• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Team Has Given Up

TheDude

I stopped watching after 3 quarters. Our players had given up in the 2nd quarter. Here are my thoughts:

- I'll go ahead and get it out of the way because everybody is saying it- Woody has to go now. At first it was the lack of offensive plays or movement. All he had going was that the players played hard for him. Now, not so much. I think that unless something drastic happens with the play of the team, Woody won't make it another 2 weeks.

- We need veterans. With so many young guys, we need another somewhat talented veteran or two to keep the team going. The problem is you'd have to give someone up that has some type of value and I'd hate to get rid of one of our young guns. It is apparent that EITHER Shelden OR ZaZa will not have a place on the team, only one can backup Horford. so they are candidates. We need some strong-minded vets that can give our team some consistency and direction. No more Lorenzos though

- We all know this already but tonights game showed how ugly it could get. Our defense at the point guard position against quick PGs, is atrocious. We're talking NBDL at this point. We miss Law more than I thought, which honestly is sad because he's just a rookie.

- Josh Smith has GOT to learn team ball. He is the king of forcing a play. I love him on our team but these are the areas he needs to learn. The problem is that being on a shitty team won't help you learn that particular skill. Put him on the Spurs right now, and he'd learn quickly.

- ditto for ZaZa. It seems that ZaZa is incapable of passing once he starts his move. Like once he starts a move, magic blinders are put on and he can't see peripherally.

- again on the Woody thing. One on one basketball. That's all we got. Woody sets up plays. The problem is that you can't play an entire game on just set plays. Rhythym, movement, options from that movement are actual offenses. Nice guy, but umm no, he's not head coach material.

- I'm surprised Joe Johnson hasn't punched somebody.

- Unless something happens soon, I think Josh Smith is going to go Ron Artest on us. Not because I beleive all the hype about his attitude. But more that he looks so damn frustrated, which usually results him forcing a shot, therefore missing and therefore becoming more frustrated.

This team needs a shot in the arm and bad before it's too late.

Quote:

I stopped watching after 3 quarters. Our players had given up in the 2nd quarter. Here are my thoughts:

- I'll go ahead and get it out of the way because everybody is saying it- Woody has to go now. At first it was the lack of offensive plays or movement. All he had going was that the players played hard for him. Now, not so much. I think that unless something drastic happens with the play of the team, Woody won't make it another 2 weeks.

- We need veterans. With so many young guys, we need another somewhat talented veteran or two to keep the team going. The problem is you'd have to give someone up that has some type of value and I'd hate to get rid of one of our young guns. It is apparent that EITHER Shelden OR ZaZa will not have a place on the team, only one can backup Horford. so they are candidates. We need some strong-minded vets that can give our team some consistency and direction. No more Lorenzos though

- We all know this already but tonights game showed how ugly it could get. Our defense at the point guard position against quick PGs, is atrocious. We're talking NBDL at this point. We miss Law more than I thought, which honestly is sad because he's just a rookie.

- Josh Smith has GOT to learn team ball. He is the king of forcing a play. I love him on our team but these are the areas he needs to learn. The problem is that being on a shitty team won't help you learn that particular skill. Put him on the Spurs right now, and he'd learn quickly.

- ditto for ZaZa. It seems that ZaZa is incapable of passing once he starts his move. Like once he starts a move, magic blinders are put on and he can't see peripherally.

- again on the Woody thing. One on one basketball. That's all we got. Woody sets up plays. The problem is that you can't play an entire game on just set plays. Rhythym, movement, options from that movement are actual offenses. Nice guy, but umm no, he's not head coach material.

- Unless something happens soon, I think Josh Smith is going to go Ron Artest on us. Not because I beleive all the hype about his attitude. But more that he looks so damn frustrated, which usually results him forcing a shot, therefore missing and therefore becoming more frustrated.

The problem is that nobody that is in a position to do anything gives a damn.

Pretty spot on.

I'm getting nervous that this team will never develop chemsitry. Im also getting nervous about Smoove or Joe having a meltdon... you can tell they're both incredibly frustrated.

We need a change somewhere. Woody is obvious. But, it may just be time for BK to balance things out and shake things up with a significant trade.

This team still isn't built properly. Its on BK to fix that.

And then we get to the problem. How tied are BKs hands?

Im guessing he cant even make a significant trade. And, as said before, what good coach is gonna come here. Exactly. It's either Woody or Larry Drew.

This sucks. This team is fixable, but not under these circumstances it would seem.

LOL . . they haven't given up. They just got ran off the court by the World Champs. The problem, is that they're a soft basketball team that doesn't play smart at times.

When we're playing weak defensive teams, we're going to look good. When we play physical teams, we'll look bad.

It's just extra bad, that they put up an effort like this at home.

Quote:

I am too frustrated to type, but I 1000000% agree with everything you say.

JOE JOHNSON, CALL OUT MIKE WOODSON.

PEOPLE WILL LISTEN

North, your one game away from the 0-3 trifecta and I believe that this team will lose again in MIami.

Honestly, your a good guy and intelligent poster so I'm baffled why you would believe this Woody coached mess could possibly go 3-0. Taking your bet was an absolute layup.

But your heart is in the right place as an optimistic Hawks fan so I hope you don't leave till December. There's no need for that...

But, I hope you realize how stale we are and how desperate this team is for a new voice.

I am also frustrated with this team right now. But tonight's game was, as hard as it is for me to say, not one that I'm going to hold against the team. This is due mainly to the absence of all pg's except AJ, who matches up terribly against any quick pg and they said Marvin wasn't feeling too well because of dehydration due to food poisoining.

I'm not making excuses. Some changes need to be made. I'm still hoping something can be done to get Calderon for starters. Let's face it. We're going to have to say good-bye to either Smoove/Chillz/Shell or even Acie in a trade if we're going to make this team better. And it could still be yet another year away before we even become a .500 team.

I just with someone from the ASG would finally come to the fans without any ownerspeak BS and just let the fans know how much longer we are going to be drug along waiting for this mess of a franchise to solve it's internal issues. It's a slap in our face to keep expecting us to support this team when they can't support each other enough to put a team or coaching staff together that is on the same page. It's just a big mess and I'm getting sick of it. Have some guts Levenson and come address the fans in a straight-forward way. Do we not deserve at least that much?

Quote:

North, your one game away from the 0-3 trifecta and I believe that this team will lose again in MIami.

Hmmm . . . 18 road losses in a row. You think? LOL.

Quote:

Honestly, your a good guy and intelligent poster so I'm baffled why you would believe this Woody coached mess could possibly go 3-0. Taking your bet was an absolute layup.

I never believed that we could go 3 - 0. I just didn't believe we'd go 0 - 3. I just did it to spice things up a little. I knew hte possibility of us losing 3 in a row, was much higher than us winning 3 in a row.

Quote:

But your heart is in the right place as an optimistic Hawks fan so I hope you don't leave till December. There's no need for that...

But, I hope you realize how stale we are and how desperate this team is for a new voice.

Woody needs to do something drastic, before this gets completely out of control, and he's looking for a job. Maybe start Mario alongside JJ, until Acie gets back, for defensive purposes. LOL . . it sure would be nice to have Ivey about now.

But I do agree somewhat, that he may be falling on deaf ears in that locker room right now.

I think the guy he can't reach, is Josh Smith. Good or bad, Smoove is doing his own thing out there. Almost Ricky Davis like. Sometimes, Ricky looks great. Sometimes he looks like straight garbage. But Smoove looks like a wild horse out on the floor, whether he's playing great or playing bad. If he can't reign him in, either Woodson has to go, or Smoove.

The bet was that I would leave, until December 1st. So if we lose tomorrow night, you won't see me until after the SEC Title game. Hopefully, my Vols will be playing LSU in that game in ATL.

LOL . . it was a wild bet, but I'm no fool either. It's pretty much just a week and a half vacation from Hawksquawk.