• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Angry Joe Johnson.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

But I see Joe Johnson sitting in a chair in front of his locker,
like a jewel in a landfill
, and I'm certain I haven't witnessed such pathos since watching Charlie Chaplin in "The Tramp."

"We're just so inconsistent," the Hawks guard said before Wednesday's game against Milwaukee. "It's frustrating. We play the teams that we think we should beat, the teams that supposedly are not so good, and we tend to let our guard down. Then we get hit right in the face.

wow.gif

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think BK lied to Joe's face back when he signed. Yes, he was paid big money but he still wants to win. He likely doesn't see this team as constructed doing all that much.

It clearly is a team with flaws. But, I still say that if a Calderon were running our team and getting the ball into the right hands at the right time...it would all take off.

BK just doesn't understand how to assemble a team. He has a bunch of nice pieces, each one fine on its own. But the pieces don't mesh, they don't fit right.

Add a lousy coach who has been here too long and you get another wasted season.

Quote:

Quote:

, and I'm certain I haven't witnessed such pathos since watching Charlie Chaplin in "The Tramp."

"We're just so inconsistent," the Hawks guard said before Wednesday's game against Milwaukee. "It's frustrating. We play the teams that we think we should beat, the teams that supposedly are not so good, and we tend to let our guard down. Then we get hit right in the face.

wow.gif

My feelings on Joe Johnson are as follows.

He took the money. He's cashing the checks. He knew what he was getting into.

I'm not feeling bad for him in regards to "he was promised the Hawks would do X and Y when they signed him."

The dude is cashing the checks. Don't cause the drama. You get payed to play a child's sport for christ's sake!

1. Josh Smith is shooting 15 shots per game while shooting 36%.

2. ZaZa has played like crap unitl last night.

3. The Chicago game was the worst game of the year.

If he were happy enteing last night's game then somthing is wrong with him. I think everyone on the team were probably sharing those same thoughts. At least I hope they were.

I was at the Bucks game and Smith and Smoove were suprisingly on better terms then I expected. I saw JJ walk clear across the court on 2 occasions to help Smoove up off the floor and saw them talking in each other's ears between the 2 of them alot.

He is frustrated but I don't think he is fed up, yet.

On TV you only see certain emotions when the camera is on them. At the game you see their body language every second their on the court when your there.

I think last night was just the medicine the Dr. ordered to hopefully let the team move foward. ZaZa finally came around, now we are just waiting on Smoove.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

wow.gif

I'm not feeling bad for him in regards to "he was promised the Hawks would do X and Y when they signed him."

The dude is cashing the checks. Don't cause the drama. You get payed to play a child's sport for christ's sake!

You assume that money will make anyone happy. You know better than that.

Look at how many athletes, and people in Hollywood do things to flat out ruin their lives, because of unhappyness, even though they have MILLIONS of dollars.

The reason why some veteran athletes will take the league minimum to go play on a championship contender, is to experience the thrill of WINNING. It has nothing to do with money.

The money JJ makes, only makes his everyday life easier. But on the court, I could definitely see how he'd be miserable right now.

As many have said . . Acie is our beacon of hope right now. He may be the missing piece to all of this.

I don't think that JJ has ever experienced more than a 4 game winning streak, in the 2.5 years he's been in ATL. But he's experienced quite a few 8 - 10 game losing streaks.

That'll drive even the highest paid players to be unhappy ( see KG and Kobe ).

Quote:

I think BK lied to Joe's face back when he signed. Yes, he was paid big money but he still wants to win. He likely doesn't see this team as constructed doing all that much.

When BK signed Joe, how was he supposed to know that the ownership group would go through a protracted divorce that has crippled this franchise? The last significant trade that BK made was JJ. Is that because he doesn't like making trades? His previous history as a GM certainly doesn't suggest that. He was forced to deal Al Harrington for non-salaries and we were lucky enough that we got a pick that resulted in Law. But that was a clear sign that we are on a very, very strict budget. Read BK's quotes before the draft. He seemed determined to bring in a vet. But his bosses likely told him to go cheap. BK can be blamed for his draft selections, but I don't blame the guy for operating with a bottom 5 budget.

I too have been wondering if I was the only one reading Joe's body language that way too. He looks as if he is just simply physically and mentally tired of being the only legitimate scoring option on this team. I don't believe he is going to stop trying but if things don't get better w/ this team on the floor, the organization as far as the Atlanta Spirit and the coaching staff's ability to get these guys playing on the same page, he is going to demand a trade.

well one thing is for sure. we're in much better shape than last year.

the Hawks got off to a decent start last year but in hindsight it was all smoke and mirrors.

their best basketball is undoubtably ahead of them. hence no need for the drama, especially from Joe Johnson.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

wow.gif

First of all its paid not payed. uglyhammer.gif

Secondly.....double standard much? On the one hand you say he needs to be more vocal then on the other hand you say shut up and play. So which is it? make up your mind Mr Waffler.

Also even though his shot has been off he is still averaging 22.5 ppg (13th in the league) and 5.4 assists per game. Both numbers would be higher if his teamates weren't shooting so many blanks.

I am still waiting for a list of all the players who are outperforming JJ who make less than he does (and aren't on their rookie contracts). It should be an extensive list if he is so overpaid.

I am not sure he is 100% healthy either. I don't think that thing on his calf is a fashion accessory.

f3a1a049e1b7327384702dea7df94e10-ge.jpg

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

wow.gif

First of all its paid not payed. uglyhammer.gif

Secondly.....double standard much? On the one hand you say he needs to be more vocal then on the other hand you say shut up and play. So which is it? make up your mind Mr Waffler.

Also even though his shot has been off he is still averaging 22.5 ppg (13th in the league) and 5.4 assits per game. Both numbers would be higher if his teamates weren't shooting so many blanks.

I am not sure he is 100% healthy either. I don't think that thing on his calf is a fashion accessory.

f3a1a049e1b7327384702dea7df94e10-ge.jpg

Joe Johnson is an overrated jumpshooter.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it EX!

LOL

here comes the shot charts.....

Since you didn't see my edit i will repost this.

"I am still waiting for a list of all the players who are outperforming JJ who make less than he does (and aren't on their rookie contracts). It should be an extensive list if he is so overpaid. "

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

wow.gif

Happy ! HAPPY !!!

Happy by definition Happens. Unhappy, get over it.

Take a Happy pill.

You live in America.

Are Rich.

Play a sport for a living.

Take another trip to New Orleans or spend a night in mechanicsville.

Or grow up and make the best of your circumstance.

Happy, wow.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

wow.gif

Happy ! HAPPY !!!

Happy by definition Happens. Unhappy, get over it.

Take a Happy pill.

You live in America.

Are Rich.

Play a sport for a living.

Take another trip to New Orleans or spend a night in mechanicsville.

Or grow up and make the best of your circumstance.

Happy, wow.

yeah i really want my best player to be happy with losing. I know Jordan was so pleasant to his teamates when they were losing (punching them, mocking them, degrading them, demanding trades publicly).

Quote:

yeah i really want my best player to be happy with losing. I know Jordan was so pleasant to his teamates when they were losing (punching them, mocking them, degrading them, demanding trades publicly).

now you know I was baiting.

Pitching hissies however is counter productive.