• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Oh... BTW...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Play of the night.

On the break...

AJ to Chillz.

Superman Dunk over Hinrich and the foul.

This was even more impressive than TT dunking on Marvin.

I think Chillz would be damn awesome with a true uptempo team.

If we trade him, I say send him to Seattle or GS... So that he can play to his strengths!

That was an awesome play.

I firmly believe that Chill will beef up some as he matures. I would love to see the Hawks hang onto him.

I still laugh every time I see him take a jumper, boy does he have odd form. It seems to work okay for him though.

He is a ferocious dunker and I don't believe there is a player on our team that has more thunderous dunks than he does. It seems that he gets a dunk like that almost every game and it's a shame that more of our players don't play with the intensity that he shows game in and game out because with their talent (Marvin and Smoove (on the offensive end at least)) they should be dominating but how often do you see anyone on our team besides Childress or TLue or JJ moving without the ball? Marvin could be a shorter distance Reggie Miller if we ran him off of multiple screens for jumpshots. That's how the Bulls got Gordon going last night.

The problem with this team is that we don't have a head coach with an NBA quality offensive system and we don't have enough high iq players to run it even if we did have the right coach. At this point I am all for replacing Woody and giving Smoove the rest of the season with the new coach to see if he can change. He is too damn talented on defense and as a rebounder to not give him a chance with a new coach to mature his offensive game but if by the end of the season he was still chucking up shots when he shouldn't be I would send him packing in a SnT.

• Premium Member

Even though he hits with amazing accuracy... i wouldn't say that shooting is his strength... However, he's getting quicker in his delivery... Last night, I saw him put up a shot pretty much off the curl (without setting his feet). If we didn't have a first option like JJ... I would say we used Chillz the way Indy used Reggie Miller... Off 2 picks to give him just enough time to put the awkward shot up. I mean, did you ever notice Reggie's form?

But I think Chillz strength is still the opportunist. He gets very opportunistic baskets weather it's wide open shot, rebound and putback, or catching a defender looking the other way and he goes and dunks on them... If Smoove wants to be a complete player, he needs to learn that last one.

• Premium Member

Quote:

At this point I am all for replacing Woody and giving Smoove the rest of the season with the new coach to see if he can change. He is too damn talented on defense and as a rebounder to not give him a chance with a new coach to mature his offensive game but if by the end of the season he was still chucking up shots when he shouldn't be I would send him packing in a SnT.

At this point, I agree with you 1000%. We have too much to lose or invest in Smoove to just trade him away or to resign him to a big contract without seeing him play for somebody else.

If it's dollars...

We'll end up paying Smoove far more than Woody and his replacement. We need to see if it's the right move.

Get Del Harris on the phone!! See if he's interested!!

• Moderators

A good coach wouldn't let the ball get in his hands so much. Especially not at the top of the key or 3 point line.

Think about how many touches he got in the second half compared to Marvin. The team treats him like he's an offensive go to guy and he's not.

You're absolutely right. Plays should be run (I could just put a period there) to get some guys open like Marvin, Chill, Salim. Instead they are left to pick up scraps from JJ and Smoove.

Not only a coach but maybe even more so a legit "this is my team and I'm the captain" type of PG who could literally keep the ball out of Smooves hands outside of the paint. He could just say get your butt in the paint and I will get you the ball, if not you are going to do a lot of watching.

This is how I feel about being a Hawks fan Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

Quote:

Not only a coach but maybe even more so a legit "this is my team and I'm the captain" type of PG who could literally keep the ball out of Smooves hands outside of the paint. He could just say get your butt in the paint and I will get you the ball, if not you are going to do a lot of watching.

This is how I feel about being a Hawks fan
Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

If only the Hawks had an opportunity to draft a true franchise point guard over the course of the past three years . . .

Maybe so, I have very high hopes for him, but I'm not sure he would be willing to piss Smoove off in his rookie year. No matter how good of a leader Horford and/or Law were in college and will be in the NBA they are still rookies who will usually defer to their veteran teammates.