• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sothron, that really was a stupid post

BHayley

What you said may very well be true, but to post it on a board that very prominent people attend is just a manifestation of pure idiocy. What if Ric Bucher or one of those guys you've allegedly informed before come here and see that? David Stern probably cares less about this franchise, but if this plan were to be executed, our team could be in the s***hole for many years to come. Don't post info like this.

I was reading the Sqawk early this morning ( like 4 am early ), via cellphone, while drivng 3 hours back from Memphis. After I saw that the Hawks had came back and won that game, I wanted to read the Minny vs ATL thread to see all of the reactions. LOL . . hilarious stuff.

But the whole timing of Sothron's post was disturbing. Some of you picked up on the timing. While others just went right along with what he was saying, and took it as complete gospel.

( And this is why I will NEVER advocate tanking, under any circumstances. It's just anti-fan to me. )

I've never had an opinion one way or another about Sothron's posts regarding inside information. I always took it as a grain of salt.

But last night, I had the immeadiate reaction that jerrywest had. Why in the world would he post that?

BHaley, I had the exact same thoughts as you did. To me, it's pretty obvious that national media types view this board. The comments made on here seem to always "leak out" as some groundbreaking news, when some national media writer speaks on it.

To post something like that, not only undermines the Hawks as an organization even more, it undermines the players.

I forgot who said this, but someone last night stated that if this team was actually implementing this plan, why even go to pay to see games?

I drive 300 miles to and from ATL about 5 - 10 times a year, mainly to see the Hawks. I plan to be in the building Friday night, to watch the Hornets. (( and now I have incentive to stay the entire weekend, to cheer on my Vols against LSU. Congrats to the Vols )) But if this is true, why would I as a fan go to watch a team that is obviously not trying to win, just to get a coach fired?

I'm hoping that Sothron's "source" was just saying this to him, after seeing how the Hawks came out the gate last night. LOL @ Diesel's account of the situation. Actually, I hope Diesel is right in the sense that Soth's source was just "playing him".

I think "stupid" doesn't give that post justice last night. I think it was reckless. That's the type of "insider information" that I definitely don't believe, or don't want to believe. And it shouldn't even be spoken about, unless you can absolutely PROVE it. It was completely reckless.

This is an internet message board for God's sake. Sothron can post anything he wants on here. What he heard may be true, but then again, it might not be. Fact of the matter is that he can write whatever he wants. The rest of the posters on this cite should stop acting so damn high and mighty. Sothron doesn't ask any of you to not post your thoughts, what you've heard, etc...

• Premium Member

Quote:

This is an internet message board for God's sake. Sothron can post anything he wants on here. What he heard may be true, but then again, it might not be. Fact of the matter is that he can write whatever he wants. The rest of the posters on this cite should stop acting so damn high and mighty. Sothron doesn't ask any of you to not post your thoughts, what you've heard, etc...

Thank you. And needless to say I agree. You guys ask me to post whatever interesting news I get on here and I do think players talking about tanking to get a coach fired qualifies.

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you. And needless to say I agree. You guys ask me to post whatever interesting news I get on here and I do think players talking about tanking to get a coach fired qualifies.

Oh please! The Hawks organization lies to us all the time - remember the "Speedy is 100% healthy" crap we got from Bernie a few months ago? I would believe a rumor from a drunk in a gutter before I would believe the ASG party line. I think Soth is probably right - even if it's just a rumor. GOOD...maybe these guys are bonding a bit in their hope for a real coach...a real system...a real offense.

...and to be honest - a real DEFENSE. I think all Woody preaches is effort. He isn't smart enough to run a box and 1 or a triangle and 2 in crunch time against star players (like they do against JJ)...NO...he puts in an undrafted F/A.

The guy is not BB savvy. IMHO detective.gif