• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tonight will tell a lot

coachx

Is tonight the straw the breaks the camel's back ?

Who could have circled this Minnesota game and predicted it would have so much importance. After last nights display it is very important how the team reacts.

Last night was a awful display of NBA basketball. It was so bad that words can't really describe it. There is no excuse for a coach to not stop the game and demand some excution and movement on offense. Treat them like 4th graders and tell them they have to pass 4 times before they shoot if you have too. Anything to get them out of the offensive funk and selfish play. I know your limited in the offensive game plan when neither of your 2 PGs can break down a defense but last night was ridiculous. Why Woody did not play Horford at all in the 3rd quarter is beyond me. We were getting out rebounded 3 to 1 and Woody takes ZaZa out and plays Smith at center to make the team worse at rebounding and boxing out. Why not put, Horford, your best rebounder in at that point in the middle of the 3rd. That is when it went from a 10 to 20 point game. Horford defense and rebounding could have prevented that run which truely put the game out of reach heading into the 4th. In the 3rd quarter Woody sat there and sulked as we got out rebounded due to his substitutions in the 3rd quarter as the Bulls went on their run. He did not stop the momemtum with a TO to adujust and get some excution out of the offense or put a squad out their capable of rebounding. That is inexusable.

Tonight the Hawks play the worst team in the league full of players with less expierence then the Hawks. If the Hawks don't come out on all cylinders and (double team Jefferson from minute 1) and compete then immediate actions could be in order. Seems logical even for the ASG.

Were the last two wins a mirage ? It is quite possible. The team played awful but were able to come back and win vs. bad teams. A win is a win. However, those were two ugly wins

Tonights game will tell alot about what the team is made of. How strong the morale and psyche of this team will be evident by how they bounce back.

This is where a true a leader steps up and rallies a team rather then divide it. (JJ)

This is also where a true cancer can show up or where you find out it may be just a "bonine" issue. (Smith)

I don't think we will learn anything from tonight's game that we don't already know. The team will have no identity, terrible coaching, and a management that can't (or won't) pull the trigger.

• Premium Member

That is do we play much better at home than we do on the road.

People forget how ragedy our road record has been. 2 wins on the road was good but it wasn't enough to suggest that we're a better road team. Maybe we need the switzerland like feel of the Phil to make us comfortable?

You are exactly right, we match up extremely poorly with the Bucks. Bogut and Charlie V can shoot from the outside which opens up the paint and Bogut is an excellent passer, the Bucks seem to actually run an offense, and they have terrific outside shooters. I doubt that we lose by less than 10 tonight.

Quote:

You are exactly right, we match up extremely poorly with the Bucks. Bogut and Charlie V can shoot from the outside which opens up the paint and Bogut is an excellent passer, the Bucks seem to actually run an offense, and they have terrific outside shooters. I doubt that we lose by less than 10 tonight.

If ZaZa plays significant minutes we will lose. If Horford plays significant minutes vs. Bogut we stand a very good chance. The team has to find a way to rebound that basketball. Horford is our best rebounder and Shelden is a better rebounder then ZaZa. Is the calculas or something ?

I expect Redd and JJ to play to a draw.

I hope Marvin takes advantage of Villanueva and Yi on offense and also hope neither Villanueva or Yi get hot with their jumper.

Can Smoove break out of his slump ? He did quite well scoring 38 vs. The Bucks last game while coming off a injury.

Some how we have to find a way to contain Mo Williams. If that means playing D. West on him so be it. Our offense can't get any worse with AJ at the point. So at least make the defense better defending that position. I know it is unconventional but the team is down to AJ as the only healthy PG.

Marvin is the key, every pass intended to Smoove he needs to steal it from him.

Every time Smoove puts the ball on the floor Marvin needs to take it away.

Every time Smoove goes up for a jumper, Marvin should be behind him waiting to block him.

The things worried about didn't happen.

Marvin didn't even dress. Zaza played major minutes.

Josh S. still can't hit a shot.

Hawks start an undrafted rookie from way down toward the

end of the bench.

Despite all this, Hawks win!!

This looked like the Hawk team we thought we had.

(I don't know who that was pretending to be Atlanta

Hawks in Chicago)

Tonight's game once again shows the importance of having

a strong, deep bench.

GO HAWKS!!!

thumb3d.gif

Quote:

The things worried about didn't happen.

Marvin didn't even dress. Zaza played major minutes.

Josh S. still can't hit a shot.

Hawks start an undrafted rookie from way down toward the

end of the bench.

Despite all this, Hawks win!!

This looked like the Hawk team we thought we had.

(I don't know who that was pretending to be Atlanta

Hawks in Chicago)

Tonight's game once again shows the importance of having

a strong, deep bench.

GO HAWKS!!!

thumb3d.gif

LOL @ Gray. Thanks for pulling this back up before I got to it. The Hawks are schizophrenic, right along with the fan base.

I'm trying to tell these guys to not take every game like it's a life and death situation. We can beat anybody . . or lose to anybody . . on any court.

Until the Hawks lose 6 in a row, or win 6 in a row, I don't think anyone can say that we're a bad, nor a good team.

If Chris Paul lights us up Friday night, a lot of people will start whining and crying again about this team . . and about the Marvin selection over Paul.

Oh well . . that's life on Hawksquawk.

If ZaZa plays significant minutes we will lose. If Horford plays significant minutes vs. Bogut we stand a very good chance. The team has to find a way to rebound that basketball. Horford is our best rebounder and Shelden is a better rebounder then ZaZa. Is the calculas or something ?

I blew that one. Horford got the start and played well. ZaZa got the 4th quarter mintes and delivered.

Good game ZaZa.