• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why is Josh Smith so immature?

BHayley

Understood. But he started trying to get his point across about 2.5 years later than he should have. Mike Woodson gets credit for things that many fans figure out months or years before him. Like not letting the guy who can't shoot (and should be developing inside moves) shoot. Or running when you have one of the most athletic teams in the league.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And what's up with him and the layups? Just Dunk it on people dude!

I don't understand why he was able to get so many more dunks his first year in the league than he does now. Is that just a matter of my misperception? I can't imagine any physical problem that is keeping him from dunking with the league's best.

Not at all. I watched last night and on several occassions, he would beat his man off the dribble, have th opportunity to dunk but would take some circus layup that didn't go in. Somebody got to sit Josh Smith Down, pull out some old Shawn Kemp footage and tell Smoove that he's not a fineese player!!!

I'll start.

Footage for Smoove to watch..

Exactly. That's why I had that in my sig for about 2 months. I want to see MORE SHANW KEMP, and LESS RASHEED WALLACE out of Josh Smith this year.

Instead, he's not playing like either of those guys.

If defenders knew that he was looking to dunk it on somebody's head everytime he drove down the lane, they'd get out of his way instead of trying to block the lay-up. When LeBron has that full head of steam going, no one gets in his way.

Maybe Ms. Smoove, or some of the other people that know Josh, can tell him to play more like Marion and Kemp. Just go out there and embarrass somebody and dunk it on their heads.

LOL . . maybe Billy needs to hire Kemp as "big man" coach, seeing that we have all of these hybrid big men here, instead of Alton Lister.

Quote:

Quote:

LOL . . that's complete BS. If it wasn't for this coaching staff, Smoove would still be trying to be a 2-guard that shot a ton of threes

You're clueless man.

3pt attempts per game:

04-05: 0.3

05-06: 1.4

06-07: 2.1

07-08: 2.1

Smoove has taken about 6 - 8 of those three pointers, with the shot clock running down, so I don't fault him for some of those shots. Lue and JJ have a habit of passing it to Smoove, who is hanging out by the 3-point line, when they have nowhere to go when the clock runs down.

But even with that, the number of overall threes that he's taken, in relation to the overall number of shots he's taking, is down considerably.

04-05: 0.3 on 8.1 shots = 3.7% of shots are threes

05-06: 1.4 on 9.7 shots = 14.4%

06-07: 2.1 on 13.8 shots = 15.2%

07-08: 2.1 on 15.4 shots = 13.6%

So per shot, he's shootin less threes than he was 2 seasons ago. We need that number closer to his rookie year average per shot.

• Moderators

Quote:

But even with that, the number of overall threes that he's taken, in relation to the overall number of shots he's taking, is down considerably.

04-05: 0.3 on 8.1 shots = 3.7% of shots are threes

05-06: 1.4 on 9.7 shots = 14.4%

06-07: 2.1 on 13.8 shots = 15.2%

07-08: 2.1 on 15.4 shots = 13.6%

So per shot, he's shootin less threes than he was 2 seasons ago. We need that number closer to his rookie year average per shot.

Given the limited sample size, this year's numbers only appear to be different from his rookie year as far as what is statistically significant.

But in year's past, he was definitely looking to shoot that shot, more than he is now. That's all I'm saying. But if you take the 6 threes away this year in which JJ and Lue have passed him the ball with like 3 seconds on the shot clock, he would only be 3 - 13 from three, instead of 3 - 19. And those 13 shots would translate to around 1.4 threes a game.

1.4 of 15.6 shots = just under 9% of shots are threes.

But like everybody else, I'd wish he stop shooting jumpers altogether.

When you look at Smoove's "hotspots" shot chart, the only spot on the floor where he's making a jumper consistently, is from the left side at about the elbow of the FT line, out to the 3-point line. So he's knocking down that 18 foot jumper about 1/2 of the time from that area.

And of the 3 three pointers he's made, two of them have come right at the top of the key.

Everywhere else, as far as jumpers go, he hasn't hit more than one shot outside of 15 feet.

Woody's future as the coach here, may hinge on if he can corral Smoove into becoming a more consistent player that plays smart basketball. If he can't, Woody will be gone . . and Smoove might not be far behind him.

We tell him all the time. drive the damn ball. No one can stop you. Only he can stop him self.. He worked so hard on his post moves over the summer. He loves this city and wants to stay here. And he is far from being a selfish player or a bad person. Like people are trying to make him out to be.