• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Let Salim play some minutes tomorrow night

Blunt91

If I am Woody I would let Salim play at least 15minutes tomorrow to see if he can slow down Tony Parker. Yes I know he isn't a great defender but he still has quick hands and is a better defender than Lue or AJ.

I know Lue will start the game but Salim should be the 1stpg off the bench tomorrow night not AJ or Childress. We will need Salim for his defense as much as his scoring ability against the Spurs.

• Moderators

Quote:

We will need Salim for his defense as much as his scoring ability against the Spurs.

I do like the improvement we have seen from Salim with his defense but that is not a sentence I like to read!

If we are depending on Salim's D, we are in BIG trouble. I am not sold on this great improvement that Salim has supposedly made on D. I watched Earl Watson blow by him and score more than once in that SEA game. I do think he is TRYING though and that is a big step in the right direction.

realisitic but if we can just get decent play from him, it will be an improvement over what we have had at PG so far.

T Lue is simply not a starting caliber PG and playing him more than 20+ mpg is asking for trouble. Really, I think 15 or less for him is ideal.

AJ has been horrible and Speedy is nonexistent. Right now, Acie coming back and playing solid ball appears to be our only hope.

Quote:

Folks arguing for Salim to play...because of D? I must be in Bizarro world

Have you not seen AJ and Lue's D ?

If you had you would know what we are talking about.

Quick PGs, like Parker, go past Lue and AJ like they are invisible or not even there.

I know it is sad we have to depend on someone like Salim for defense but this is the reality of the situation right now ....is it not ?