• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Soth, any news about Woody?

Guest GHook4

I didnt wanna make a new thread out of it. But, you mentioned there was talk of getting Gasol and then getting Calderon (but it fell through when we couldnt get Gasol). I personally think those would have been the best moves we couldve made due to the fact that they would fit in so well with our current players (athletic, up tempo, etc.).

What did those deals look like (just the basics... im really curious about this one as I'd STILL like to see us pursue it)?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

I didnt wanna make a new thread out of it. But, you mentioned there was talk of getting Gasol and then getting Calderon (but it fell through when we couldnt get Gasol). I personally think those would have been the best moves we couldve made due to the fact that they would fit in so well with our current players (athletic, up tempo, etc.).

What did those deals look like (just the basics... im really curious about this one as I'd STILL like to see us pursue it)?

IIRC the Raptors wanted the 11th pick and possibly Chill and we would have gotten Calderon. But when the Gasol deal fell through we didn't see the need to trade two pieces like that for Calderon.

BK should have pulled the trigger on that one. That's part of the problem with BK IMO. He has this longterm plan and he is going to just ride it out no matter what.

Reminds me of one of those WWI Generals they profile on the History Channel. They couldn't adapt so they just kept sending guys over the top to their doom.

Thanks for the feedback. With the way Calderon has been playing this season, I hope BK is still looking into acquiring him (if BK even has the ability to do so, considering the ownership fiasco).

Wow, trading both picks and maybe even Chill for Gasol and Calderon would have been amazing. We'd be a top 3 team in the east, and would have the entire country of Spain behind us! But like you said, it takes 2 to tango, and I could see why Memphis wouldn't want to deal a proven stud like Gasol.

First, the Gasol "deal" was likely never close to happening. Second, many on this board to include myself, thought that we could trade our 11th pick for Calderon. I don't think that was ever the case because the Raps valued him as a great contributor that would play major minutes going forward. The other deal was Chill for him straight up. I would have done that as well because we need a PG like Calderon more than another SF. I'm not sure that Chill for Calderon was ever discussed but I would still do it now.

Hey Sothron, don't listen to me dude. I'm just a young kid here trying to stir the pot and have fun.

Honestly I hope you recover very soon and wish all the best for you.

You have taken my posts with a grain of salt and with a sense of humor for that I thank you my good sir, and I respect you very much.

For all the other idiots who bash me because you think I'm serious, that's fine, I find it funny and I enjoy it.

And yes I go to to law school, and yes I drive a 350z and no my father didn't buy it for me, it was bought playing online poker for the past year and 1/2.

I know most of you drive old beat up hondas so don't be jealous.

and most of all FIRE WOODY.

Quote:

Pete - When Jay Walker takes the time to revisit the Squawk and endorse Sothron as he did last year before the draft, that carries a lot of weight with me. I think it should carry some real weight for any Hawks fan. I would say to let Sothron post. If he posts something that turns out to be clearly wrong then jump on him for it. If you just doubt his credibility, think of the endorsement and give him some rope.

(Sothron also has been a good Hawks poster for years without issue prior to beginning to post information from his source.)

Or at least spare giving yourself too much rope, TP. There are many here who know Sothron better than you do and whose presence here extends well into the Jaywalker era. Those who don't would do well to heed us (and Jaywalker) in this regard instead of looking the fool.

W

Quote:

First, the Gasol "deal" was likely never close to happening. Second, many on this board to include myself, thought that we could trade our 11th pick for Calderon. I don't think that was ever the case because the Raps valued him as a great contributor that would play major minutes going forward. The other deal was Chill for him straight up. I would have done that as well because we need a PG like Calderon more than another SF. I'm not sure that Chill for Calderon was ever discussed but I would still do it now.

The fact that Sothron posted (early) reports the Hawks were considering things others might consider credible only supports the likelihood that Sothron is reporting what a Hawk insider said! How does the fact that his postings were credible ideas suggest that they were not factual and true in that they came from somewhere within the Hawk's organization?

It's just the opposite. Maybe that makes them less groundbreaking to some, but "being the lesser miracle" (Occam's razor) only makes them more believable even if you have no knowledge of Sothron, his friend Jaywalker, Jaywalkers outright support of Sothron's postings, etc.

W