• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Angry Joe Johnson.

Diesel

Quote:

Quote:

Happy ! HAPPY !!!

Happy by definition Happens. Unhappy, get over it.

Take a Happy pill.

You live in America.

Are Rich.

Play a sport for a living.

Take another trip to New Orleans or spend a night in mechanicsville.

Or grow up and make the best of your circumstance.

Happy, wow.

yeah i really want my best player to be happy with losing. I know Jordan was so pleasant to his teamates when they were losing (punching them, mocking them, degrading them, demanding trades publicly).

Perhaps you mean "happy about losing". Happy is an emotion. I suggest he behaves as the Well paid professional he is. Get over the silly, female-ish emotions. He doesn't have to smile, he can continue the sour-puss, but dont cry about his Lot in life.

Play the game and enjoy your life.

Jordan ??? where does that fit in??

:mr-t:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

BK just doesn't understand how to assemble a team. He has a bunch of nice pieces, each one fine on its own. But the pieces don't mesh, they don't fit right.

'Nuff said although those "nice pieces" were far more often than not the least nice piece available.

W

Quote:

Since you didn't see my edit i will repost this.

"I am still waiting for a list of all the players who are outperforming JJ who make less than he does (and aren't on their rookie contracts). It should be an extensive list if he is so overpaid. "

to answer your challenge in the context you posted it in....

Chris Bosh

Carmelo Anthony

Chauncey Billups (arguable)

Manu Ginobli (wash)

Richard Jefferson

Tony Parker

Caron Butler

Chris Kaman (arguable)

Marcus Camby

Steve Nash

Carlos Boozer

Lebron James

You can keep the crickets Sugar

tongue.gif

btw by "Hawksquawk standards" it's not really an argument.

I just know typing "Joe Johnson" and "overrated jumpshooter" in the same paragraph is the equivalent of pushing Ex's ON button.

grin.gif

we're just having some wholesome fun on a slow night. In fact I've got 12 minutes left.....

Quote:

Quote:

Not trying to break in to you guys' arguement - but you have to admit that Yi guy is creative! I don't think I've ever seen somebody going for a reverse block before...lol
eheheh.gif

He's waving to the 1 chinese guy in the audience who came out to see him.

that's a good one too.

I like my theory though!

icon23.gif

Quote:

Chris Bosh

Carmelo Anthony

Manu Ginobli (wash)

Richard Jefferson

Tony Parker

Caron Butler

Chris Kaman (arguable)

Marcus Camby

Steve Nash

Carlos Boozer

Lebron James

Carmelo makes slightly more.

Richard Jefferson- no

Caron Butler- no

Chris Kaman- no

Marcus Camby- no

Many of the players you named are underpaid. What about Antawn Jamison, Steve Francis, and Chris Webber? They all make significantly more than JJ. Michael Finley makes 21.7 million this year.

When a player is overpaid, you don't have to convince other fans of it. A fringe all star making 13 million this season is not a bad salary.

Joe Johnson's the 29th highest player in the league. Sounds about right. The Hawks aren't doing him any favors by paying him his market value.

Quote:

Quote:

Since you didn't see my edit i will repost this.

"I am still waiting for a list of all the players who are outperforming JJ who make less than he does (and aren't on their rookie contracts). It should be an extensive list if he is so overpaid. "

to answer your challenge in the context you posted it in....

Chris Bosh

Carmelo Anthony

Manu Ginobli (wash)

Richard Jefferson

Tony Parker

Caron Butler

Chris Kaman (arguable)

Marcus Camby

Steve Nash

Carlos Boozer

Lebron James

You can keep the crickets Sugar

tongue.gif

obviously you didn't understand the question. I will repeat the part that you missed.

make less than he does (and aren't on their rookie contracts).

Try again.

I know you were just trying to get me riled up. i didn't want to disappoint you.

Quote:

I suggest he behaves as the Well paid professional he is. Get over the silly, female-ish emotions. He doesn't have to smile, he can continue the sour-puss, but dont cry about his Lot in life.

Where has he been crying about his lot in life? That is just nonsense that people here are making up. He has been playing hard (and a lot, 41 minutes per game) even though he doesn't have a lot of help.

of course he is pissed about their inconsistency but that hasn't stopped him from playing to win.

Quote:

I see people saying he should be more of a leader and more vocal, but when you look at guys that are like that it isn't always a pretty picture.

Quote:

Quote:

I suggest he behaves as the Well paid professional he is. Get over the silly, female-ish emotions. He doesn't have to smile, he can continue the sour-puss, but dont cry about his Lot in life.

Where has he been crying about his lot in life? That is just nonsense that people here are making up. He has been playing hard (and a lot, 41 minutes per game) even though he doesn't have a lot of help.

of course he is pissed about their inconsistency but that hasn't stopped him from playing to win.

Quote:

I see people saying he should be more of a leader and more vocal, but when you look at guys that are like that it isn't always a pretty picture.

I don't really mean to get on Joe. However, for team's sake, the locker room is the place to vent. Media attention is like pride, it comes before the fall. I would like the Hawks to adopt a bunker-type mentality, All Season.

I want to see Shelden flex and Salim sling bombs. I'd like Joe to continue to snarl and now and then yell at someone (referee or/and opponent). I'd like JSmith to post low 5 times a quarter. I'd like Zaza to shoot his mid-range jumper at least three times a quarter.

Other words do what they do best. Stay inside of their game.

spin.gif

Quote:

...I would like the Hawks to adopt a bunker-type mentality, All Season...

About the only time you see that kind of thing is on a team with a strong coach who is well respected (IMO). This is a team with too many young guys looking for future contracts...and a coach that cannot command enough respect.

• Premium Member

I posted a week or so ago that JJ was angry and upset. Its going to get worse IMO the longer it goes without them bringing in talent. If however we start winning games then I think he will not have a real gripe. I honestly feel for Joe because there's no way he could have foreseen the Belkin fiasco and what its meant to the team but it is what it is.

I personally wish he'd get onto these guys more during actual games than griping about it post game with reporters. Make an impact during the games, be a vocal leader Joe. You might be surprised at the results.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I posted a week or so ago that JJ was angry and upset. Its going to get worse IMO the longer it goes without them bringing in talent.

I don't get this statement! This team has talent! In fact we are one of the few teams with 5 players with efficiency ratings over 14.5 even with our numerous injuries. So what talent are we suppose to bring in?? Gasol? His team is playing worse than ours! Ridnour? He not even leading his own team in assist and plus he is hurt. One of diesel dozen like Marbury or Randolph god no! or the many other duds that he has suggested over the years Chalie V., Frye or crap like that. Who??? Personally, i think that we will be just fine if Smith stops shooting and the roster get healthier.

• Premium Member

I'd vote for Gasol if I had a say in the matter. tongue.gif

I think exodus had an idea I wasn't too keen on at first but watching the games this year Haywood has really shown up for them. If we could make just one small move like picking him up and letting Horford go back to PF and getting some low post time at his natural position I think we could push for a .500 record this year (assuming no more significant injuries).

• Premium Member

I have to admit I'm fascinated at what Woody No Goody would actually do in a real game if he had a real low post scorer (or made a real effort to give Horford chances) and a real point guard. Not just rookies here mind you but good NBA talent, not great maybe, but good. Would we actually see a better offensive game plan? Would Smoove actually be yelled off the floor if his shot selection becomes erratic at best? Would our defense be more than just weakside Smoove blocks?

Inquiring minds want to know!

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'd vote for Gasol if I had a say in the matter.
tongue.gif

Gasol is a poor rebounder and defender. The Grizzlies give up the second most points in the league for a reason. And its not because they are a running team.

Quote:

I think exodus had an idea I wasn't too keen on at first but watching the games this year Haywood has really shown up for them. If we could make just one small move like picking him up and letting Horford go back to PF

First of all How is Haywood an improvement over Horford? Secondly, If you move Horford to power forward, what do you do with Smoove and Shelden? Does Zaza play at all on your team?