a decision about a coach, not letting BK do it. They need to have a plan for both a coach and GM to move forward.

Quote:

Quote:

An NBA ready big man who can't beat out Zaza Pachulia for minutes in the rotation is a bust imo...maybe it's just me though.

As the coach of the Atlanta Hawks I'd start Shellhead and see how he responds to starting.

Certainly he couldn't be worse defensively than Zaza?

Certainly he couldn't be worse offensively than Zaza with all his TOs

IN SHORT.

FIRE WOODY HE'S NO GOODY

Quote:

How the hell is trading two draft picks for a player you could have signed straight up his best move? No one is crying about Joe's contract but BK and the ASG are pretty dumb for trading the picks. The only two moves on your list that were dumber than TRADING for Joe Johnson are Orlando going out there way to give Rashard Lewis $30 million(atleast) more than any 1 else offered in a S&T and New York trading 2 lottery picks for a player no one else wanted because of a possible heart problem.

BK's best move is easily getting Josh Smith at 17 but I did like his 2007 draft.

Are you the PHX GM? If not how do you KNOW that PHX wouldn't have matched. Also, other teams were bidding for JJ; hence you have to pay. Again the two draft picks are going to be low selections. The first of the two wasn't even used by PHX, so that is a win. Second, Boris is GARBAGE. Thus, the JJ trade was for a single mid teens to early 20s pick. Umm, that is a no brainer. Shhesh.

Both need to be fired, about three years ago. If nothing else (and there are plenty of other reasons) BK goes deserves to be fired for hiring Woodson and retaining his services for as long as he has.

BK has had the opportunity to hire a coach with two different franchises now and both times he got stinkers. BK probably has the worst winning percentage of any GM in NBA history given that his two coaches have had the worst and third worst winning percentages of all time.

The real fundamental problem with the Hawks remains the ineffectualy ownership group. They have no clue and have allowed this franchise to exist under the spector of a law suit for too long.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

How the hell is trading two draft picks for a player you could have signed straight up his best move? No one is crying about Joe's contract but BK and the ASG are pretty dumb for trading the picks. The only two moves on your list that were dumber than TRADING for Joe Johnson are Orlando going out there way to give Rashard Lewis $30 million(atleast) more than any 1 else offered in a S&T and New York trading 2 lottery picks for a player no one else wanted because of a possible heart problem.

BK's best move is easily getting Josh Smith at 17 but I did like his 2007 draft.

Are you the PHX GM? If not how do you KNOW that PHX wouldn't have matched. Also, other teams were bidding for JJ; hence you have to pay. Again the two draft picks are going to be low selections. The first of the two wasn't even used by PHX, so that is a win. Second, Boris is GARBAGE. Thus, the JJ trade was for a single mid teens to early 20s pick. Umm, that is a no brainer. Shhesh.

I have always contended this was a good trade with the exception that our own pick wasn't protected enough. That said, how do you discount the pick we gave Phoenix by the fact that they traded it? It could have been used to take Rajon Rondo - that is what we lose because that is what it cost the Atlanta Hawks.

Still don't think the trade was a negative by any means but you need to account for what it cost this franchise - not how it benefited Phoenix.

On the BK front, a negative that hasn't been mentioned much is the fact that BK hasn't replaced Woody. It is his call to make. The fact that this board was ready to let Woody go at the end of last year almost unanimously and BK can't see that is not something that endears him to me.

The owners will need to overpay for a good coach but it is well worth it at this point, IMO.