• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Soth, any news about Woody?

Guest GHook4

Quote:

Quote:

Just another thing...

Sothron was here for a long time before the sudden "sources" posts started popping up. Why all of the sudden, with this great wealth of inside scoop, would it all be revealed?

The 2006 draft we got nada, bumpkus. Nary an inside word.
Did the sources say to finally go public?

Yes. And for the reasons I PMed you about. shrug.gif

Sorry, the PM didn't clear up much for me.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Just another thing...Sothron was here for a long time before the sudden "sources" posts started popping up. Why all of the sudden, with this great wealth of inside scoop, would it all be revealed?

The 2006 draft we got nada, bumpkus. Nary an inside word. Did the sources say to finally go public?

TP, if it meant that Sothron was privy to such information it would just make you more envious and that envy would make you less willing to believe what most here see as sincere, humble, qualified, reporting of what an employee within the Hawks states to Sothron.

Sothron is at least a known acquaintence of JayWalker. He has stated his acquaintence with Jaywalker led to a contact, maybe even a friendship within the organization. It would also make sense that as Jaywalker was removed and later removed himself from the Hawk situation that someone else knowing him would come to share in his or develop similar contacts. Contacts are contacts for a reason. They like sharing information and they will find safe alternatives (to Jaywalker) if their link to the outside "media" is lost. I'm certain there are many people in the Hawk organization that cannot stand what is going on in there and would actually want what is going on leaked.

Regardless, TP, you aren't going to believe it because it wouldn't feel good to you at this point to be wrong and your envy of "being on the inside" seems to be further clouding your judgement. Anyhow, Soth isn't claiming to be on the inside. He claims to know someone on the inside. It's a relatively minor claim. It's just strange the level of response personally you have against Sothron given he takes no more credit than he does. In fact, you take more credit for debunking him (which I haven't witnessed AT ALL) than he takes for reporting what he has heard. Amazingly strange.

Quote:

First you don't know me...and I don't [censored] about you...lets get that straight first

Second of all. He posts about the impossible. Rick A, has been the coach of the Rockets since the summer. So....now we hear he was inquiring about the Hawks position. Why not Hubbie Brown? where is Larry Brown coaching? these guys are working no where. You see it would be easier to believe this BEFORE he went to the Rockets. Now we know..this is impossible to validate

How about Smoove...lets see, a trade offer was turned down...Okay. Now what? how are we supposed to believe that is the case? How will we even know this happened? Especially after we've failed to do anything significant since BK was here.

And the whole Woody situation? who doesn't know that AS thinks the can win the case with Belkin? Who doesn't know that we can't afford another coach..until this situation is resolved.

If you would like to share with rest of us skeptics....what convinced you, maybe it will go along way towards credibility. But at this point, his substance is no better than mind.

You got it. Walter is asking for things to be disproven that we cannot disprove, not because it is credible but because we won't ever know. The Adelman talk must have squeezed in sometime after the season ended. But again, Adelman is old school and coaches don't inquire about positions already held by others. And GM's, out of respect for their coaches, don't answer hypotheticals about job openings that don't exist.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Just another thing...Sothron was here for a long time before the sudden "sources" posts started popping up. Why all of the sudden, with this great wealth of inside scoop, would it all be revealed?

The 2006 draft we got nada, bumpkus. Nary an inside word. Did the sources say to finally go public?

TP, if it meant that Sothron was privy to such information it would just make you more envious and that envy would make you less willing to believe what most here see as sincere, humble, qualified, reporting of what an employee within the Hawks states to Sothron.

Sothron is at least a known acquaintence of JayWalker. He has stated his acquaintence with Jaywalker led to a contact, maybe even a friendship within the organization. It would also make sense that as Jaywalker was removed and later removed himself from the Hawk situation that someone else knowing him would come to share in his or develop similar contacts. Contacts are contacts for a reason. They like sharing information and they will find safe alternatives (to Jaywalker) if their link to the outside "media" is lost. I'm certain there are many people in the Hawk organization that cannot stand what is going on in there and would actually want what is going on leaked.

Regardless, TP, you aren't going to believe it because it wouldn't feel good to you at this point to be wrong and your envy of "being on the inside" seems to be further clouding your judgement. Anyhow, Soth isn't claiming to be on the inside. He claims to know someone on the inside. It's a relatively minor claim. It's just strange the level of response personally you have against Sothron given he takes no more credit than he does. In fact, you take more credit for debunking him (which I haven't witnessed AT ALL) than he takes for reporting what he has heard. Amazingly strange.

You are hitting too close to home. These guys had reasons to talk to Jaywalker and some of them have the same reasons to talk to me now that Jay doesn't cover the Hawks at all.

Btw Jaywalker and I are IRL friends as well. He even drove down and helped me set up my old Linksys router system in my old apartment. tongue.gif

Walt, your a funny guy. Envious of inside sources? Yeah, you have it Walt. Always the insightful one. How does one pull one past you?

Sothron is humble? Really, that's news to me. Because everytime something happens here he jumps all over it and claims credit. Remember, forget ESPN they stole from me, you heard it hear first! I broke the story 46 seconds before the major networks! ESPN and others are PM'ing me because of my Hawksquawk inside reports! My wife is typing because you all need your inside info! Yeah, Chad Ford, you got that from me! I can't believe Chad Ford would come to HS and steal that from me! Yea, humble.

I have analyzed all of the inside information postings and I never learned ONE thing that I hadn't seen or heard elsewhere because most of the inside dope was so general if was laughable. He broke us talking to Gasol? No. What about Conley to PTL? No, every fairly insightful poster on here figured PTL would at least call to see about Conley. That was big news? I'm still waiting for all of this big news that I supposedly got. Let me know, please.

Walt, you just seem a little lost most of the time.

Quote:

Quote:

There's really no proof that either you or Soth are telling the truth... The fact that the media "broke" a similar story that Soth had been talking about on the message board is not even remotely close to proof.

I think Sothron has been not only accurate but humble. There are no delusions of grandeur here. He's not proclaiming he has ANY first hand knowledge or insight himself, he's simply reporting what seems a (to him known) credible source somewhere well within the organization. His ONLY claim that nobody else can claim is that he knows and communicates with this person about Hawk's basketball.

...And people flame him for it?!?

Talk about your envy, people. You guys envy a guy who knows a guy who knows a thing or two about the Hawks first hand SO MUCH you flame him for it. Silliness.

Sothron, I appreciate, look forward to, and believe your commentary for the most part because YOU ARE HUMBLE ABOUT IT, you qualify your reports, and the reports seem to play out.

Sadly, you really are in a can't win with these guys Sothron. The more you are right, the more you will be envied by them. In this case their envy will trump any evidence of proof or the sincerity of your reporting.

Thanks,

W

http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/showflat....=&fpart=#264720

Quote:

Walt, if you don't think I backed it up then go back and re-read. I have never seen anything of value or substance by Sothron as inside info. He's played the "general" game and listed 18 scenarios that were mainly hoopshype stuff.

If you find value then wonderful. The day that I hear something definitive before it happens will be the day I change my mind. I've sifted through enough "inside scoop" to know that I don't need these updates.

But plenty of people read fiction and believe in fairy tales. God Bless you.

I believed sothron during the draft,but now im a little skeptical

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There's really no proof that either you or Soth are telling the truth... The fact that the media "broke" a similar story that Soth had been talking about on the message board is not even remotely close to proof.

I think Sothron has been not only accurate but humble. There are no delusions of grandeur here. He's not proclaiming he has ANY first hand knowledge or insight himself, he's simply reporting what seems a (to him known) credible source somewhere well within the organization. His ONLY claim that nobody else can claim is that he knows and communicates with this person about Hawk's basketball.

...And people flame him for it?!?

Talk about your envy, people. You guys envy a guy who knows a guy who knows a thing or two about the Hawks first hand SO MUCH you flame him for it. Silliness.

Sothron, I appreciate, look forward to, and believe your commentary for the most part because YOU ARE HUMBLE ABOUT IT, you qualify your reports, and the reports seem to play out.

Sadly, you really are in a can't win with these guys Sothron. The more you are right, the more you will be envied by them. In this case their envy will trump any evidence of proof or the sincerity of your reporting.

Thanks,

W

http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/showflat....=&fpart=#264720

What does that show? Knight was high on Yi and he was high on Horford. By the time of the draft some of the owners wanted Yi for $$$ reasons and Woodson/Knight wanted Horford for actual basketball reasons. All of that was reported back then as well so feel free to link to those posts as well. juggle.gif

Come on Soth. Your initial report as I recall, was that Knight had fallen for Brandan Wright. Then, it was the Horford vs. Yi deal. You were covering every base during the draft. Then when it was Horford...you claimed that you called it. Hell, we had all called either Horford or Yi by that time. I remember reading about you saying that Wright was BK's love right after reading an Orlando pre-draft report that said BK loved Wright.

There was no teeth at all in the inside draft scoop.

• Moderators

Pete - When Jay Walker takes the time to revisit the Squawk and endorse Sothron as he did last year before the draft, that carries a lot of weight with me. I think it should carry some real weight for any Hawks fan. I would say to let Sothron post. If he posts something that turns out to be clearly wrong then jump on him for it. If you just doubt his credibility, think of the endorsement and give him some rope.

(Sothron also has been a good Hawks poster for years without issue prior to beginning to post information from his source.)

• Premium Member

Quote:

Come on Soth. Your initial report as I recall, was that Knight had fallen for Brandan Wright. Then, it was the Horford vs. Yi deal. You were covering every base during the draft. Then when it was Horford...you claimed that you called it. Hell, we had all called either Horford or Yi by that time. I remember reading about you saying that Wright was BK's love right after reading an Orlando pre-draft report that said BK loved Wright.

There was no teeth at all in the inside draft scoop.

I was posting information long before then. And if you remember my PM you would understand why I posted that about Brandan Wright specifically.

I'm still waiting btw to hear back from you in PMs if you managed to call that guy and ask him your question. Since you want to engage in exploring my credibillity let's see some of yours.