• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

WOW at some of you

Frenzy

Quote:

I compare Smith to Vick

You know, speaking ONLY of actions on the playing field, that's a good point (again, I am NOT talking about anything off the field/court).

Both are among the most physically gifted in their leagues. Both have/had the chance to be a top 10 player who brings something that has NEVER been seen before.

The thing is, I always just kinda figured Vick would put it all together someday. I thought he would finally start throwing accurately and making good decisions in the pocket. Then, he would couple that with his remarkable ability to run, and we would have a top 5 QB in the league for years.

But, Vick NEVER put it all together. And now, we never will find out if he could/would have (which is a shame IMO, a loss for football fans period).

Same is true with Smoove. I wanna believe that he'll put it all together and will become one the most unique forces this league has ever seen. He'll learn to play to his strengths. He'll learn to pick his spots and play within himself.

I really wanna believe that that will all happen. But Vick wasn't able to do it in his 5-6 years as ATL's QB, and I just dont know if Smoove ever will be able to.

The real problem is that, if he does, and we've traded him away, we'll all be sick to our stomachs for a long time.

I see a lot of the Vick vs. Schaub debate in the Smoove vs. Marvin camps - at least where the Vick vs. Schaub debate was while they were both on the team (and the former in good public standing).

Smoove (Vick) is the face of the franchise. He's wildly inconsistent, but has HUGE potential and is fun to watch. Still can't seem to get his pct (Completion / FG) to where you'd want it to be.

Marvin (Schaub) is not the type of guy who's going to single-handedly win too many games for you, but he's got solid talent. He's more prototypical of the position and does all the things you expect him to do (make open jump shots, get foul calls) - nothing more, nothing less. Knows his role in the system and is very coachable.

I just hope we don't end up in a situation where we make a long-term commitment to Smoove and end up bringing in a rotation of coaches to find the "system that fits his talents."

As the previous poster said, we'll never know if Vick might have turned that corner. Hopefully Smoove will very soon and start realizing his huge potential.

Quote:

Quote:

I think its a recognition that the balance of the team is not working. Smith at PF with Marvin at SF and Horford at C is not the right rotation. We need a post player in the worst way.

I think this was the point about whom to draft this offseason. I-F you want a 2 small forward rotation like JS and MW then you MUST have a true, preferably 2-way dominant center (i.e. Bynum). Horford can play some center in a pinch, but he d@mn sure isn't one even next to a true Pf. The two together at the 4/5 are simply too undersized and underskilled. This draft didn't provide a center solution for us. Two years in a row we've tried to stretch players to play the center position and it simply will not work.

But drafting Horford isn't the problem. Horford has proven that he can play both PF and C, without hurting the team. It's the inconsistency of Josh Smith that's hurting us right now on the frontline. It's Smoove refusal to mix it up on the inside, even when he's having bad shooting nights, that's hurting us. Also, the fact that Smoove is 2nd in shots attempted, isn't helping us either, because he's not in position to get offensive rebounds when we do miss. Horford has been a consistent rebounder and defender, no matter where he's playing.

Of course, neither guy is going to stop a good PF or C, but they can at least put forth the effort to defend the paint, block shots, and most important, REBOUND THE BASKETBALL. The fact that Smith is averaging less than 7 rebounds a game now, and Marvin has 6 more offensive rebounds, and Chill has 10 more offensive rebounds than Smith, absolutely blows my mind right now. Rebounding is about good positioning, effort, and desire. Right now, Smoove only does those things when he has to, or when he has a tremendous athletic advangage over his man.

On the flip side, Horford is doing exactly what a guy like Jamal Magloire, Joel Przybilla, Brendan Haywood, even your boy ANDREW BYNUM or any other average center in this league, could do here. He's shooting over 50% FG, he's grabbing 10+ boards a game, and he's even blocking shots . . ALL FROM THE CENTER POSITION.

I thought Horford could average 9 points and 9 rebound at season's end. The most I expected from him, was to be a 12 point . . 8 rebound guy. He's already doing that in MONTH 1. He could literally be a 12 point . . 10 rebound guy by Christmas, if he got more looks on the offensive end, and if he'd cut down on the travels.

Quote:

Quote:

Smith has a lot of value and so might get us the best return.

Yes, he has value. Yes, however we got here we need to make a change. Lastly, I still believe that whatever change we likely make, we will not have enough talent to contend because of BK's incessant mistakes. As far as Smith...he is also a player I would least like to see traded within our conference because he will do everything in his power to own us when his team plays us. If you trade him, trade him FAR away. Personally, I'd rather trade MW or if a true center prospect can be had like Bynum, Horford.

W

W

So you'd keep Smith out on the floor at SF, and trade either Marvin or Horford instead to make the team better? Amazing.

What we need to do, is get Smoove's head on straight. No one needs to be traded at this time. Smoove just needs to let go of this idea that he can be a good offensive player against tough defenders. When we go up against Chicago next week, and he has Tyus Thomas on him, then by all means, go at that kid. But don't try to be a superstar against Tim Duncan.

Quote:

I know Smoove better than most on here, and I am one of his biggest fans. But he SUCKED big time last night. He made bad decisions the entire game. So did Joe but everyone seems to overlook that. Smoove needs to realize that he can do certain things and he can't to others. He frustrates me at times. Because he has superstar written all over him.....

It's the same thing every year though, It's always Smoove's fault and that will never change. Someone has to be blamed.

Are you his girlfriend, I was thinking this a while back but now it's becoming clear to me that you and him are one. I knew you was a little to crazy when I started calling him out on this site a year ago. Your probably cute, I seen one his gf when I was in HS and he was too and she looks nice. You probably do too.

Quote:

Quote:

I know Smoove better than most on here, and I am one of his biggest fans. But he SUCKED big time last night. He made bad decisions the entire game. So did Joe but everyone seems to overlook that. Smoove needs to realize that he can do certain things and he can't to others. He frustrates me at times. Because he has superstar written all over him.....

It's the same thing every year though, It's always Smoove's fault and that will never change. Someone has to be blamed.

Are you his girlfriend, I was thinking this a while back but now it's becoming clear to me that you and him are one. I knew you was a little to crazy when I started calling him out on this site a year ago. Your probably cute, I seen one his gf when I was in HS and he was too and she looks nice. You probably do too.

LOL , I grew up with him. So you guys may think I am not hard on him by my responses on here but that is so far from the truth. He's has worked extremely hard and I just want to see him become the best player he can. Last night was probably one of his worst games I have ever witnessed. He was just horrible and he knows it. Gotta be patient with him though. He's getting there