• Raised $440 of $700 target

Angry Joe Johnson.

Diesel

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you know, and I've documented a lot of it here, that Mike Woodson is one of the losingest players in NBA history. He was a scorer from day 1. He still holds the Indiana freshman scoring record for a game. They won the title the year before he got there and the year after he left, btw. The man has been around losing so much. We see the defeatist attitude in him. He just takes it. Year after year. He doesn't know any better. You know his pro coaching background. It's not too pretty outside of that title with the pistons. He is who I thought he was. I know he sucks. With a big man or not. There is an obvious ceiling with him. Why try to reach it?

• Premium Member

Zaza would be the backup center which quite frankly is all he ever was and probably can be.

I know its not popular to say it but I seriously would swap Smoove in a heartbeat for either an establish big man or a young big with promise (Bynum, Biedrins) that can actually play real center and lets us move the other players into their normal positions.

Marvin will be at SF, Horford at PF, X at center and we hope Law develops at PG. Grumpy JJ should be Not So Grumpy JJ at SG and then we can finally see what we really have in this team. Its been year after year of rebuilding and we still don't have any kind of real answer at center (hell even Elton Brand has Kaman) and we're just hoping Law develops like we hope we can.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Zaza would be the backup center which quite frankly is all he ever was and probably can be.

I know its not popular to say it but I seriously would swap Smoove in a heartbeat for either an establish big man or a young big with promise (Bynum, Biedrins) that can actually play real center and lets us move the other players into their normal positions.

I am so not sold on Biedrin as a player. His numbers are no different than Horford! At least Smith can do several things very well. What does biedrin or Bynum for that matter do well? Heck Bynum is playing with a hell of a team and they still have only won 2 more games than we have!

Quote:

Its been year after year of rebuilding and we still don't have any kind of real answer at center (hell even Elton Brand has Kaman) and we're just hoping Law develops like we hope we can.

Who plays center for Detroit? What about San Antonio? Utah for that matter? What about Phoenix? Those were the best teams in the league last year. This board is so enamored by 7 footers and point guards its sickening!

• Premium Member

Quote:

I posted a week or so ago that JJ was angry and upset.

Mr. Insider... It's a big difference if media speculates on JJ being angry VS. FO knowing that JJ is angry and has been angry all summer. So before you start to claim s--- like Columbus... Stick to your own speculations and say that. Hell, people have been speculating that JJ is angry SINCE last year this time. However, if you know for sure that the people in the FO knows that JJ is angry and have known and haven't done one thing about it, then that's much different. SO let me ask you again STOOGE RON, does the FO know for a Fact (and have known) or is this just speculation?

• Premium Member

Of course they know he's upset. Do you seriously think it took an AJC article for them to read it and know he's not happy?? C'mon HEAVY D even you should be able to figure that one out. I told you why he was unhappy.

Owner 1: JJ sure seems to be pouting during the games this year

Diesel: Its ok, its just a bad lemon he had at the pregame meal.

Owner 2: Heavy D, he doesn't seem to be happy.

Diesel: Of course he's happy! He loves losing and having a horrible coach! Who wouldn't??

Owner 3: We can't let it get out he's unhappy it could hurt our CREDIBILITY! (gasps of horror from the other owners)

Diesel: No no, don't say that, if he's unhappy then Sothron will found out and mention it on Hawksquawk!

Owner 1: YOU MUST STOP HIM HEAVY D! This is your mission!

Diesel: Heavy D will try his best! No one could possibly ask him about his attitude from the conventional media or see it for themselves! Only the evil SOTHRON must be silenced!!

I also think that JJ is upset with this team. But I don't think he's the only one. I think that everyone on the team is upset, but I don't know if they know who to blame for their lack of consistency or who they can blame when "things don't get done". I just hope our season will change once acie gets back healthy and JJ stars putting up atleast 25 a night, and Smoove starts shooting atleast .450, maybe we're going to be one of those teams that will pick up the slack after the all-star break crazy.gif

If Smoove keeps shootng 36% we won't be able to trade him for a hill of beans.

Since the Bedrinas rumors started I have gone out of my way to watch him. Bedrinas has more flaws then Smoove. Smoove's flaws are mental and fixable (just quit shooting 3's). Too bad he doesn't listen. Neither box out. Bedrinas relies on his length and Smoove relies on his vertical to get rebounds. GS's uptempo system distorts RPG b/c you have so many oppurtunities and so many possessions. Bedrinas is a better man defender in the post due to his length but Bedrinas cannot run the floor and play transition defense that Smoove can do. Would Bedrians make us a more complete team ? Don Nelson does not think so or he would not be trying to aquire Smith for Bedrians for his team. We both want up tempo teams. If anybody knows the uptempo system it is Don Nelson. Nelson also has a history with making people look foolish in the draft, trades, and free agency. Remember the Dirk pick. How did that Indy trade work out ? Every one thought Nellie was crazy with picking Dirk. Play Harrington at center over Bedrinas vs. Ming & Stoudaire ? WTF ? Nelli does it and it works. (You don't have to tell me why he does what he does, you would be preaching to the choir).......maybe we should belearnig from Nellie. I trust his judgment more then BK.

WE SHOULD ALL SEE A RED FLAG WHEN ONE OF THE WINNINGEST COACHS IN NBA HISTORY IS IS PLAYING ONE OF OUR X-PLAYERS (HARRINGTON) AT CENTER AND WANTS AOTHER ONE OF OUR PLAYERS (SMITH) FOR BEDRINAS. NELLIE KNOWS MORE HAN WE DO AND MORE THEN BK DOES.

BE CAREFUL TRADIG WITH NELIE...YOU WILL PROBABLY GET BURNED.

I hope Smoove gets on track. It will help us win and help us get more in a trade or sign and trade at the end of the year (IF that is how it plays out).

All we need is for Smith to return to the form he dislayed last February and March and all will be forgotten. I would not count on that happening unitl Law gets his groove back.

It's long season that isa marathon and not sprint. I am holding out patience that Law comes back and he will only give Smoove the ball in the right situations helping his effecincy. Law will also break down the defense and make life easier for Smoove and Horford. Without a PG, Smoove and others are simply forcing the issue on offense, handle the rock too much, and doing things they are not meant to do.

If we want to run and up tempo system Smoove is a perfect part. He just needs the right instruction and PG to make it work. He will blow up atGolden State uder