Game 14: Hawks Vs. Bucks Game Thread

gsuteke

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

The last player people were scared to come inside on wore #55 as a Hawk. Smoove makes guys aware when they are already going up for the layup or when he comes over on weakside support and makes a block. I love his blocking tendencies, don't get me wrong, but he's not even close to stopping people in the low post.

Quote:

Quote:

Do you know how many times opponents shoot jumpers because they're afraid to go inside?

Since when did Smoove start playing the post? I know you think he is all world defense because his shot blocking numbers say so. But if you know anything about basketball, you will know this fact beyond any reasonable doubt. No one is afraid to go inside against our defense. No one!

It is a joke that you can even think that, much less post it.

I never claimed he is physically intimidating. Not even his mother would claim that. Just the presence of a superior shot blocker plays with players' minds.

Quote:

Tell that to the players that's afraid to go inside on a break because Josh Smith is there.

I am not going to tell you anything. Either you watch basketball and understand our weak post defense or you don't.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Do you know how many times opponents shoot jumpers because they're afraid to go inside?

Since when did Smoove start playing the post? I know you think he is all world defense because his shot blocking numbers say so. But if you know anything about basketball, you will know this fact beyond any reasonable doubt. No one is afraid to go inside against our defense. No one!

It is a joke that you can even think that, much less post it.

I never claimed he is physically intimidating. Not even his mother would claim that. Just the presence of a superior shot blocker plays with players' minds.

Obviously you forgot what happened when Smoove was out injured last year. He also was +10 tonight. The only starter with double digit +. There is a reason for that.