• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What does this say about Beidrins?

Admin

"Yao shot 4-for-12 and had five turnovers, finishing with a season-low 10 points. Andris Biedrins started the game guarding Yao but coach Don Nelson quickly changed to Harrington. In two games against the Warriors since Harrington joined the team last season, Yao has only 19 points on 6-of-16 shooting."

Maybe it doesn't say anything, but unless Al suddenly became a good defensive player I can't imagine having to resort to using him to guard Yao.

Quote:

I saw a stat the other day that he led the league in fouls last year too, which surprised me because I haven't seen him play too many times but he doesn't seem to be that overly aggressive or incapable of learning.

He has always been very foul prone. He definitely isn't afraid of contact.

I was a lot higher on him when he first came out than i am now. He doesn't look like he has put on weight at all.

We need a guy who can match up physically with the big post players. He gets pushed around pretty easily. He would certainly be a big defensive upgrade over Zaza but i can't see trading Smith for him.

Of all the centers that are actually available i would say Diop would be my first choice.

Do you believe that Diop is available? I tell you, I sure as hell wish we still had Pryz. If we had Pryz and the Jet combined with the rest of the players on our roster we would be a significantly better team.

I am all for trading Smoove if it makes us better, especially when he is playing selfishly, but I wouldn't trade him just to trade him and honestly I don't think Beidrins and a 1st falls into the category of trading him just to trade him, but he might not make us any better. The big thing for me is that I want to see how Smoove plays once Acie is back and how he plays under a new coach if Woody gets the axe.

I suppose with the contract that Damp has that he will be difficult for them to move because I can't imagine a scenario where I would rather have Damp, even at equal money, compared to Diop who is much younger and still has an upside. Maybe they will let him go but I wouldn't count on him leaving since I'm sure he probably loves playing for Cuban.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Do you believe that Diop is available?

He's a ufa this summer.

The reason they have both Damp and Diop is to deal with Shaq. Now with Shaq on the decline and teams moving towards small ball it seems a little redundant to have both of them.

I agree!

It has nothing to do wit Harrngton's defense.I s te susem that took Yao out of his game.

Bedrinas cannot run. He labors in Nelsons up tempo system. This was clear as day in the Warrior vs. Suns game earlier in the week, which the Wariors won. Harrington got the start on Stoudamire . Bedrians can't run. Bedrinas may have seen the floor 10 minutes in the entire 1st half and the 10 minutes he played wore him out. He was laboring like a 40 year old...not like a 23 year old should.

Yao can't run, even worse then Bedrians. So Nelson started out with Bedrians at center. He then decided to put Harrigton in to force Yao out of the paint b/c Harrington shoots from the outside like crazy whenplaying center for Nelli, and Harrington runs the floor better then any center. It totally took Yao out of his game.....the style of play that is, not he individual defense.

Quote:

I saw a stat the other day that he led the league in fouls last year too, which surprised me because I haven't seen him play too many times but he doesn't seem to be that overly aggressive or incapable of learning.

He uses his length to reach over the back alot. He has slow foot movement too. The Warriors play alot of zone defense where the center needs to move his feet and rotate. Bedrinas has surprisingly slow feet.

In all honesty, ZaZa would beat Bedrians in a foot race. Not that centers have to be fast in MOST systems or on most nights. However, your not going to beat Yao in the pos with size vs. size.

Not saying Bedrinas is a bad player, but Yao can have his way with almost anybody in the post, so to beat him you don't "join him" in the post, you take him out of his game by making him run and guard the perimeter vs. a shooter............Harrington.

As usual, good coaching and adjustments by Coach Nellie.

I like the idea of Biedrins, but I have to admit I haven't seem him play much. But the idea of getting a 21 year-old center who averages 10+ rebounds and 2 bpg, while shooting 60% from the field, is appealing to me - especially when you take into account the fact that Josh Smith takes as many shots as some of the most dominant scorers in this league but is shooting well below .400% from the field.

• Premium Member

Biedrins doesn't average 2 blocks, and never has. He is a toothpick and gets thrown around inside - he is no Zaza, but he still is not any sort of defensive presence. I like Biedrins, he is a nice looking young player, the problem I have with trading Smoove for him, is that we would be giving up our best defensive player (by far) for someone that would not make us better defensively. I just don't know if we would be a better team with him instead of Smoove... now, if we could get him for Childress - future first - Shelden, or some package like that... than I'd be on board for sure.

Acie - Lue

JJ - The Sniper

Marv - Super Mario - Smoove

J-smoove - Horford - Zaza

Biedrins - Horford - Zaza

that would be a pretty sweet and deep team. (we would still need one more shooter though)

Quote:

"Yao shot 4-for-12 and had five turnovers, finishing with a season-low 10 points. Andris Biedrins started the game guarding Yao but coach Don Nelson quickly changed to Harrington. In two games against the Warriors since Harrington joined the team last season, Yao has only 19 points on 6-of-16 shooting."

Maybe it doesn't say anything, but unless Al suddenly became a good defensive player I can't imagine having to resort to using him to guard Yao.

I think it says more about your agenda towards Horford than anything

Irrational conclusion from one game you didn't see suggesting that someone like Biedrins has a better future than Horford

Quote:

Quote:

I think it says more about your agenda towards Horford than anything

Irrational conclusion from one game you didn't see suggesting that someone like Biedrins has a better future than Horford

?

this had nothing to do with horford

he is saying biedrins may not be as good as people think