oiatlhawksfan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Smoove looked awful all game except for that last block.

He can't make any inside layups after he does his moves.

Anyone else extremely pissed Marvin isn't more assertive to get the ball and attack when he gets it?

Dude.

Don't say that about Marvin. They will start crying.

Doesn't matter that the only reason you are saying this in the first place is because you actually believe that he can score.

Lunacy!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Quote:

We were horrible in the beginning and come out with the win in the road. Josh played so-so, had the game winning block!

The Hawks played like crap and still won. Hard to believe.

JJ was clutch again with late back to back 3s which everyone will forget tomorrow.

LOL i agree

• Premium Member

Quote:

There is no one that could rationally try to sell that game as anything but horrible for Smoove. He made one block, I'll definitely give him credit for that, but that one play does not make up for the rest of the game.

Those 4 off. rebounds and 8 FT's were important, too.

If Woodson could get Smith to give up2-3 shots each to Marvin and Horford, I think we might have something here.

Quote:

There is no one that could rationally try to sell that game as anything but horrible for Smoove. He made one block, I'll definitely give him credit for that, but that one play does not make up for the rest of the game.

He made a great block after he screwed off that jump shot at the end (basically covering his own butt). Joe Johnson is the reason the hawks won tonight...pretty much like always.

Im anxious to get Acie back. Im also interested when/if they are gonna give him the green light to start filling up the basket a little bit more.

Quote:

Dude.

YOU ARE CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is that when you say something like that, there are people here with extremely poor reading/comprehension skills that interpret that as meaning the guy is not a good player.

The fact is... Smoove made some horrible plays out there. They were horrible because he is a great player and could be light years better if he were more disciplined. The Bucks game proved that.

That said, Smoove is still a great player ( note: this line will go completely unnoticed... WOW).

Quote:

In completely unrelated news, Calderon struggles from the field (4-13), but hits 2 threes, grabs 4 rebounds, and gets 8 assists to just two turnovers as the starter for Toronto.

In even more unrelated news, Biendrins scores 4 points and pulls down 4 rebounds in 18 minutes of action, as the Warriors get blown out by Boston. K. Perkins: 7 points and 7 rebounds and 4 assists.

Quote:

Quote:

If Woodson could get Smith to give up2-3 shots each to Marvin and Horford, I think we might have something here.

Come on man. Marvin Williams is a grown man. How can you make Smith give Marvin some shots. Marvin is the one that plays small forward.

Look at how many times you see Smoove out asking for the ball. You just never see that from Marvin.

IF YOU PASS THE BALL TO MARVIN, HE WILL ACCEPT IT...

BUT HE WILL NEVER ASK FOR OR DEMAND THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

What a dumb response.

How can you blame Woody for Marvin not shooting the ball?

Wow.

Let's see. Josh shoots from anywhere on the court he wants at anytime he wants. ZaZa shoots all the time. There are times when Lue and AJ take shots we think they should not and you really believe Woody has intentionally put handcuffs on a #2 overall pick that is shooting over 50% from the field?????

Wow!!!!

And you call me dumb?

You named 4 players that get significant playing time and claimed they shoot too much. You have a good case for three of them (AJ hardly ever shoots the ball unless he's wide open).

Add in JJ's shots which are deserved. The Hawks aren't left with many shots to go around, basic math there. Plus you have to factor in that MW isn't a one-on-one player, he's a jump shooter. He benefits from ball movement, and the Hawks don't have much of it a lot of the time.

Whether it's Woody's fault or not, it's not out of the question that it could be his fault.

And you, sasquatch, are terrible.

While the shooting was terrible, he did everything else how he should have done it.

He played defense.

He REALLY hit the boards. 11 rebounds with 4 being offensive rebounds ( something he hardly ever does ).

And he got the key block at the end.

Smith's 4th quarter:

2 points ( 0 - 3 FG but 2 big free throws )

4 rebounds

1 HUGE block

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

When you shoot 23% you had a horrible game esp. when you don't even attempt to play as a power forward and instead stick to the perimeter and three point land where you have no chance of being effective.

• Premium Member

If you look at Smith's line in terms of possessions, I think you can see some interesting things:

+4 --> 4 possessions ended in him scoring 2 pts.

-13 --> 13 possessions ended in him missing

+2 --> 4 possessions continued by off. rebounds

***Times 0.5, assuming 1/2 of those led to scores

+7 --> 7 def. rebounds end Heat possessions

+2 --> 4 assists

***Times 0.5, assuming 1/2 were player-dependent

-3 --> 3 turnovers = ending possessions

+1 --> 2 blocks

***Times 0.5, assuming 1/2 resulted in end of Heat possession

+4 --> 8 FT's made

***Times 0.5, due to value of FT vs. FG

-2 --> 4 FT's missed

***Times 0.5, due to value of FT vs. FG

-2 --> 4 fouls

***Times 0.5, assuming 1/2 of continued Heat possessions led to scores

Total = 0

He equaled himself out tonight.

• Moderators

I am just thrilled we won this game when we played right into the Heat game plan by playing almost exclusively a halfcourt game. The Heat had to be thrilled with the pace and play in this one - yet we still pulled it out. Nice to see some other team forget how to beat a zone.