• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I bought a Slingbox the other night ...

Admin

and since I have the NBA League Pass I am considering letting a few people who can't see the game watch it when the Hawks are on. I watched the Cowboys Packers game last night while I was at work and it performed very well. I would like to find out how many people can view it before the quality degrades to the point of being unwatchable so I would like to try and get a few of you to watch the game tonight with the SlingPlayer, if you are interested. It's a free download here:

http://downloads.slingmedia.com/go/desktop-us

I will ONLY be allowing posters that I trust (meaning have a good reputation on here and a decent amount of posts) to connect to it (and to also not give out the link and password) since it has a virtual remote control and you can literally control the Directv Box that I have it connected to, which by the way is a secondary box so you won't be screwing up the HD version I am watching, but you would be screwing it up for other posters that will be watching it.

In case you aren't familiar with what this is, please go here to see a demonstration.

http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox

So if any of you are interested in trying it out tonight please let me know.

I have a Blackberry 8800 and am with AT&T/Cingular and from what I hear the next phone to have a slingplayer mobile created for it will be the Blackberry's. It was put off because of the slow network speed that T-Mobile and Cingular have but Cingular is supposedly upgrading their network so we shall see. Of course I'm not sure if that will cost more on my end to be able to stream video, if it is I'm sure my work would be thrilled to cover that cost LOL.

i'm the only person in the world who doesn't have cable tv, but i shell out for cable internet. i tried to get comcast out to my house like 5 times and they always screw it up or don't show up on time, so i said forget it. i'm a cheap jerk anyway. i wish the hawks were on TBS like the good old days frown.gif

Wow thats awesome. I would like to see the quality on that. I am in SC so normally when they say on TV Guide that the Hawks game is on SportSouth or FSN you turn to the channel and its UNC Women's Basketball or something lame like that.