• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Got 1st row seats for the Bucks game....

bumpyphish1

Okay, here's the quick background. Real good friend of mine from college lives in ATL (I'n in Macon), and his girlfriend works in "Ted Turner's office" I guess as a secretary type. Well, he still has tickets, front row, and apparently they are up for grab all the time in the office. She snags 4 seats for the Bucks game - $700 face value.

So, I didn't start typing to brag about my seats (which are good enough to brag about - gonna be tight!), but rather to solicit some advice. More background: when I talked to my friend today I told him I was going to bring him one of my extra jerseys to wear...and he hesitated to even give me the okay to wear mine (I think he wants to put up a good appearance although I doubt anyone would mind the jerseys.) ...which brings me to my point.

Courtside seats would be the perfect opportunity to get good visibility for a Fire Woodson sign. I guess TV would probably keep it out of the feed but still, maybe it would catch some eyes. How is my bringing a loud, potentially controversial sign going to be received by the Phillips staff and surrounding attendees? Will the elitist rich season ticket holders make things hard on me? Would such a display completely undermine my friend's attempt not to aggravate Ted Turner and Co.?

Man, I want to make a sign soooooo bad.

1. Someone gives you tickets, do not undermine them by doing something like that.

2. Signs are for WWE matches, and are usually held up by 12 year olds.

3. You're getting front row seats to a pro sporting event. Act like you belong there. Don't act like you belong in the cheap seats. That sign would be Bush League.

Edit: I would ditch the jersey, too. Dress nicely.

This reminds me of the time back in the late 80s when a friend of a friend got me four tickets next to Ted Turner's seats. At the last minute one of my friends couldn't make it. So my business partner and his ten year-old son and I tried to sell the other ticket outside the old Omni. The police wouldn't let us even sell it at half off the face value. So just before the game started I went back outside and gave it to the cops.

We're then down watching the game as it starts, with Ted sitting right next to us. Guess who the cops gave the ticket to? A hooker - I kid you not! She walks (STRUTS!) across the floor to her seat with HUGE hair, looooong fingernails, fishnet stockings, spiked heels, and barely wearly a blouse and skirt.

Ted was smiling like a kid in a candy store. The ten year-old thought the circus had come to town!

The cops must have been outside laughing their asses off.

Tell us what you're wearing so we can look out for you.

Are the tickets $700 each, or that much for all four tickets?

How the heck do you even get in the premium section? I bet security is hell.

Congrats man. I wish I could sit down there with Luda and Bow Wow. I wouldn't worry so much what you're wearing. You're a diehard Hawks fan like the rest of us, so show the team your support. Talk to the players.

Quote:

1. Someone gives you tickets, do not undermine them by doing something like that.

3. You're getting front row seats to a pro sporting event. Act like you belong there. Don't act like you belong in the cheap seats. That sign would be Bush League.

Naw...don't listen to Duff...he's a stick in the mud.

Definitely wear a Hawks jersey - plus - you should paint your face and get one of those rainbow wigs. Your sign should read "Woody no Goody"... tongue.gif

Can't wait to see you on TV!

Quote:

Quote:

Naw...don't listen to Duff...he's a stick in the mud.

Definitely wear a Hawks jersey - plus - you should paint your face and get one of those rainbow wigs. Your sign should read "Woody no Goody"... tongue.gif

Can't wait to see you on TV!

I was with Duff till I read this. That just might not be totally offensive. It loses merit while we are on a winning streak, though. If Woody doesn't lose again, I'm all for him staying. love.gif

Quote:

Tell us what you're wearing so we can look out for you.

Are the tickets $700 each, or that much for all four tickets?

How the heck do you even get in the premium section? I bet security is hell.

Congrats man. I wish I could sit down there with Luda and Bow Wow. I wouldn't worry so much what you're wearing. You're a diehard Hawks fan like the rest of us, so show the team your support. Talk to the players.

Ha, I will be wearing my vintage 1987-88 Spud Webb jersey (white) and loaning my friend a vintage 87-88 Nique jersey (Red). I am definitely not going to ditch the jerseys - that's just my fandom coming out - dont see how that could aggravate people. Sign probably wont happen just out of respect, but I may work some heckling of Woody in. Plus, my buddy really kind of relaxed on the jerseys - I could hear his g/f in the background and they kind of didnt know what to think at first but then seemed to open to it by the end of our last phone convo - expect the jerseys.

My understanding was $700 face each but I guess that could be all 4 total - $700 a piece is pretty "Ludacris", pun intended.

I still feel like I need to do my part to get Woody's azz canned.

Quote:

I agree. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with wearing a jersey but the sign would be tactless and could possibly get your friend in trouble.

Thats kind of what I think.

No sign probably. I may bring it in case it needs to come out in the 4th quarter if we are getting beaten by the lowly Bucks.

Quote:

I agree. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with wearing a jersey but the sign would be tactless and could possibly get your friend in trouble.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the jersey itself at a game. But for those seats, I would dress like I bought the tickets, and could whenever I wanted. That's just the way I am, though.

Alright everyone.

Look for your boy, Bumpy tonight. Headed to the ATL after this post.

Will be wearing by white old school Spud with a guy wearing a red old school Nique.

Still thinking about buying some poster board and bringing a Sharpie for a potential impromptu sign creation for when I get pissed off.