• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

This is not even close to being Woody's fault

BHayley

Quote:

Quote:

But good god when your team is shooting 25% and scoring under 15 points in a quarter dont you think you should get your spark plug in there before you are down 23 with 8 minutes to go???????

Let's be fair to Woody. He had no intention of playing Salim until Lue injured himself. The only one sorrier than Lue about the injury was Chris Duhon who remarked after the game that he had a harder time cutting through butter than cutting into the lane with Lue on D.

My facetiousmeter may be malfunctioning this morning... did Duhon actually say that?

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But good god when your team is shooting 25% and scoring under 15 points in a quarter dont you think you should get your spark plug in there before you are down 23 with 8 minutes to go???????

Let's be fair to Woody. He had no intention of playing Salim until Lue injured himself. The only one sorrier than Lue about the injury was Chris Duhon who remarked after the game that he had a harder time cutting through butter than cutting into the lane with Lue on D.

My facetiousmeter may be malfunctioning this morning... did Duhon actually say that?

No. I just got frustrated watching Duhon and Chi's PGs effortlessly cut through the lane giving our other guys the option of leaving someone open or giving up a short chip shot to Duhon. Obviously, the offensive rebounding from Chi was my other major point of frustration.

This team has no offensive identity. None. We will play whatever style our opponent is playing. I stopped watching the game going into the 4th because it was simply painful to watch. The Bulls started this game much like they have all season by shooting almost all jumpers and missing most of them. In return, we start shooting almost all outside jumpers and also start missing them. The change in this game occurred when Chicago started to make their jumpers in the 2nd period and we didn't. I don't even agree that we played good defense b/c Chicage continued to make bad decisions with the ball but were making those outside jumpers they should not have been taking. I believe JSmoove recognized that we should be driving the ball more but he lacks the ability yet to do this on a regular basis. The bottom line is we never dictate the game on anyone because we lack a coach with the coaching ability to establish an offensive identity.

Quote:

The team plays like Woody coaches... lackluster. I mean, I get SICK of seeing him sitting there sickfaced with no emotion, period. Except maybe depression. No wonder we play our games flat, the coach is a zombie! Why was Shelden, Childress and ZaZa in the game at the same time with no hint of Joe or Marvin to stretch the floor? This was a horrible coaching job. Shelden should NEVER play, period, he is garbage. And ZaZa isn't far behind.

Totally agree! when someone makes a bad play or takes a bad shot and they pan over to Woody, I always expect some type of reaction out of him, but all I see is that emotionless face like he was just asked an algebra question.

We need a young guy with some fire to get these guys going!

Inconsistent and directionless play has got to come back to the coach. They have the talent...but are not producing to their potential. Who else can you blame? Josh is a high school to pros player who still needs serious guidance. There is an abundance of young talent on this team that will go untapped unless the right coach is hired. I don't know who is available, but right now I would settle for someone who shows a little fire now and then,

I figure the blame lies somewhere in the middle. That was a pathetic effort by most of the players last night, but I agree Woodson should have recognised that everyone wasn't focused. I would have used my whole bench to find some energy if I had to. I know one thing if I had been Woodson last night I am getting thrown out. No way I am sitting on that bench and having to watch that effort.