• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

This is not even close to being Woody's fault

BHayley

wait wait, so let me get this straight our team can't shoot for [censored], and when does our best shooter come in the game?????????????

9 minutes to go in the game.

I know Salim and Mario aren't in the rotation, but as a coach when your top guys arent shooting, arent hustling, and arent playing defense then its your job to put in other player.

I assumed with AJ and T Lue playing the first 3 qtrs that Salim had to be hurt, but no he comes in when we are down 23 in the fourth.

Im not saying he is a savior or anything, but when you are shooting 25% in a jump shooting game might want to get your best pure shooter in. just my opinion

Salim isn't our best pure shooter.

It's not Woody's fault we play like dead men for 3 quarters. No one boxes out at all on this team, and no one can step up and score.

That's not Woody's fault right now.

Woody kept AJ in in the 3rd, and he actually had some offense for us.

Yes Woodson is a terrible coach, but I place the blame on the lackluster rebounding job by our players tonight.

Thanks.

You can't be serious. I'm on the fence about Salim, but you can't tell me he isn't the best pure shooter on the team. Name one person beside JJ who was on the floor any way. Who could even get H-O on Salim in a horse game.

So if the guys on the court aren't rebounding, passing, shooting you just leave them out there and it's their fault?

Its the players bad, buts it's the coach's job to mix it up and try something else. Or at least pull Smith out and let him know it is not ok to go 2-14.

JJ will destroy Salim in a game of horse.

Lue probably could do the same too.

Salim shoots 5-9 one game, and 2-13 the next (Seattle game anyone?)

Who cares anyway?

Putting any of our benchwarmers in at any time would've helped, but we didn't want to win this game. It was pretty clear in the first half. These guys play with no energy, and the coaching is a joke too.

Double negative.

Quote:

Quote:

Woody is the coach. He can sit him down.

Absolutely. To me, this is the biggest mystery about the Hawks right now. Why won't Woody park him on the bench until Smoove gets the message? It just makes no sense.

And who should play when Smoove sits down?

I mean, the only alternative we have right now, is to play Marvin at the 4. Because Shelden and ZaZa are giving us squat right now.

So it's either Marvin at the 4, or let Solomon come in and hack everybody.

Quote:

JJ will destroy Salim in a game of horse.

Lue probably could do the same too.

Salim shoots 5-9 one game, and 2-13 the next (Seattle game anyone?)

I think you're 100% wrong. Salim has to take tougher outside shots than JJ. He's more of a one-dimensional player, so he'll get stuck facing tighter defenses. Plus JJ is about 7 inches taller so he gets better looks for that reason.

To think that in an empty gym JJ could even come close to beating Salim in horse...

JJ would have some 2-13 games as well if he was brought off the bench cold to go in there and be a spot up shooter.

And- you obviously don't remember Salim's shooting in college.

Quote:

I mean, the only alternative we have right now, is to play Marvin at the 4. Because Shelden and ZaZa are giving us squat right now.

So it's either Marvin at the 4, or let Solomon come in and hack everybody.

We still have more than enough forwards to keep Smith on the bench...

Besides playing the obvious Chilz, Marvin, Horford; we could play Marvin, ZaZa, Horford. Maybe Marvin becomes more involved and plays better if Smoove is not taking 5 shots a quarter; but if not, I could easily see Chilz, ZaZa, Horford, Salim, and JJ as the lineup for the biggest part of the 2nd half.

Woody has no excuse for letting a no-jump shooting forward hog the ball; and he has no excuse for not getting our best shooter, Salim, in the game when we are clearly having a real bad offensive night.

Josh Smith should never and I mean absolutely never lead this team in shots taken. That is just sick, on his part and Woody's part.

The team plays like Woody coaches... lackluster. I mean, I get SICK of seeing him sitting there sickfaced with no emotion, period. Except maybe depression. No wonder we play our games flat, the coach is a zombie! Why was Shelden, Childress and ZaZa in the game at the same time with no hint of Joe or Marvin to stretch the floor? This was a horrible coaching job. Shelden should NEVER play, period, he is garbage. And ZaZa isn't far behind.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Woody is the coach. He can sit him down.

Absolutely. To me, this is the biggest mystery about the Hawks right now. Why won't Woody park him on the bench until Smoove gets the message? It just makes no sense.

How about lottery pick and ROM Shelden Williams? Playing a lineup with Marvin/Shelden/Horford or Chillz/Shelden/Horford or Marvin/Horford/Zaza, etc. isn't that scary, IMO. The prospect that Josh Smith isn't going to learn discipline on offense is pretty terrifying.

Quote:

How about lottery pick and ROM Shelden Williams? Playing a lineup with Marvin/Shelden/Horford or Chillz/Shelden/Horford or Marvin/Horford/Zaza, etc. isn't that scary, IMO. The prospect that Josh Smith isn't going to learn discipline on offense is pretty terrifying.

Exactly, our bench isn't that bad. I would rather lose with them seeing what a Marvin/Shelden/Horford lineup could give us, than lose watching Josh Smith doing out of control spin moves throwing the ball at the basket hoping to get bailed out, or shooting jump shots. Those might as well be listed as turnovers in the box score.

Woody doesn't do anything though, he just watches it with his head in his hands.

I wasn't going to bring that up since it was college, but people forget he beat out JJ Reddick for the ALL TIME 3pt shooting % in the history of NCAA. I know its only been about 25 years for 3 pointers. BUT HE HAS THE BEST 3 PT SHOOTING % in NCAA history.

Yet he isn't the best pure shooter on our team???????????

I have seen some lame arguments on here and let them go, but you can't with a straight face say the "sniper" isn't the best spot up pure shooter on our team. Woody always said that there would be games that Salim would be great matchups with and would play more in. So in a game where nobody can score in the paint period, everyone is talking jumpshots. When you are down by 13 in the early 3rd quarter, and that 13 is a Mt. Everest considering the two teams were avg. 15 pts a quarter at that point why not put in your best shooter????? What is the worst that could happen you lose by more?

Did anyone hear Smitty and Bob last night when he came in and had 6 points in 6 minutes. Smitty goes instant offense when ever he comes in. I'm really not a huge Salim fan, you can see my prior post. But good god when your team is shooting 25% and scoring under 15 points in a quarter dont you think you should get your spark plug in there before you are down 23 with 8 minutes to go???????

• Moderators

Quote:

But good god when your team is shooting 25% and scoring under 15 points in a quarter dont you think you should get your spark plug in there before you are down 23 with 8 minutes to go???????

Let's be fair to Woody. He had no intention of playing Salim until Lue injured himself. The only one sorrier than Lue about the injury was Chris Duhon who remarked after the game that he had a harder time cutting through butter than cutting into the lane with Lue on D.